Why I hate letting agents
« on: March 15, 2012, 09:51:47 pm »
There are several industry groups that I really dislike with a passion like banks, defence lawyers, loan sharks etc but enter that group..... letting agents.
We have a friend that has just moved out of his flat. We did the carpet cleaning there even though the inventory said it had to be done by a company registered with Companies House :o Just what the fluck is that about?
Previously he's spilt red wine on the regulation cream living room carpet but unfortunately he'd let his parents have a go with numerous well known products to us on here. As it turns out we got the redness out but couldn't undo the hailo effect around where the wine had been..... bleached I know.
Anyway come the day he's there for the check out. They've only gone and FINED him for the lightening of the carpet £30. But it get's better, they also fined him £30 for some dust around a radiator and another £30 for some limescale around a sink, even though he said he would deal with it whilst he was there.
What a bunch of money grabbing low lifes these people are. It's not as if they are going to use the £30 to sort out the carpet and as for the other 2 issues!

Kev Loomes

Re: Why I hate letting agents
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 10:00:12 pm »
Landlords can be just as bad!

Adam P

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 12:19:20 am »
we've cleaned properties that "had" to be done by the letting agents cleaners. after the tenant found this out they fought with the LA which eventually said fair enough if it's clean it's clean so who cares, but then they did their inspection and found a few crumbs under the oven which we'd missed. fair enough we had missed them, but the pice they were then charged with £120 to reclean the floor. crazy crazy money but it's a good money earner for them.

we've often done quotes too for the tenant, say 2 bed house, £250 for instance, the LA quotes them £500

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 06:43:54 am »
Neil if the letting agents used the word "fine" it is against the law, and your mate would have a very good chance of not paying in a court. If you would like any more info or help on this email me..

PaulKing

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 07:00:37 am »
£30 allowance on a damaged carpets not bad, as for the other cleaning the agents have places to go and other appointments, and he not legaly able to remain behind and pull the door to as he's checked out, so they have to send someone in to do the work, and they need to be paid, just out of interest how much would you charge to collect keys attend property, de fluff a radiator and clean some lime scale and then return keys?
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

The Great One

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 07:15:47 am »
Some letting agents can be bad but so can some tenants

Not paid rent for 5 months, bailiffs to get the out, dog had urinated on 4 carpets, needed replacing, ripped out 9 sets of curtains and rails, stole washing machine, FF and cooker, broke dishwasher and tumble dryer, mould everywhere, dog had chewed the wallpaper, left a soiled Dbl bed and other rubbish.

Enter Martin for a nice payday (eventually)

Martin 8)

Colin Day

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 08:12:33 am »
I have "Sacked" one letting agency, she questioned why the carpets were so dry after I just cleaned them amongst other stupid comments :o

Apparently she gets through carpet cleaners like chips.... ;D

But I would say tenants, landlords and letting agencies are all as bad as each other.

I am friends with a landlady who's last occupants decided to rent a Rug Doctor instead of accepting me to do the work for £140.

They ruined the carpets and lost the whole deposit ;D ;D ;D

When will they ever learn.....?

Helen

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 08:58:00 am »
and he not legaly able to remain behind and pull the door to as he's checked out, so they have to send someone in to do the work,

But he was willing to correct these 'issues' whilst they were there :o so no need for anyone to go in afterwards, which I bet no one did, so a nice little earner there >:(

from edge2edge

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 12:21:33 pm »
Colin aint it great to sack someone coz you just dont like em(beauty of being self employed).Alan

clinton

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 12:28:57 pm »
Colins got it right mind ;D

Sometimes you just caint win even doing the best job.Carpet to dry ;D

Kev Loomes

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 12:40:42 pm »
I am friends with a landlady who's last occupants decided to rent a Rug Doctor instead of accepting me to do the work for £140.

They ruined the carpets and lost the whole deposit ;D ;D ;D

When will they ever learn.....?

Love it ;D ;D

PaulKing

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 07:14:43 pm »
and he not legaly able to remain behind and pull the door to as he's checked out, so they have to send someone in to do the work,

But he was willing to correct these 'issues' whilst they were there :o so no need for anyone to go in afterwards, which I bet no one did, so a nice little earner there >:(
. You missed off the beginning
as for the other cleaning the agents have places to go and other appointments, and he not legaly able to remain behind,

can't expect them to hang back when you pop to the shops to get supplies. Not great I admit but thems the breaks
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne