jerry

cleaning car...prices...?
« on: May 04, 2004, 02:53:14 am »
what is the avg that you charge for cleaning the seating and carpet in a car, do you chaqrge more for leather etc...

Ken Wainwright

Re: cleaning car...prices...?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 08:31:56 pm »
Don't do this sort of work myself. Anything you do is usually a compromise, can take ages to dry and doesn't pay particularly well.

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 09:54:50 pm »
Jerry

The average price for a full valet of a mid size car in my area is about £70 and it’s more or less with them for the day and as Ken says it take ages to dry, not a lot of money for the work involved.

Sorry I have not answered you question in full, if I was asked to this type of work I would charge min £100 for fabric  and £150 for leather/carpets only it’s bad enough vacuuming them out, they would need to get the other cleaning done some were else.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Derek

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 10:06:58 pm »
Jerry

My business in the early days was in contract cleaning and we did have a carpet cleaning section in which we employed twelve full time staff alone.
Fabric interiors were just coming into vogue most were vinyl

My recollections are that you have to be a bit of a contortionist to be able to operate within a vehicle... to dry. leave the engine running , heater full on with the windows slightly open.

I won't give a price it was so long ago you would only laugh.

Derek

DaveR

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 10:22:43 pm »
Did you charge extra for the running boards Derek?

Best Regards
Dave

Dave Parry

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2004, 11:28:28 pm »
I used to use my ninja to valet cars when I first started. I used to charge £ 90 for a full valet, inside and out. About £ 120 for leather. Thats carpets, seats and headlining, wash and resin polish. Took about 4 hours and was weather dependant. This meant you could book work in and not be able to do it due to rain. Back breaking work and not as profitable as carpets.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2004, 01:50:59 am »
Dave, I only charge extra for the running board if it's a Model T.

cleanmac

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2004, 02:33:27 am »
Cleaning cars can be very lucrative,if done in large quantaties for car dealers and on their premises.
Stay away from private customers ,unless it is a favour for someone.In my area ,I have seen umpteen  people
trying to setup  valeting  services for the consumer and none has survived beyond 5 years.
Pricing?  Lucky to get more than £50 for an interior (standard car ,medium soil level).
By the way the HWE part of doing an interior is the easy bit ,15 min. tops.
Drying? Post towel the carpets and as said in a previous post idle the car with the heater blowing on the highest settings but keep the windows shut ,open one of the rear doors very slightly instead.

Derek

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2004, 10:30:22 am »
Hi guys

My My.....Running boards indeed..  That's your name in my little black book sunshine ... ;)

Seriously ....car valeting provided a good financial grounding for future things.... we worked on the customers premises for most of the main dealers within Leicestershire.

I was probably one of the first companies to provide an independent valeting service... its all franchised these days

Cheers
Derek

Dynafoam

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2004, 09:33:57 pm »
If DaveR got himself in trouble with mention of running boards, good job I didn't post the message that mentioned horses !

John.