SteveAllan

Re: other lucrative add ons
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 06:36:41 pm »
Couldnt agree more wynne. We did it the other way round, started ovens then added carpets, now dropped ovens, crap job. I cant imagine doing one without a dip tank though, you need to be done in an hour and away.
Carpets, Hard Floors, Gutter Cleans for us now.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2013, 07:28:51 pm »
Hi Steve

Just out of interest mate. How much do you charge for gutter cleaning?

Thanks
Tony

SteveAllan

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2013, 08:03:15 pm »
£2.50 a metre, normally charge from £50 for the average house.

garyfindlay

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2013, 08:16:09 pm »
Gigalo would be a lucrative add on. In and out in jig time, and you could clean the curtains as another add on  ;D

Craigp

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2013, 08:38:28 pm »
There is a third way, get higher prices for the carpets you do - do.

Steven Butler

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2013, 09:21:17 pm »
Although I don't clean ovens at present I do intend too very soon. Now although I agree it's clearly not a nice job, it earns money and that's what we are all trying to do isn't it. Personally I think if its adding to your turnover you should look past the actual job you are doing no matter how crap.

Hilton

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2013, 10:49:54 pm »
Don't agree,

Only if its adding to your profit.....

wynne jones

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2013, 10:59:00 pm »
Although I don't clean ovens at present I do intend too very soon. Now although I agree it's clearly not a nice job, it earns money and that's what we are all trying to do isn't it. Personally I think if its adding to your turnover you should look past the actual job you are doing no matter how crap.

I can see you thinking and sometimes you have to do things you would prefer not to do. Maybe those who have done it might want to put me right, but I'm wondering whether the presumption that offering your existing customers oven cleaning is a better option because you have exhausted all possible options to clean more carpet, more frequently at a higher price.

Also someone is going to be very willing to sell you an oven cleaning package or pressure washer and tell you it's a nice little earner but you still have to go out and sell it. Who says that's going to be any easier than getting more carpet to clean?
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Allan Simmons

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2013, 08:30:50 am »
The most lucrative add ons are cleaning more carpet, protector and setting up the maintenance of the carpet. Which would you prefer protecting a carpet or cleaning an oven?

Very true.

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2013, 08:43:36 am »
Bathroom-shower, bath and tiles deep cleaning - good profit there, more restoration as I call it. pretty easy work- replace seals, sealants, grout whitening, polish taps and fittings. Average bathroom £140.00 aprox 3.5hrs also deep cleaning of saunas, sports hall shower blocks for gym's, sports and golf clubs always repeat work as bonus. Easy to sell up at custies house. ;) ;) :D

William

jim mca

« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2013, 07:53:55 pm »
William

What equipment and chemicals do you use for the bathrooms

Jim

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2013, 06:37:29 am »
Hi Jim, send me an email and I will respond with the how's & whats of it all -  regsharpe@live.co.uk

Cheers-
william

Craigp

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2013, 01:47:32 pm »
I wonder if whats happened in carpet cleaning will happen in oven cleaning with cheap jacks. Will we start seeing "£15 for an oven clean" or is it unique to carpet cleaning?

SteveAllan

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2013, 02:01:20 pm »
Happened already, idiots my way with there bucket and scourer doing them for £20, same as carpet cleaning though you get what you pay for.

wynne jones

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2013, 02:52:19 pm »
Read something yesterday (although it was in the Daily Mail) a guy begging outside a London bank was making £300 a day and lived in a £300k flat in London. His equipment was a tin mug and his work clothes never need washing or replacing.

An established carpet cleaner may well turnover that but after costs and tax you are better off being a tramp!  :'(
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

jim mca

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2013, 03:10:58 pm »
Read the posts in the general section on here and CT ovens will be at £25 soon they don't want to buy dip tanks or vans and as soon as they find a job there off having knackered up the business.

bennymon

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2013, 06:46:09 pm »
Was doing a carpet job today they never got us in for the ovens but the guy doing it never had a van or a dip tank . he was using plastic box on the sink side as his dip tank .

*Hector*

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2013, 06:52:31 pm »
With hypnosis being my add on.... Not too much competition knocking about (although more than you would think)..

once in the door I hypnotize them into having very expensive extra rooms done, and then to recommend me to all their friends..  :o :o

never seem to run out of work  ;D ;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

derek west

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2013, 07:53:02 pm »
With hypnosis being my add on.... Not too much competition knocking about (although more than you would think)..

once in the door I hypnotize them into having very expensive extra rooms done, and then to recommend me to all their friends..  :o :o

never seem to run out of work  ;D ;D ;D

so did your oposition work for groupon?  ;D

*Hector*

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2013, 08:57:48 pm »
Bogg off Mr West  :P :P

;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(