adl

Mould on suite
« on: March 31, 2004, 10:09:24 pm »
i have a suite that a customer has put in storage for the last 6 months in a garage. Unfortunatley it is now mouldy, black and stained i cannot get it out anybody got any ideas ( i expect it is probebly beyond repair but i do like to help my customers if i can
Thanks Dave

Len Gribble

Re: Mould on suite
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 10:27:45 pm »
Dave

I would tread on the side of caution with this one, if it’s as bad as you say you may have mould within the carcase framework walk away.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

John_Flynn

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 10:34:16 pm »
Hi Dave

As Len says, but I put it this way, the problem is the customers DO Not let it become yours, walk away.
I get better looking each day!!

adl

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 10:21:05 am »
luckily (for the customer that is) its only on the cushions she has been told that there is nothing i can do, but i just thought id ask, see if any of the ol-timers ;D ;D had any old witches spells and secrets ;D ;D ;D thanks anyway for your help
Dave

Dynafoam

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 10:48:09 pm »
Dave,

The problem with black mould is that it grows within the fabric - with natural fibres, within the fibre strands themselves.

The most effective treatment I have found is Ultrapac Renovate BUT results are most often dissapointing.

I have also had some sucess with peroxide bleaching boosted with ammonia as a final treatment but this is likely to cause undesired colour loss and posible fibre weakening.

Best left alone.

John.

adl

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 12:54:56 am »
Yeah i did my best for her (as shes only 22) i took her for a drink instead as she looked unhappy!

Dynafoam

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2004, 02:59:41 am »
                   ;D  You're a saint, Dave  ;) ;)

John.