pncleaning

Why dont people listen?????????
« on: May 02, 2012, 08:28:13 pm »
I did a job for this woman yesterday who is putting her flat up for sale. The lounge carpet was minging so I had to wet a little bit more than usual. the flat is empty and cold and bearing in mind the weather outside was terrible I advised her to put the heating on to help dry it. I got a text last night to say the carpet was still damp and she could not put the heating on because she having problems with her timer???? and asked if I can do anything? wot would you guys do? would you go back with some drying gear? bearing in mind she took no notice of me whatsoever regarding the heating as she did not want to put some more money on her key. I advised her again to put the heating on.

John Milnes

Re: Why dont people listen?????????
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 08:40:18 pm »
Being that she has no common sense and that she is a blame shifter and also a non listener......I would completely ignore her ;D

craignozza

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 08:48:12 pm »
Im sure Regardless of heating or weather conditions if your using a good quality hwe machine and doing enough dry passes and not over wetting the carpets they should dry at the max 24 hrs ...what machine and technique are you using  ??

pncleaning

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 08:54:31 pm »
im using a powerflite 350. and infact she  texted me about 2 hours after I completed the work lol.
It was also a deep pile carpet. what does she want miracles???/

craignozza

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 08:56:14 pm »
2 hours after  ;D ;D Did you tell her you did'nt go to hogwarts   ;D

pncleaning

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 09:37:18 pm »
2 hours after  ;D ;D Did you tell her you did'nt go to hogwarts   ;D
:D :D :D

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 11:37:00 am »
I notice from your Web Site you offer fast Drying times no asterisk saying customer has to supply heat.

You obviously use this as a benefit of your Service over other Carpet Cleaners.

Helen

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 11:56:37 am »
I did a job for this woman yesterday who is putting her flat up for sale. The lounge carpet was minging so I had to wet a little bit more than usual. the flat is empty and cold and bearing in mind the weather outside was terrible I advised her to put the heating on to help dry it. I got a text last night to say the carpet was still damp and she could not put the heating on because she having problems with her timer???? and asked if I can do anything? wot would you guys do? would you go back with some drying gear? bearing in mind she took no notice of me whatsoever regarding the heating as she did not want to put some more money on her key. I advised her again to put the heating on.
Why use more water when perhaps a slightly stronger cleaning solution or different technique may have sufficed?
Who said 24hrs max to dry?..... would be horrified to think we had left carpets wet that long :o

What have you done to resolve this?

craignozza

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 12:08:27 pm »
Helen why ask a question when you know the answer to it ?? i:e ( who said 24hrs max to dry) .. i dont condone leaving the carpets wet and my carpets are dry within 2hrs but i dont know what machine or technique the guy was using thats why i said 24 hrs max  ;)

AshWhite

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 12:17:12 pm »
Plus, there are different degrees of 'Dry' I would imagine that for a long pile carpet to take 24 hours to be completely dry is not unreasonable?
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Steve Chapman

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 12:22:39 pm »
In the rare event it ever happened to me (  ;)  ) I would normally say put the heating on and open a window somewhere and phone me in the morning if they still damp.

They never do !

I think its impossible to say exactly when a particular carpet is dry as theres so many variables.

Whats dry any how,  touch dry, bone dry ?   I'm sure i read somewhere that wool carpets may feel dry but release moisture slowly so you cant say they are truly bone dry until after about 24hrs.

Thats what I tell the customers anyhow  :)

Dryness is subjective as well,  I had a customer phone me really angry once in the afternoon after having his carpets cleaned first thing,  he complained i said they would be dry in 2 hours, so i went to inspect them.

When I got there he produce a piece of toilet paper ( clean  :)  ) and put it on the carpet and stood on it.
When he showed it to me it had the tiniest spot of dampness on it.

Needless to say I didnt say anything just turned on my heels and left.

He never booked me again thank goodness.

I never say 2 hours now as you do get those that watch the clock and count down the seconds  :o

Regards
Steve

pncleaning

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 01:05:21 pm »
Ian

I offer two cleaning plans
Plan 1  is where I am at the persons house with my blowers and I am there until it is dry some like this service but it comes with a price

Plan 2  I clean the carpets and leave them damp so advise them to put heating on and open a window to let the air circulate. This is the cheapest option.

When I did go back the carpets were dry so me thinks she was too impatient and just a moaner  ;D

Paul

Helen

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 01:17:37 pm »
Helen why ask a question when you know the answer to it ?? i:e ( who said 24hrs max to dry) .. i dont condone leaving the carpets wet and my carpets are dry within 2hrs but i dont know what machine or technique the guy was using thats why i said 24 hrs max  ;)

Cos as I was typing my answer the phone went and I couldn't remember and I couldn't be asred to scroll down and look ;D ;D

garry22

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 04:31:41 pm »
Some people don't listen, some people don't read   ;D ;D

pncleaning

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 05:10:18 pm »
Some people don't listen, some people don't read   ;D ;D

haha  ;D ;D

Paul Moss

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 05:16:16 pm »
Why use more water when perhaps a slightly stronger cleaning solution or different technique may have sufficed?
Who said 24hrs max to dry?..... would be horrified to think we had left carpets wet that long :o

What have you done to resolve this?

I use a powerfull truck mount and at times of year such as this when humidity is quite high carpets and especially wool carpets will take 24 hour to fully dry and in some cases longer.

craignozza

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 07:10:43 pm »

Cos as I was typing my answer the phone went and I couldn't remember and I couldn't be asred to scroll down and look ;D ;D

ill let you off then  ;D ;D

Dave_Lee

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 08:02:05 pm »
If a room is closed off after cleaning, no heating is on and it's generaly cold, evaporation will take XX's longer and the humid air  has nowhere to go. it's common sense that drying will take far longer than normal.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2012, 08:12:17 pm »
Some people are just peasants, I always tell them to leave a window open or sometimes if drying is an issue leave an air blower in the room and pick it up later

Len Gribble

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2012, 08:46:49 pm »
Why dont people listen?????????

Because they hear what you say ;D ;D ;)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Jim_77

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2012, 09:08:55 pm »
I think today wasa particularly humid day, drying just wasn't happening!

Did a heavy cotton suite and then all the carpets (huge house) starting with the carpet in the same room as the suite.  Even with 2 blowers put straight on and belting away at the suite it wasn't properly dry 4 hours later and the carpets weren't properly dry before protector went on.

All windows locked.  I lost count of the number of times I had the same conversation with the customer who said "Oh we'll put the heating on later".  I said "uhmm well we really need to get some air circulating..."  "Well the heating comes on at 4..."

AARRGGHH

pncleaning

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2012, 08:24:03 am »
I think today wasa particularly humid day, drying just wasn't happening!

Did a heavy cotton suite and then all the carpets (huge house) starting with the carpet in the same room as the suite.  Even with 2 blowers put straight on and belting away at the suite it wasn't properly dry 4 hours later and the carpets weren't properly dry before protector went on.

All windows locked.  I lost count of the number of times I had the same conversation with the customer who said "Oh we'll put the heating on later".  I said "uhmm well we really need to get some air circulating..."  "Well the heating comes on at 4..."

AARRGGHH

Sounds about right haha  ;D ;D

Paul Moss

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2012, 08:59:38 am »
Jim,

Theres a nice uph tool for sale on another thread somewhere ;D

Jim_77

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2012, 11:39:44 am »
I'll only buy it if it's terribly designed and hugely over priced :)