stevegunn

Why Every XMAS
« on: December 12, 2005, 07:05:50 pm »
Does something go wrong for me? Last two years the van has broke own the year before my machine packed in. Today some thieving little get smashed my drivers side window and stole my sat nav while I chatted in the doorway it only happens this time of year when I’m at my busiest and cannot afford the time to sort problems like these out   

rs_cleancare

Re: Why Every XMAS
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 07:23:02 pm »
It's what is known as SODS law! Last week had a pump go which cost me an afternoon. Think it could be time to carry spares.
Rob.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 07:25:27 pm »
just think if the person who stole your sat nav sold it to buy food for his sick child or perhaps a single toy to put under the tree for his handicapped son :'( :'( :'(

does'nt that make you feel better :) :)

mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 07:31:50 pm »
OR.....

he used the money to buy more crack-cocaine which he eagerly smoked in a shop doorway oblivious to the trouble he put you through >:( >:( >:(

but it was cut with Vim so his lungs inploded causing him to internally drown in his own blood-contaminated vomit  while the spasms of his stomach caused him to empty his bowls into his trousers ;D ;D ;D

Now does'nt that make you feel better :) :) :)

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Kev Loomes

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 07:37:58 pm »
Last thursday I had my passenger side window smashed, my laptop, mobile printer and sat nav all nicked. I was in W14 (I never go into London - never going back) - neighbour and the police said that that sort of thing always happens in that road. GREAT, if I'd known that first I wouldn't have gone there. My gut instinct told me not to bother...

To make it worse, got home and my boiler packed in, spent over £200 already in parts - and it still dont work. This evening the office heater (converted 12x8 tall shed - hey, its better than the dining room!) packed in and Im freezing.

What have I done in a past life?? :'(

John_Flynn

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 07:45:51 pm »
Hope your stint of bad Luck does not last as long as mine has!!!

It started in 1995!!!

Tell you waht though, if I didn't have any Bad Luck I wouldn't have any Luck at all.

Oh by the way anybody want to but a machine???
I get better looking each day!!

mark_roberts

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 08:31:54 pm »
Our local police have a nice little Christmas message on the radio.

It tells us NOT TO LEAVE VALUABLES IN VIEW IN YOUR CAR.

Mark

stevegunn

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 09:02:21 pm »
I was outside my mother in laws while my daughter was using the toilet less than 5 minutes in total and the front door was open ::)

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 09:12:22 pm »
Mike yo0ur sick ;D ;D
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 10:48:50 pm »
I was once woken during the night, about 3 am by the sound of loud crack outside of our bedroom window.
Jumped out of bed and could see someone prising the boot of my car with a long bar. Ran downstairs and grabbed a rolling pin from the kitchen draw, slowly opened the back door and tip toed round to the front of the house to meet him.

As soon as he turned to me I absolutely welted him with all the might I could find within myself. the crack of his nose breaking was deafening and actually woke the neighbour over the road!! :o the guy ran back to his van screeching his head off ;D
The reverberation hurt my hand so it was on with the ice pack and back to beddy bye byes. ;)

Michel Roberts

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 10:52:27 pm »
Formula6

I live in W12 which is adjacent to W14 the other side of the Shepherd's Bush Rd.
For future reference it would be helpfull to know the name of the rd that break ins are happening in.

Michel

Neil Grainger

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 11:42:49 am »
Gents

Why work in London? Can you charge more

Traffics Crap
No where to park ever
Lots more thieving toerags.

Just unsure why people still do it thats all

I live 25 miles from London and just stay away for the reasons stated.

Am I doing something wrong

Kev Loomes

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 03:07:38 pm »
Hi Michel

It's Lakeside Rd, W14. Dont go anywhere near it !!

Neil

You know I wouldnt normally touch London at all exactly for the reasons you said, its only because a carpet fitter I know wanted me to go for one of his best clients (she lets it out). As I said earlier, I should have acted on my insticts and not gone - especially when it takes an hour and a half getting there, and then the same back. 3 hours travelling which you cannot really slip into the quote (although I did increase it a bit for this reason alone).

Learn't me lesson, keep that tucked away with all my other ones!

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 03:31:57 pm »
I totally agree, it can be a pain at times

Regards
T. Samuel

Samual and Atkinson Associates Ltd - innovators in marketing management and progressive interface productive solutions for your grandma's pantry cupboard - the one where she keeps the jam pasties