wynne jones

I spend 80% of mine on wine, women and song. I just waste the rest.  ;D

;D

George Best RIP
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Alan Carr

Re: Why I have come to realise carpet cleaning is not about carpet cleaning.
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2011, 01:56:52 pm »
A great post!

You're right! Carpet cleaning isn't about carpet cleaning - to an extent. It's about marketing, marketing, marketing. There is serious amounts of money to be made if you can get the custom.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2011, 05:04:32 pm »
to suggest that carpet cleaning knowledge isn't important is a little bit misleading,

I know a lot of carpet cleaners and ALL the successful ones have 2 things in common the have an extensive knowledge of all aspect of carpet cleaning and they charge high prices.

you can have all the marketing knowledge in the world and the phone can be ringing off the hook but in the end you need to clean a carpet and do it well. I've seen lots of marketing campaigns sky rocket through the roof but they never keep going unless the end product is good,

marketing is what boxers do before a fight , but its all waffle until they step into the ring and do the business.

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2011, 05:10:25 pm »
and......

jason's no5 point I totally disagree with

5) The very best/ most profitable work comes from  untraditonal sources

the best work i believe come from the boring, traditional sources, database marketing, leaflets, websites etc.

running around town with a flag up your bum saying 'get carpet cleaning here' might bring in the odd job... but not that many ;)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

garry22

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2011, 05:40:28 pm »
This is not aimed at Jason but follows on from what Mike said.

I watched a marketing conference on one of the obscure Sky channels.

A load of arty farty creative types (the ones who have never sold anything!) talking about "cutting edge" marketing.

One was having a real go at Coca Cola for it's "old fashioned, boring" marketing.

He was ridiculing them for giving free coke to young kids at a big summer festival at Brighton (really hot, sunny day).

The clown called it outdated and boring. I'd call it genius. Apparently, drug dealers use the same approach

jasonl

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2011, 06:16:57 pm »
The post I originally made , said what I have come to realize ,  of course others will have realized other things.   
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Helen

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2011, 07:35:43 pm »
The post I originally made , said what I have come to realize ,  of course others will have realized other things.   

As long as you have realised you shou'dn't get married again aswell ;D