Simon Gerrard

Re: Why Not A Truck Mount?
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2013, 07:21:05 pm »
If you can't afford 3k then a TM is not the answer. What mystifies me is someone will spend not much less for a brand new porty with relatively poor suck, heat and flow rate. A truck mount can almost double your speed, is easier on your body and more reliable!
The difference between a TM and porty is even an entry level TM can do £100k per year and you'd seriously struggle to that with your  communal garden twin vac porty, so I suppose it is about is about ambition too.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2013, 07:37:48 pm »
If you can't afford 3k then a TM is not the answer. What mystifies me is someone will spend not much less for a brand new porty with relatively poor suck, heat and flow rate. A truck mount can almost double your speed, is easier on your body and more reliable!
The difference between a TM and porty is even an entry level TM can do £100k per year and you'd seriously struggle to that with your  communal garden twin vac porty, so I suppose it is about is about ambition too.

really? ok then

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2013, 07:39:34 pm »

You cant compare a brand new high preformance porty with an old second hand TM (with hours on the clock) when it comes to price.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2013, 07:47:14 pm »
Yes you can. While you're filling your shiny new porty with water the tm's halfway through the same job. ;D

wynne jones

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2013, 07:49:17 pm »

You cant compare a brand new high preformance porty with an old second hand TM (with hours on the clock) when it comes to price.

That Blazer would poo all over any new portable. Ask any porty supplier if they want to go head to head at the TACCA day. I know the answer you will get.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

AshWhite

« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2013, 07:51:15 pm »
Would you prefer a 10 year old Carrera, or a new Kia?
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2013, 07:55:09 pm »
I've got a Maxx 450 with 7,000 hours on the clock and it would still out perform any porty and out earn it ten fold. ;)

Neil Jones

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2013, 08:01:10 pm »
I'll give you £1000 for your TM you can keep the van. Will it fit on the roof rack of my Corsa?

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2013, 08:01:14 pm »
Yes you can. While you're filling your shiny new porty with water the tm's halfway through the same job. ;D

I'll just nod politely and smile :)

hint, taps run themselfs  :-X

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2013, 08:04:03 pm »
out preform maybe, I dont care about that.  If the client is happy so am I.

Out earn? Well everyone runs thier business differnetly some better than others.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2013, 08:05:18 pm »
Yes but buckets don't walk themselves endlessly toward your machines, oh and back agin with the dirty water. Truck mount is well ahead now.... Have you started yet? ;D

maxcampbell

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2013, 08:08:18 pm »
If it out performs then it can out earn - it's just about getting the jobs on - or spending more time at leisure.

Let's hear from someone who's gone from a TM to a porty & is happy with it.

wynne jones

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2013, 08:09:13 pm »

Exactly. You are paying for new not performance. And the Kai will depreciate like a stone. Sure the Carreras drinks petrol and although it rarely goes wrong parts can be pricey. Unfortunately a Carrera does not earn money unlike a TM, which is where the analogy falls down.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2013, 08:10:01 pm »
Simon, bring the machine closer to the water source. It doesn't take long to empty a hwe machine. How to run an efficient business 101 Volume1 :)

Simon, give up now i'll talk your ears off.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2013, 08:11:07 pm »
Simon, bring the machine closer to the water source. It doesn't take long to empty a hwe machine. How to run an efficient business 101 Volume1 :)

Simon, give up now i'll talk your ears off.

What?  ???  ;D

maxcampbell

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2013, 08:12:19 pm »
Yes but buckets don't walk themselves endlessly toward your machines, oh and back agin with the dirty water. Truck mount is well ahead now.... Have you started yet? ;D

In 16 years using porties we never used bucket to fill or empty. Hose & apo. Water temp, vac power & pro image all trump all porties

wynne jones

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2013, 08:12:24 pm »
If it out performs then it can out earn - it's just about getting the jobs on - or spending more time at leisure.

Let's hear from someone who's gone from a TM to a porty & is happy with it.

You mean excuses.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2013, 08:15:09 pm »
I went from a TM back to a porty - to do a job in a posh college and then went straight back to my Titan and kissed it  ;D

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2013, 08:15:25 pm »

Exactly. You are paying for new not performance. And the Kai will depreciate like a stone. Sure the Carreras drinks petrol and although it rarely goes wrong parts can be pricey. Unfortunately a Carrera does not earn money unlike a TM, which is where the analogy falls down.

A TM will also depreciate in value no? as soon as its driven away from the suppliar.

I bought my airlfex pro 3 and half years ago. £2500 i think i paid. Sold it before xmas for just over £1000.

With a shiny new machine you get a warrent, tech support, a NEW MACHINE :)

wynne jones

« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2013, 08:20:19 pm »
A new Titan you probably lose 10k, but Simons blazer no depreciation but you will replace parts. Engine is probably 1k pump 500, but they go on and on. How long does a vac motor last? THe key though is to focus on increased revenues. Commercial work, faster work rate.