Poll

How many enquiriers do you get a week on average?

0-2
41.3%
26 (41.3%)
2-5
23.8%
15 (23.8%)
5-10
19%
12 (19%)
10-15
3.2%
2 (3.2%)
15-20
4.8%
3 (4.8%)
20-25
3.2%
2 (3.2%)
25-30
1.6%
1 (1.6%)
more
3.2%
2 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Robin Ray

Website enquiries per week
« on: January 29, 2015, 09:56:21 pm »
My website is rubbish so I am having a new one built and optimized. Which has made me think how many enquiries should a well optimized website bring in? As hardly anyone can see mine it doesn't bring in much but it would be nice to know what i should expect.

Thanks

Rob

Brendan (chem2clean)

Re: Website enquiries per week
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 10:14:53 pm »
Hi Robin,hard question to answer,time of year etc.I get twice as many calls from my g+ listing than my organic website.Are you keeping the domain from your old site?

Robin Ray

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 10:18:57 pm »
Yes I will keep the domain.

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 10:20:06 pm »
Do you have a g+,how you rank in your area.

Robin Ray

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 11:23:46 pm »
Not sure what my g+ ranking is really, I will look into that. I need to do more social media.... even though I'm not really keen on all that sort of stuff.

That's good going Lewis, If I can get that kind of response relatively often I will be happy.

Ps: hows your lad now?

derek west

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 07:42:20 am »
social media can be done automatically with the right plug in.

Robin Ray

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 08:00:42 am »
That's interesting Derek, what plug in is that?

derek west

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 08:48:34 am »
There are a few, just blog on your website and set up your plug in to automatically ping your blog onto all your social media sites. it helps with seo juice. i'll have a look later to see what mines called,

Robin Ray

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 11:31:19 am »
Cheers, sounds good.

Lewis Newby

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 01:37:00 pm »
Hi Robin, hes back to his usual pain in the harris usual self again lol thanks for asking.

currently its my main form of advertising, anything over 200/week booked in il be happy with. Keeps us ticking over nicely

derek west

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 04:49:28 pm »
NextScripts: Social Networks Auto-Poster
Settings | Deactivate | Edit
This plugin automatically publishes posts from your blog to multiple accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ profiles and/or pages.

Version 3.4.8 | By Next Scripts | View details
There is a new version of NextScripts: Social Networks Auto-Poster available. View version 3.4.9 details or update now.

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 05:05:46 pm »
Hi Derek,will this plugin work on wordpress sites?

garry22

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 05:48:31 pm »
That is a WP plugin so it will go stright in.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2015, 08:54:44 am »
But is anyone interested in your regular, automatic updates On your social media ?

Who the heck is so interested in our business so they want to read regular updates, the only  time people are interested in us is when they need us.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

garry22

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2015, 09:25:30 am »
It's more about getting social signals to point to your site to help ranking (and maybe attract a few visitors).

derek west

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2015, 12:14:18 pm »
But is anyone interested in your regular, automatic updates On your social media ?

Who the heck is so interested in our business so they want to read regular updates, the only  time people are interested in us is when they need us.

Absolutely no one Mike, its all about the juice, its just an easy way to create social signals back to your site.

Robin Ray

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2015, 01:15:51 pm »
For those getting 0-2  is this an optimized website on the first page of Google in the areas you want to be prominent?
or are they self built sites which are lower down the rankings?

garry22

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2015, 05:45:37 pm »
Robin, I'm a bit confused as to what you mean by optimised site.

This idea that someone comes along and does a few magical tweaks behind the scenes ("at the back of your site" is a good one) is a bit of an urban myth.

There was a time when you could "optimise" the hell out of a site by putting the keywords in the titles, H1s, H2s, images, backgrounds etc and that would be enough to rank. Nowadays, that approach would be deemed over optimisation and would attract a penalty.

The easiest way to rank is go and live somewhere with little or no competition. Many carpet cleaning sites rank, not because they are good (many are in partial penalty) but because there is virtually no competition.

A site is going to rank due to the type and quality of backlinks (traditional or social types) and most importantly, the user experience (everything from load speed to SERPs click through rate and visitor dwell time (time spent on site).

What you have got in your favour (and in my opinion, it's great) is a longstanding brand name (robinray). Branded incoming links work really well nowadays, particularly when people are searching for that name.

Don't sweat this optimisation thing too much.

neil 47

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2015, 07:37:02 pm »
there is no point anyone telling you what you should do as most cc dont have a clue and the time spent doing it right is prohibitive as it takes  somtimes 100s of hours so can get into the thousands.

I do think if you have time and a determination you can rank any site  up to no 1 .

I have one at no 26 this has taken 3 months doing a few hours here and there , this way it looks more natural to google when i get to no  2 0r 3 ill let u know
IICRC

Robin Ray

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2015, 08:34:03 pm »
When I say optimized i mean showing high enough on Google to be actually recognized. I understand this takes time and is also an ongoing process. That's the reason I'm out sourcing part or this as my brain hasn't got enough space for this and all the other things in life that I can do well myself. In terms of marketing I feel my times better spent sticking some flyers out or writing a letter than scratching my head trying to work out the technicalities of web design.