Elfyn

Re: Hows trade
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2012, 01:41:22 pm »
Mark, your absolutely right. Most of the problem is gloom and doom.
I have a friend who says - the BBC have got us into a right mess.
In my oppinion, the things that greedy men in suits get up to has very little to do with the economy, it's just the gloom factor that comes with it.

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2012, 07:29:32 pm »
Don't measure 'busy-ness' on a day by day or week by week basis, at the very least it should be on a rolling 4 week period if not longer.
I've been through numerous 'quiet' periods this year but these have been cancelled out by a few well priced unexpected jobs that just came along.

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2012, 07:59:02 pm »
I agree with mike about being booked up in advance, sent out some offers and by mid feb was booked solid for 5 weeks, which sounds great, but had to turn away a Hugh amount of work because people wouldn't wait that long, now I'm back to about 7 days in advance but this week started slow but after quoting on Monday it's turned out to be my best week of the year so far

clive ware

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2012, 08:48:14 pm »
Like Mike, It sounds like I`m bragging but its been hectic down here the last few weeks. I had a real quiet couple of weeks in February which seems like the norm now-Ithink everyones paying their credit cards of after Christmas but since then its got busier and busier. Did 6 jobs today starting at 7am right through to 7pm. Knackered!!
It does help that I`ve been in business for over 25 years tho!
Just stick with it.Keep putting leaflets out, visit some carpet shops and I`m sure you`ll find the phone will start ringing. I do think that during a recession, people have their carpets cleaned rather than replace them.

will_turton

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2012, 09:35:24 pm »
 andy locks quiet

carpet_care

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2012, 10:19:45 pm »
Yes very funny busier than you mr turton ::) 8)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2012, 06:08:28 pm »
Hi Guys

I have definitely been quieter and have had to work harder at getting jobs than is usual but thats not a bad thing.

I don't believe it''s got that much to do with the wider macro economic situation, as the fact it has rained so much and been cold in the bargain.

The phone has been much busier this week and that's down to the weather improving.

May is a funny time because people will wait for better weather which they wouldn't do in January as it's too far off.

Cheers

Doug

Linds Russell

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2012, 08:07:40 pm »
Record turnover last month and this month is shaping up nicely. No complaints here. The quality of our clients has increased, so average job price is up.
Linds

Craigp

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2012, 09:08:28 pm »
My vans cleaner than normal.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2012, 09:40:53 pm »
Steady as always  ;)

MAX Carpets

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2012, 06:14:33 am »
I agree with the weather theory, deffo has more impact the the economy

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2012, 09:24:20 am »
I have in previous years booked a fortnight's work on the first really sunny March Saturday.

I think these b..  Olympics are going to muck things up, I have a mind to take the caravan up to the north of Scotland with no telly ;D
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Steve Fortt

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2012, 12:45:28 am »
i seem to be ticking over nicely at the moment.

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2012, 10:30:20 am »
Remember guys loads of people will be off soon on summer holidays and saving for that now so domestic work will drop off a bit HOWEVER the schools, creches are my targets and have 3 major school jobs now already booked for July _carpets-vinyl flooring-office furniture, stage & common areas now i'm targeting factories that shut down for maintenance over July/August - loads of work out there guys just waiting for you to call on them ££££££££££! ;)

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2012, 05:37:11 am »
have to say its been pretty dead all this year for carpets,the phone stoped ringing back end of last year,
and as soon as a job comes in,machine goes wrong again,got 2 small jobs today then its back to ashbys!
nothing booked up at all!its been the worst year ever,
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Richard Basey-Fisher

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2012, 10:36:48 am »
trade has been awfull this week phone has not rung once .  mind you i have been in hospital since wed with my wife having a baby . lovely 8lb baby girl. 

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2012, 01:35:53 pm »
Well done your wife-- now your troubles really start. My kids are in their 40s now and I still get 'Daaaad ' plus the grandchildren. Wouldn't be without them.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2012, 03:19:41 pm »
Weather has changed here today, clear skies and hot, phone not stopped ringing all day and booked a weeks work from it.

Thank god for the hole in the ozone.   ;D

clinton

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2012, 06:04:06 pm »
Lovley weather here too and took a good few jobs here today..

May is usually a good month here for us..

clive ware

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2012, 07:09:19 pm »
Congratulations Richard-great news!!