jerry

merseyside
« on: April 23, 2004, 01:40:09 am »
anybody rug sucking  around tha wirral area if so you got more comp coming soon ....but im a nice guy ...and im willing to help anyone in a pinch

Mark Betts

Re: merseyside
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 09:02:14 pm »
And Hello to you too !!!   ;D
A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!

Phil Marlor

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 01:43:41 am »

So Jerry across the Mersey!!! ;)

Sorry mate couldnt help it!!!
Good luck to you.

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

CATMAN

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2004, 11:44:00 am »
Jerry,

I do some work onthe Wirral. Which is peppered with C/C's.  

If you are going to make a living from it invest in some good equipment. There are too many, bascically being busy fools. Take alook in the Globe, there's one chap who's cleaning a three bedder for £75! One chap is parading as a pro using a carpet cleaner from the "henry/george" range.

Confidence is the one thing you need, in abundace, don't  "um and arr "on the phone. Be pleasent and ashored and polite. With starting from new don't quote over the phone, visit the people, until you get regulars. Also when you visit you see them and what needs to be done. Not all carpets are the same, no two sofa's have the same amount of dirt, and you'll get the chance for add ons.

Don't align your prices with the cheapest, cleaning a sofa takes at least 4hrs, and it wants to be nearly dry before you leave. Leave it wet for three days, you'll never work in that house again. Believe me I done one woman's who last had her sofa cleaned 10 years ago, she hasn't forgotton who done it, and thought all carpet cleaners were like that.

As for advertising, I find the Y/P  is a complete waste and don't let their sales tell you any different.

There are approxiamatly 350,000 people who live on the Wirral, but you only want a small percentage. Not the super rich-their super mean, not the council estates ( no offence to anyone, I grew up on one, but single mothers on benifit don't want your services). You want the people who want quality and will pay for it.

Regards
Catman

Jim_Lynch

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2004, 11:47:33 am »
"Cleaning a sofa takes at least 4 hours"

Are you serious? ???

Jim
Jim Lynch
ChemDry Supreme
Brisbane,Queensland
AUSTRALIA

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2004, 03:58:42 pm »
Does'nt Billy Turton work in that area? and I hear he blows the kneecaps off any one who tries to muscle in on his area :o :o :o

Jerry have you thought of window cleaning? much safer

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

jerry

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2004, 01:57:11 am »
thanks for the words of wisdom catman, tell this billy guy to suck on his hose...hehehehe...im looking forward to getting started ,restoration is my first love after that carpet cleaning and home repairs ( bloody changing rooms)as i have all my own tools from air scrubber to tm and enough power tools to stock a b&q i know there 110, but i have my way around that and a 3400psi gas power pressure cleaner
im sure i,ll not be sitting watching corry st for to long...

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2004, 10:17:19 pm »
Jerry

Are you from the other side of the pond; if so what I think you need coming over here is a shrink not the equipment that you listed, any way good luck in you new venture.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)