jasonl

Re: Which van?!?
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 07:53:34 pm »
It is slightly over your budget , but I reckon you could get a deal on this , very modern looking , new shape , and very economical on fuel . TM ready too .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Citroen-Relay-2-2HDi-2007-LOW-MILES-/160540700930?pt=UK_Commercial_Trucks&hash=item2560f8b102
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 07:59:36 pm »
Buy new!! I hate spending money lol Plus I am on the look out for a buffer still and also want the van wrapped which will cost ££££  :'( :'(

Previous two transit connects had no problems what so ever, apart from the water pump leaking and screwing up the alternator. Maybe i got lucky. Only buying another van as i need more room.

Usualy change them every three years. Buying new and your losing money as soon as you drive it out of the dealership.

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 08:06:05 pm »
TM ready  ??? can the transit not hold a tm  ???

tony
if i was turning over what you claim your turning over then i'd buy new mate, that thing will fall apart in a couple of years.

Whats he claiming he turns over Derek? if the mileage is genuine then it seems a good buy and from what I know a transit will not fall apart, the majority of older vans I see on the road are transits and not other makes.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 08:08:39 pm »
It is slightly over your budget , but I reckon you could get a deal on this , very modern looking , new shape , and very economical on fuel . TM ready too .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Citroen-Relay-2-2HDi-2007-LOW-MILES-/160540700930?pt=UK_Commercial_Trucks&hash=item2560f8b102

I've only been looking for transits and vaxhalls. Thats all I know and used when it comes to vans. Are Citroens reilable? That does look more modern and berwick upon tweed  anit too far away.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 08:27:46 pm »
Tony you're a man after my own heart I hate spending money also it's a bad habbit the Mrs has got into I am trying to unsuccessfully wean her off.

Shaun

Linds Russell

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 08:46:23 pm »
I have a 55 reg Citroen Dispatch and its as solid as a rock.

I've just had to replace the alternator and the usual brakes and tyres. The Relay is my next choice of van.
Linds

derek west

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2011, 08:55:22 pm »

tony
if i was turning over what you claim your turning over then i'd buy new mate, that thing will fall apart in a couple of years.

Whats he claiming he turns over Derek? if the mileage is genuine then it seems a good buy and from what I know a transit will not fall apart, the majority of older vans I see on the road are transits and not other makes.

i think it was something like £1200 to £2500 a week, which is vat registered territory, aint it tony?

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2011, 09:00:39 pm »

tony

i think it was something like £1200 to £2500 a week, which is vat registered territory, aint it tony?

It is indeed.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 09:04:28 pm »
Tony you're a man after my own heart I hate spending money also it's a bad habbit the Mrs has got into I am trying to unsuccessfully wean her off.

Shaun

Tell me about it! I hate spending money mainly on buisness things, other wise i anit too scrooge like :)

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2011, 09:22:35 pm »
Hand on heart Tony no buffer  :P  tell me that you have taken £2500.00 in one week for carpets, be honest now because big brother is watching and will check up on you  ;D Please dont include turnover from your fake leather hose bag sales because that wouldnt be fair  :-*

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2011, 09:35:42 pm »
Fck me! thats all Paul needed more ammunition to have a go lol lol

Had a funny feeling this would go off topic when Derek used the word "cliamed"  ::)

mmmm i dont see in the title where it says lets discuss how much you turnover. How much do you make??

jasonl

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2011, 09:51:24 pm »

I've only been looking for transits and vaxhalls. Thats all I know and used when it comes to vans. Are Citroens reilable? That does look more modern and berwick upon tweed  anit too far away.

What Shaun wont tell you Tony , is that he has one of these citroen relays , that says it all .
I will be having one too  this year at some point.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2011, 09:56:04 pm »

Had a funny feeling this would go off topic when Derek used the word "cliamed"  ::)

mmmm i dont see in the title where it says lets discuss how much you turnover. How much do you make??

But we just want you to have a nice van tony, and if ur turning over £2.5 k a week, depending on your outgoings, you could have a good one with all the bells and whistles if your business earnings are what you claim,  but you would have to be vat registered  :)

If I was in the market for a new van I personally wouldnt ask for advice on here, I would just go and buy the best I could afford, and yes it would be a transit or maybe a VW  ;D

jasonl

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2011, 10:01:11 pm »
I have turned over up to 1 million in a year before now , never paid more than 10 k on a van , I would rather spend on my own car . 5-7 K will always buy the latest model of most vans ,with low mileage . I cant see the point in paying more , unless you need to lease.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2011, 10:19:17 pm »
I have turned over up to 1 million in a year before now , never paid more than 10 k on a van , I would rather spend on my own car . 5-7 K will always buy the latest model of most vans ,with low mileage . I cant see the point in paying more , unless you need to lease.

And the point is  ??? If tony is doing as well as he has allegedly claimed in his cc'ng business 10k will be fine for a decent van and not have any impact on his business account. He can then spend the rest on a really nice car and a decent rotary  :D

derek west

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2011, 10:21:48 pm »

have you never swayed slightly off topic tony? or is it just not allowed on your topics?  ;D i actually don't think we've gone off topic, choosing a van has quite alot to do with earnings. ;D
anyway, carrying on with the topic, definately no rear glass.

Paul Heath

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2011, 10:46:08 pm »
The trouble with the transit is it has not kept up with the market. Its heavy, it rusts, it falls apart, its not cheap to fix. They say there is a new one on the way...time will tell.
I would not give a "tranny" houseroom myself..... but at the end of the day its horses for courses.
I would recomend a Renualt Traffic...mines just coming up for 3yrs old, 31000 miles and all its cost is a new set of tyres, 2nd service is still 5000 away, still returns over 30 mpg.
At the end of the day you get want you think is right for you at the time within your budget.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2011, 12:22:28 am »

My sentiments exactly! Would much rather spend that cash on my own car or home furnishings or a holiday! Why spend on your business willy nilly when its not making me any extra money?  ??? Unlike an advert or new machinary which can bring in more work/get the job done better/quicker. Keeping overheads as low as possible has always been my philosophy in my business.
Apart from a fan I bought last year all my gear has been bought brand new. I will be buying a rotery second hand as it will be the first time of using one and i want to see how I get on with it first. Not point in spending £700 on a new one if its just going to be sitting in my lock up....

Regarding earnings. If you actaully knew how many hours i worked a week, you'd understand that it is very possible to turnover that figure. I work 6 days a week and sometimes Sundays and very rarely get in before 6pm.
I've been doing this 11 years, not needed to advertise in 5 years, never done a leaflet drop in my puff, no promo spotting bottles, no fancy fridge magnents, just a handful of business cards to each customer. I live in a nice house in a nice area in a nice city :) I must be doing something right.

Yeah, why do they put glass on the back of vans!? thats the stupids idea in the world! If the other van didn't have glass, that would have swayed it for me.