Rousey

Gary.."In the real world"
« on: February 11, 2006, 07:52:59 pm »
I see that you can dish it out but can't take a bit of critisism. It's Ok for you to belittle others but we can't you!!! You can carry on living in the real world (splash and dash)and I and the rest (who get aaaaalllllot of money) will live in the business world and get what the market dictates for cleaning expensive carpets. 

Save your BLAH,BLAH buttons for the splash and dash brigade as the market is big enough for all of us!

Good to banter with you

Mark.

cleaning co

Re: Gary.."In the real world"
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 08:22:48 pm »
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH 95% OF CLEANERS ON HERE CHARGE  ABOUT SAME AS ME SO ARE U CALLING US ALL SPLASH N DASH?   JUST BECAUSE WE CHARGE A  REAL WORLD PRICE DOSNT MEAN ITS SPASH N DASH AND I DIDNT BELITTLE ANYONE SPEC U AS I WASNT EVEN TALKING TO U !!! SO DONT FLATER U SELF MATE !! I WAS SAYING THAT FOR ME I DONT BELIVE WHAT THEY ARE SAYING THEY CHARGE
YOURS BLAH BLAH BLAH BUTTON GEZZER  ;D

Liahona

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 08:32:53 pm »
then you were belittleing me, which is fine. however rousey is right in what he has said, you give it but cant take it, by the way i have had several responses as to my pricing and it would appear there are many who also charge a pound a foot, maybe you should try it and then not be so bitter to those of us who charge what we do. and also by the way i have made no referrences to any splash and dash as you call it, my comments have always been that on the whole we as carpet cleaners dont charge enough for what we do. Maybe if you could understand what is being written we wouldnt be having these conversations..... he who charges 50p a foot i am sure does an excellent job and is worth all of the 50p I charge a pound a foot and also do an excellent job and worth all of the pound...... Arent you worth a pound a foot??????

cleaning co

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 08:43:36 pm »
DOH !! READ THE POST PROP LIA MARK R MADE THE REF TO SPLASH N DASH, BITTER !! U FOOL  Y DO U THINK IAM BITTER LMFCO SORRY MAYBE FOR THE PUNTERS U RIPP OFF  IF U ARE CHARGING THEM THEM OUT OF THIS WORLD STUPID PRICES BUT BITTER ? NAH I SLEEP WELL AT NIGHT  ;D

Rousey

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 08:45:05 pm »
Sorry Gary, I didn't realise that there was a set standard rate for cleaning carpets. We will have to get in touch with everyone who offers a service and make sure we all charge the same price,OOOHHH, that goes the same for Painters, Plumbers, Plasterers, Window Cleaners, Mechanics, Gardners, I could go ON and ON. No Gary you need to get out of your van, and get in the real,real world.

I presume you like football...Why does Henry get £100,000 per week and Joey Barton £27,000 per week. They are both good footballers and do the same thing!!! But one gets more than the other. So Liahona and I are Henry and you Barton!!

Think about it MATE.

Rousey (Henry)

cleaning co

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 08:50:32 pm »
LOL U ARE A FOOL, AN I CANT EVEN BOTHERD TO ANSWER THAT STUPID STATMENT, LMFCO ::) SO END IT NOW OK  ::)

Rousey

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 08:59:28 pm »
AHH, that's because WE are RIGHT. Just admit that there are different services that can be offered and people with real money who spend £100+ per sq yard EXPECT to pay top money for a top service, just like AUDI, MERCEDES, PORCHE owners wont take there car down the the 'little' garage who charges £70 for a service, but to the makers garage and pay over £200 for the same service!!

Mark.

craigp

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 09:07:15 pm »
you talk crap, lets say you got a chippy round your house to hang some doors, he says to you, thats £400 a day rate, you say rip off!!!!!!!

and your more quilified are you   ?   !!!!!!

ps. a chippy would not expect to get a way with it, and would not charge it as he would know himself its a rip off!!!!!!

Rousey

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2006, 09:23:53 pm »
Another narrow minded carpet cleaner!!

It all depends on the door you are hanging!! Remember not all doors are the same. Same as carpets. I have been to houses with Solid oak doors the same size of 3 to 4 normal doors, I can see a chippy hanging that for £40!!!!!

My best mate is a chippy (actually he is a fully qualified cabinet maker, which is the cream of chippys and he is not cheap, because his work is second to none.) But again people with money and EXPENSIVE items (which is the whole point) want excellent work and service and pay for it.

Hey it's no skin off our noses if you don't believe that we charge more money because we offer a great service (including aftercare) which our clients want and strive for!!!

Rousey

Liahona

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2006, 09:37:15 pm »
Gary, earlier I apologised for maybe suggesting you were a moron. However I recind. My apologies to the monitors of this, but we refer to carpet cleaning as carpet cleaning, therfore a moron must be called accordingly a moron. You really dont get it do you????You charge your customers as a percentage many times more than I do or is that too difficult to grasp, sadly I think it is......so who is ripping off who? having said that I am not ripping anyone off with what I charge and i hopefully pressume correctly you arent either, ever thought that we at a pound a foot might do more for the customer........... you have my e-mail I am happy to go through how you can charge more for what you do. I hope I am wrong but I dont think I will get the e-mail. Best, Dave.

craigp

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2006, 09:38:45 pm »
i dont have anything to fear from rouge traders, i dont mind if theres cameras hiden,

your just have to hope they see it your way, "well he did do a good job for £300"

or will it be "hes overcharged! "

Rousey

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2006, 10:10:16 pm »
AAHHH again, you see it only one way. ALL my customers get personal service before, during and after I clean there carpets.

I presume Liahona is the same as me, I certanley dont go to a house,clean and charge £300 never to be seen again. I offer much more than that. That's what the clients expect and want. I have had clients tell me that I was the most expensive, but best value to the service I offer, because of all the  customer services I offer them, so they choose me.

A secret hidden camera show would show how ethical and honest I am and that I am there for the client long term, not go in rob them never to be seen again.!!

Mark.

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2006, 10:11:11 pm »
When i started cleaning carpets in 2002, i had an Extracta course under my belt, and learn'd a lot by i suppose trial and error. After 3 months i did all the prochem courses which were paid for me as i had been made redundant. From this point onwards i wanted to do a profesional job. I suppose i could have at that time been described as a splash and dash cleaner, but wanted to be classed as a professional.

I have never shrunk a carpet or damaged a suite, and have strived to be a professional. I always thought i charged fairly, but looking back i always under charged. After spending £24k on a tm it is now my aim to get the prices up as i think the customer is getting good service from me, and at some point i am going to join the ncca to give my customers piece of mind. As i said in another topic, i have always dried upholstery, while others did'nt but charged the same.

Could i ask how many of you carpet cleaners feel this is worthwhle or do not want to be policed by them. .

I believe that to expand or renew equipment on a regular basis then you need the right customers. I have serviced the cheaper end customers who won't pay high prices and the higher end. I know what i prefer.

Another thing i have learned is that the less you charge, the more jobs you need to get the sort of money you wan't to make. All i want is 3 jobs a day x 5 days = 15 jobs a week @ £65 each. not back breaking work. If commercial jobs come in then great, do on the weekend.

Dave

Rousey

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2006, 10:20:57 pm »
Dave I can put in touch with a guy who will show you how to do 1 job a day for £300+ and work 4 days a week.

In the last 2 weeks, actually 8 working days, I have earned just under £2000 and next week I have 2 jobs for £505. I am slowing things down because I go on Holiday in 10 days and I have another business to sort out aswell.

It's all about cleaning top end carpets who pay a top price!

Mark.

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2006, 10:34:18 pm »
 The most so far in 1 day for 8 hrs work was £305. 2 rental properties 4 bed + 3 bed. We have for 3 years serviced the lower end of my area with portable equipment, but realise that people want quality work.

Hand on heart, i have never ruined a carpet or suite. I no longer feel guilty about targeting the money people. As you say they are paying in with the price for your good equipment, your knowledge gained through taining courses and popssibly ncca membership.

We are now going to work exclusively in our next biggest city where there are many more money areas. Mark, are you a ncca member? What do you think of this? This is going to be my  next move now. To give my customer ever more piece of mind.

Dave

therapist

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2006, 10:43:28 pm »
Spot on

There is no reason why you cannot service higher value accounts with portable machines, assuming they are powerful enough to allow working from some distance
and you follow the correct principles and use quality products

r m

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2006, 10:47:54 pm »
No, that is true. If it was'nt true then some franchises would all be using tm,s instead of portables.

I think however, when the customer sees the equipment, they are suitably impressed. I have had many compliments to this effect that with the money we spent, they don't mind paying.

Dave

Neil Grainger

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2006, 10:49:06 pm »
I live a part of the country in hampshire/surrey borders where the average house price is higher than anywhere in the country.

Please explain to me how I can get high end prices where the clients are all wealthy and dont want to part with their money.

Most of my work comes from the  rich3/4/5 bedroom house owners that are not free with their cash but still want the best service for their money which i offer.

When quoting for the rich of Ascot / Virignia Water they are even more determined to get the jobs at the best possible price.

Whats the secret as I know that I present my business well when quoting and have a good quote to job ratio.

All help wanted.

John_Flynn

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2006, 10:49:55 pm »
Hey Gary, what you done, you sounded a good decent bloke when I spoke with you last night??

But as we agreed................................ !!!
I get better looking each day!!

John_Flynn

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2006, 10:51:33 pm »
Hi Neil

Do you know why these peolpe are RICH ???
I get better looking each day!!