Robin Ray

Re: Magma Heater
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2016, 08:38:01 pm »
Umm... yes she said in the second video that the scouring process requires at least 160 degree F so that's 70 C.

That means using 70 C at the wand should  not cause any probs at all on wool... which is a good job because i've been doing it for years.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2016, 08:43:37 pm »
And this is a total submersion in a bath for a prolonged time,  unlike a wand that sprays a jet of water which rapidly cools as it touches the carpet
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Robin Ray

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2016, 09:29:15 pm »
And this is a total submersion in a bath for a prolonged time,  unlike a wand that sprays a jet of water which rapidly cools as it touches the carpet

Not disagreeing with you.. but where did the whole heat and wool thing come from in training.

sean oregan

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2016, 10:27:57 pm »
Truck mounts I would imagine.
70 even 80 your not going to have a problem.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2016, 10:44:30 pm »
I think there will be circumstances where high heat could cause damage to carpet fibres ( not just wool fibres) I think most training courses will always air on the side of caution,   best to be safe and recommend low heat  than risk possible damage.

Plus there is the  motive for recommending low heat put by machine manufactures who know they cannot offer high heat so will scaremainer about damage to fibres to bolster their position of not offering it.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk