dave washbrook

hello everyone
« on: March 31, 2004, 11:50:51 pm »
hi everyone
 just signed on to clean it up for the first time and i am in the middle of starting uo a new business i intend to call myself CLEANER CARPETS. ( hope i'm not offending anyone) i am based in Barmouth north wales. does anyone have any tips for me ? all advice will be greatfully received .  Many thanks

dave

Dynafoam

Re: hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 12:02:37 am »
Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum and the industry.

I am sure that many here will be willing to offer help and advice if you request is more specific.

For such a general query I would offer just two tips;

1) Read through the past posts, as many others starting in business have asked questions and received advice which will apply equally to yourself.

2) MOVE - it gets realy cold where you live  ;D

John.

dave washbrook

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 12:08:27 am »
thanks for your quick reply john yes it does get cold but it is great to live by the sea in the summer.  I am starting to read through the past forums and finding them very interesting. Are there any fotrh coming events or shows in the near future . i am buying a truck mount do you think it is the best way to go?

thanks

dave

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 12:27:09 am »
In a word if you can afford a Truck mount, yes.

John_Flynn

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 12:35:32 am »
But and a BIG BUT, get your marketing right before you invest your hard earned or borrowed cash.
I get better looking each day!!

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 12:40:33 am »
Follow John’s advise

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Derek

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2004, 11:16:07 pm »
Dave

My advice, for what its worth, is to book yourself on to the next NCCA (National Carpet Cleaners Association) two day training course.

Contact the NCCA on Tel: 0116 2719550

Best wishes
Derek

dave washbrook

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2004, 05:04:38 pm »
thanks dereck
i have applied to go on the ncca course in may also i am going on prochem's 2 day carpet  cleaning and their 1 day upholstery cleaning and 1 day sales course.  Hopefully these will be enough to get me going i would appreciate your thoughts or advice if you know of any other course which you might think would benifit me.  As said before i am setting up with a hydramaster boxxer t/m what do you think?
 cheres
dave  cleaner carpets