Re: who has got a web site
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2004, 07:55:15 pm »
I think you are right but with all the members that do have a site they will not think so!

We had one but thought it was a waste of money.

This is my reason1. too many hit from the usa
2 too many other carpet cleaners look at it
3.the only one that made out of it was the designer..

£1500 +vat

The web is only good if you have products to sell..

And thats a fact........or so they say....

Big up the hoops told you so over by easter....

Barry

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2004, 08:15:41 pm »
I have had my website for 4 years and it cost £70 a quarter (AltoHiway). That has paid for all design and set up and now i have WebPro so that i can log onto site and make my own adjustments to text and pic etc. It has been a useful tool for link from Yell.com, ThomsonLocal.com, Upmystreet.com and Redhotchilli.co.uk. Many people look on the site without risk of phoning and being TALKED into survey/estimate/job. They can contact direct with queries and i have been told that i was used because of the impression given by the site.......they have a general idea of what you are about before you arrive at the house.

squeaky

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2004, 08:50:23 pm »
I have had a web site for a few years ( its under reconstruction as I have just left yell.com to go with another hosting company ) As I always ask my customers where they have got my number/details I do tend to know whether or not they have looked at my website.
I have tended to get work from it but mainly commercial,
i.e. pubs,clubs,restaurants,offices and shops etc.
But overall it has easily paid for itself and I would not want to be without it for long.

Mark
Part time (mornings) window cleaning/ suites and rugs in sunny Spain and loving it.

ALEXDH

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2004, 11:34:56 pm »
Hello all just got back from china still picking chickens feets and snails out of me teeth. :o :o

One and one internet do a fair package called website creator , I did mine on it took me about 2 hours start to finish robbed mostly american sites for subject matter (shameful i know)

I does most of the work for you. you can pick layouts etc. please dont pick the one with the plump german CC on it as thats the one i have.

I have had no work from it , but it does  look nice to have one on the bottom of my flyer.

Around my area many youngish 25 - 35 year old homeowners so wouldn't be surprised if some do look at it.

As long as your site does not look complete panties , it cant hurt to have your name in as many places as possible.

Avoid coloured or italic text if diy we all know it looks poo but sometimes can't resist.

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2004, 02:23:57 pm »
I used to have a website, and I know that times are changing very rapidly so I may be out of date. But my experiences were exactly the same as Alex's. It would seem my website did very little to attract cold enquiries, but was an excellent source of information for my existing customers and for people who'd seen my advert elsewhere and wanted to find out more about my business.

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2004, 11:51:39 pm »
I was thinking if I get one it would be

a. professional
b.a good leaflet which could be updated quickly
c.potential to sell other things

Shaun

MarkC

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2004, 06:18:29 am »
"If you build it, they will come."
Not true! Don't expect a carpet cleaning website to bring in a bunch of new customers.  Your website must be optimized for the search engines and submitted for indexing just in hope of getting listed. Even still, dont expect a rush of new clients. We've been online for years ( as time passes we do get more and more. )

Use it as a tool and your website can serve you well.

Use it to increase the response / effectiveness of your other advertising campaigns
Advertising space; whether it's a newspaper ad, coupon book, or radio spot, etc., can be expensive. Adding to the burden are the hours spent trying to figure out the perfect set of words to say everything you want within the limited time or space of your ad. A web site is an unlimited number of full-page ads!

By advertising your web site in addition to your services, you give potential customers the opportunity to learn far more about your company than you can ever place in an ad.

When you place a print advertisement it's likely the only people to respond are those who have definite interest in securing your services.

But how many other potential customers might be swayed if they could learn a little more about you, your company, your services, etc.?

Anybody with a business, of any kind, has something to sell online. It may not be obvious, but you have to sell yourself and your business, not just your product or service. Doing it online is one of the most cost-effective and beneficial ways to sell yourself.
Like a fax machine or telephone: a web site is a necessary tool for your business.

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2004, 12:59:48 pm »
Kevin Costner, Burt Lancaster...... What a great film Mark. When the child fell and The Doc walked out, it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand out.

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken

PS Just the ramblings of a contented old man ;)
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

mickeyfat

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2004, 04:25:20 pm »
I HAVE A WEB SITE!