Philip

Best Portable Extraction Machine
« on: April 30, 2004, 12:59:52 am »
New to business and shortly taking first Prochem training course.

No doubt they will try and sell me the advantages of their machines, but just wondered what the general concensus was on their machines, and if anyone thinks there is anything better out there.

Your comments and advice would be most appreciated.

Len Gribble

Re: Best Portable Extraction Machine
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 01:16:10 am »
Philip

Prochem machine are very good some are better than others you don’t state which avenue you are going down HSE, Dry or bonnet in your new business venture. If you could elaborate more then we have a chance in guiding you!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Philip

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 01:21:17 am »
Sorry HSE

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 02:01:41 am »
Philip

Sorry to be nick picking have you a preference on one of there HSE machines and what type of cleaning you are aiming for commercial or domestic or both, also what is your budget.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 02:01:54 am »
Hot solution extraction isn't that right Len  ;)

Shaun

Philip

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 10:20:59 am »
Sorry, didnt realise so complicated.

Initially Domestic, but would like to do some Commercial in due course.

I like the look of the Steempro's and Cheyenne's, and budget is @ £2000.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Bob Allen

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 06:55:28 pm »
Cleancare  Kleenrite edge machine best portable ive used, Steve Carpenter is selling a couple. In my oppinion much better than the prochem machines (hydromaster also do "the Raptor" same machine) abit heavy but very powerfull with 2 x heat exchangers with 0-300 psi.
Regards Bob
Bob Allen

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2004, 10:58:32 pm »
Philip

Sorry if I made it complicated for you asking all these questions, I would hate anyone parting with good money by buying the wrong equipment

Both theses machines if bought direct will take you over your budget as you will also need heat exchange system.

Now into the Lions den (yes a Millwall supporter) sorry cant comment on the Cheyenne never used one, the only differences I can see is on the tank side larger, but have used the steempro powermax with the heat system very good machine it done what I asked it to do!

It’s worth looking at the second hand/shop soiled side and as Bob suggest contact Steve Carpenter (carpetmonster) he will see you alright!

Len

Derek

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2004, 11:18:11 pm »
Hey Len

You been on the meths again? ;)

Wrong Steve......

Steve Carpenter  trades as Fibreclean Ltd
tel: 0116 2922145
CFR machines and One-Step

Steve Heyward is Carpetmonsters
of Hruby Oscilating Pad machine fame

Of course they do look alike  :-X so I guess you are forgiven

You do realise I am not likely to survive that last comment  :-/ ;) ;D when they see it

Cheers
Derek

Pristine_Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2004, 11:32:22 pm »
Philip,

I have been using the Prochem Steampro Powermax for the past 3 weeks with the inline heater.

So far so Good,  I have done a number of carpets and upholstery with it and am very pleased. and so are my customers with the results.

Good Luck,

John

John Byrne
Pristine Cleaning

Philip

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2004, 11:34:11 pm »
Thanks for taking the time to comment gentlemen.

Thanks

Philip.

Len Gribble

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2004, 11:46:04 pm »
Thank Derek

I do get confused with names; even the wife (Sue) says who’s Jennifer? I don’t know any one called Jennifer; well you were talking about her last night!

Any way my sincere apologies if I have caused offence to any one by mixing names,  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ Philip still give Steve a call which Derek has gave a number for he may be able to help.

Derek both Steve’s are magnanimous.

Back on water Kevin has run out of beer why I don’t know!

Len

Kevin_Gare

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2004, 03:47:27 am »
Len

Have been down to Sainsbury's, the beer fridge is now fully stocked.  see you soon.

Kevin.
Kevin
South London Geezer/working City, south London, North Kent.

Ivar_Haglund

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2004, 03:58:56 am »
Recoil 3 by cross amerikan

hands down big time winner

Love it.

IVAR :o :o

mark_roberts

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2004, 01:27:08 pm »
If your serious about this business you'll need more than £2000 to start-up.

Buy a machine with as much vac 2x3 stage vacs or more, pressure 0-300psi, and heat inline as you can.  Anything less is useless.  Don't fall for the prochem branding game.

After marketing its your machine that makes you money.

thanks
Mark

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2004, 03:27:06 pm »
Sorry to disagree Mark.   "Anything else is useless" is just not true. It's the ability of the technician that creates a good clean, the machine is just a tool. Are you saying that me and many other colleagues on these Bulletin Boards are inadequate because we have less than 300psi? I'm sure you're not. I can understand fully what you're trying to say, but it appears to have come out wrong. High spec machines perform quicker.

My advice?  Buy as much power as you can, don't be affraid of second hand equipment as we tend to think of vacs and pumps as being consumables on portable machines. If buying secondhand, vet the owner, van, his attitude etc.etc. as well as the machine you're buying in order to see whether or not he was likely to have cared for it. Formal training is vital if you are to progress as a technician. And finally, marketing is essential. It's no good being the best CC in the world, with the highest spec. equipment if nobody buys your services.

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Neil Gott

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2004, 06:54:26 pm »
Ken's right. I could make a reasonable living with a George and a few accessories. Might be tedious, but not impossible.

That is more or less how I worked for the first 15 years or so.
Neil Gott     Southampton U.K.

www.neilgott.co.uk

ALEXDH

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2004, 07:25:18 pm »
I have had great success with a second hand ninja , make sure heater works and you have a good startup machine. you can easily upgrade if you find one but is not quite the spec you finally want.

Try to go for 2x3 stage vacs and at least 135 psi solution , if you only find at a good price say £500 with a lower spec then budget 350 to fuly upgrade it .

Good handtools are a must dont skimp and you find you will get a much more proffessional job from the outset.

Look at solutions products for your tank although i am happily working with 40 kg of ultimate master which can be used in most circumstances , i found the prochem spotting kit a good buy and gave me the ability to tackle most awkard stains from the outset , make sure you get some prochem firbe and fabris rinse great stuff.

Derek

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2004, 10:02:10 pm »
Len

My wife's name is Jenny (Jennifer) ...I shall be wanting to have a few words with you young man! >:(

Derek

mark_roberts

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2004, 10:12:26 pm »
Ken

Yes your right not useless but a lot lot less efficient.  I'm  thinking of the 70 psi models, 1x3 stage vac.  You have to start somewhere but a least do it right and think of the long term.  The machine is a tool but after marketing its the next thing to make you money.  Knowledge it important but on its own dosen't make you money.

Neil

Catch yourself on.  If a so called 'professional' cleaner came into my house with a george he'd be kicked straight back out.  might as well hire a rugdoctor.

Yes YOU could get a good result but how long and at what cost (labour), dry time, soil removal.  Its not a day to day professional machine.

thanks
Mark

Len Gribble

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2004, 12:04:26 am »
Derek

Wife on my case: I have now the full story from a friend today last years 24hour race took a week there and back infatuated with one of the team’s wife, nothing happened I may add sadly 10 blokes in a tent.

Len