UK Window Cleaning Forum > Window Cleaning Forum

getting old

<< < (2/18) > >>

Spruce:

--- Quote from: nathankaye on June 23, 2019, 09:41:32 am ---Learn to say "No" as well.
Do you need the extra new work your taking on?  If not, then stop doing so and make it more manageable and perhaps cut your working hours per day a little if you can and take the rest.

What poles do you use?

Respect to you both as well.  I know in theory I wouldn't want to be working into my 70's (I'm 41) but the reality is, I hate doing nothing and so the chances are I will be working in some capacity

--- End quote ---

;D
Thanks Nathan. Unfortunately we as older ones need to keep moving. I find that if I stop to rest for too long I can't get going again.  ;D ;D The 'battery' goes flat.

So I try to incorporate a rest break with talking to customers.

Jay Le Huray:

--- Quote from: nathankaye on June 23, 2019, 09:41:32 am ---Learn to say "No" as well.
Do you need the extra new work your taking on?  If not, then stop doing so and make it more manageable and perhaps cut your working hours per day a little if you can and take the rest.

What poles do you use?

Respect to you both as well.  I know in theory I wouldn't want to be working into my 70's (I'm 41) but the reality is, I hate doing nothing and so the chances are I will be working in some capacity

--- End quote ---

we use gardeners poles, and yes I find it difficult staying at home watching daytime tv (total rubbish) I always have to find something to do

The Jester of Wibbly:
Well done buddy.  There are so many youngsters out there these days that can't do a days graft without a moan or craving for there bed.     They should take a leaf out of your book, so don't ever look down on yourself.

Klean07:
I'm 61 this year but last year when I was 60 I decided that I wanted to ease my work down and eventually retire so last month I took someone on. Its been a struggle especially with the wet weather last week but we're getting there thankfully!

KS Cleaning:
Why don’t you just keep building the round up, if you don’t want to do any more work per week you could let your schedule slip from 4 weekly to 5 weekly, then when you feel you are overloaded with work sell the surplus work on and put the proceeds into the pension pot, then you can go back to your 4 weekly schedule...and repeat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version