jc_services

carpet stains tea dog wee
« on: April 13, 2004, 07:31:56 pm »
does anybody have any good ideas about what is the best way to deal with tea dog wee stains and removing dog hairs. i would be grate full for all any ideas.

nordan

Re: carpet stains tea dog wee
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 08:00:19 pm »
hi tea is just use a browning sulution but it can be hard if the stain is old   leave along dwell time. dog wee is all most inpossable it containes amonia which bleaches the carpet when you work on the stain you may find it will turn lighter its called blarching i beleave

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 09:28:41 pm »
HI Guys
Dog Hairs simply mist the carpet with water bery fine then use a pile brush or a window squeegy on a pole and rake the carpet and the dog hairs will roll into a strip and you can lift them off easily.

Best regards Nick

The Great One

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 04:05:13 pm »
Hi

Just done a carpet (white!) covered in dog urine.

I qualified with the customer before hand that they were probably permanant... they were, not a prayer of getting them out, the acid in the urine seems to react with the carpet and it goes a light brown colour and there it will stay. You could try an oxy product but whatever you do make sure you qualify with the customer 1st, in writing if need be.

Good luck

Regards

Martin 8)

Dynafoam

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 01:36:43 am »
Martin,

Just for the record and to dispell a common misconception:

Most of the uric acid found in blood is converted to urea within the liver.

Mamalian urine, when first expelled from the body may be mildly acidic but bacterial decomposition takes nitrogen from the atmosphere and forms ammonia (alkaline) which quickly evaporates, leaving a highly alkaline residue of anhydrous uric salts.

The ammonia has some bleaching action but it is the scorching effect of the alkaline salts that does the major damage.

John.

Dave Parry

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 02:12:20 am »
John, Where on earth do you get/keep all these pearls of wisdom? I have difficulty remembering which end to connect the wand to!
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

The Great One

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2004, 02:13:49 pm »
Wether it is acid, alkaline, dye, salts, bleach, reaction, there is a wednesday in the week, or jesus lives! the fact remains that urine does damage the carpet as in most cases will be permanant.

phew!

Martin 8)

Dynafoam

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2004, 09:28:56 pm »
Dave,

You use a wand  ??? I thought you squeezed water from a washing-up liquid bottle and scrubbed it in  ;D

BTW from your picture you seem to have lost a little weight lately  ;D

Regards,

John.

Dave Parry

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2004, 01:27:34 am »
Yes John I do use a wand. I use it to scrub the washing_up Liquid in and then use a wand with a sqeegee attached to squeeze the water out. I reccon the quicker it resoils the sooner they will have me back to clean it.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

Dynafoam

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2004, 01:30:22 am »
Dave,

:D :D Proactive marketing - Great stuff  ;D ;D

John.