vangaurd

mytee speedster
« on: September 13, 2006, 07:02:26 pm »
just had a qute from clean smart  for machine hand tool stair tool 2 25ft hoses price 2299 b4 vat anybody know any cheaper ?

Damian

Re: mytee speedster
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 08:01:10 pm »
Vanguard im not sure of anyone cheaper. My question is have you tried the speedster and is it any good? Is it as good as they say it is?

Regards

Damian.
Kids for the ex-missus. The fireblade is my baby!!

vangaurd

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 08:19:25 pm »
hvent tried it but steve gunn reckons its the biZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

mark_roberts

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 08:28:02 pm »
Steve Gunn is a good lad but DO NOT BUY A MACHINE only on someones elses opinion even mine 8)

Whats good for me may be rubbish for you.  And forget about price your making an investment so stop  counting pennies.

Mark

HQCS (John Kastrian)

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 10:21:43 pm »
Mark's advice is spot on,shop around first.
Although it does look a half decent machine.
is it the standard model or inc auto fill/dump-
John

david_m

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 10:23:35 pm »
hi there vanguard

woodbridge do this machine for £1690 + vat

my opion is the speedster is a very good machine  for the money
if i was buying another twin vac portabile thats the one i would be
going for

marks right try it for your self but keep acount of the pennys
remenber pennys make a pound

davy

stevegunn

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 07:33:54 am »
Pound for pound its a good machine remember vanguard has been using a extracta cx with 50psi pump so anything would be an improvement on that ;)

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 09:09:17 am »

It is being marketed very cleverly as a potential alternative to a small truckmount. I'd certainly be interested in hearing whether someone actually does this. Apart from a few hoses and perhaps a bit more vac than most I don't see how it differs from most other serious porties.

I think I read a post where someone has a Ninja in van (400psi/extra vac/ +steammate) and reckons far better than mytee.

carpetclean

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 09:40:42 am »
i have the speedster  though i have decided to sell it as i have a t/m cant be bothered with the set up anymore though i know i will regret it. in my opinion it is very good and does what it says.
the £1650 is i think without hoses and wand and of course plus the dreaded VAT .
good advice given by not taking anyones word for it so try it for yourself before buying and look at other options as though it suited me it may not suit you.
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

fibresafe

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 09:41:41 am »
Is there anyone on here who's actually used both the Speedster and the Ninja?

carpetclean

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 09:43:14 am »
me .
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

fibresafe

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 09:44:52 am »
And . . .

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 10:05:35 am »

But you didn't see it as a Truckmount Lite then?

carpetclean

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 10:13:23 am »
the speedster does the same job as the ninja much lighter and easier to move around
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 10:27:17 am »

What I meant was you used it as a portie never as a potential van based system which is how it's being marketed to me.

All I'm saying is if it's being used succesfully as a van based sytem then they are on to a real winner, if it's a clever marketing angle to differentiate it from other porties but it doesn't deliver then that's a bit noughty.   

carpetclean

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 10:43:12 am »
hi mike. no i never used it as  a t/m lite but cant see why it could not be used for that purpose though i dare say the limitations on the length of hose woud come in to play. i used 100ft with not problem so cant comment on anything further. but i dare say any portable with the psi and vac power has that potential. have a word with matt at cleansmart and ask him what is maximum working length of the hoses on the speedster as i am sure he has done some tests
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

Chris R

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 08:54:08 pm »
If you want to use a portable machine "truck mounted" then only one machine will do the job.

http://www.worldofclean.co.uk/index.php?categoryID=110

Three x 3 stage vacs.  300 psi pump.  Buy the seperate large water / waste tanks to carry water on your van.

Staffordshire

the red carpet

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 09:16:15 pm »
Ninja has all the above, plus heat and a extra 100psi.

But in my book its all to expensive, i looked into all this vanmount buisness.

And the ninja with all the extras come to around 4k, then you gotta get water tanks and a pump etc.

A Woodbridge starter t/m is around the 6k mark, and i would think it would out-perform them all, will last longer, will require less messing about and will look more impressive.

If you do mostly domestic, and can get a setup like this between 2-3k its prob worth it, but at 4k ::) id rather have the real thing.

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 09:37:26 pm »

Exactly red. I've got a standard ninja and quite fancy not having to spend my life setting up and packing away.

However I'm not convinced that it's a goer as extra vac and 400psi motor are big bucks. And you still have to run your power extensions. The Prowler is looking tempting expecially as I really don't want a full size van (some time off mind).

the red carpet

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 09:45:27 pm »
I thought the same, until i got my new van, now i wonder how i ever managed without it.

I used to have to drag half my kit out to get to something at the back in the old one (ford courier)

Now i have a mobile workshop ;D, i step into the van and pick out what i need at leisure (citreon relay)

You wont look back, big van big t/m are gonna cost me £400 a month. And if i cant do a extra 4 jobs a month at a easier pace then i must be doing something wrong.