james peters

render softwash and "HEAT "
« on: August 11, 2020, 05:57:34 pm »
SORRY if this is a silly question.   
is it ok to do a render softwash in this heat ?

zesty

Re: render softwash and "HEAT "
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 06:48:42 pm »
Sure is, you’ll probably just want to do less of an area than normal in one go, I.e split the render up and do half at a time.

Having said that, I did a render clean the other day in 33c heat, was amazed how well it worked given the mix had dried by the time I rinsed it.

Went over it a second time and the black fungus staining faded over the course of an hour. Hypo just keeps working, even when it’s seemingly dried out. It’s still killed the organic matter and will still work as it does on cooler days.

zesty

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 06:52:32 pm »

Bare in mind it’s was swealtering  ;D - jobs a gooden.

james peters

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 06:55:55 pm »
Sure is, you’ll probably just want to do less of an area than normal in one go, I.e split the render up and do half at a time.

Having said that, I did a render clean the other day in 33c heat, was amazed how well it worked given the mix had dried by the time I rinsed it.

Went over it a second time and the black fungus staining faded over the course of an hour. Hypo just keeps working, even when it’s seemingly dried out. It’s still killed the organic matter and will still work as it does on cooler days.

cheers zesty . I have one to do on friday.
friggin heat was horrendous today.... i tipped a bottle of water over my head after every house lol....

zesty

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 07:33:05 pm »
I’ve been putting the pure water Over my head to cool down. Been unbelievably hot to work in !

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2020, 09:18:54 pm »
Just spray the wall with garden hose before applying hypo it will cool it a bit and help stop it evaporating so quick , then just keep lightly applying the hypo mix to keep it damp .

james peters

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2020, 09:43:10 pm »
Just spray the wall with garden hose before applying hypo it will cool it a bit and help stop it evaporating so quick , then just keep lightly applying the hypo mix to keep it damp .

thanks splash ..... I will spray myself at the same time .... jees ... its crazy hot !

james peters

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2020, 08:08:45 am »
same as my original question.... but this time I want to know about softwashing in cold weather?

Splash & dash

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2020, 08:23:24 am »
same as my original question.... but this time I want to know about softwashing in cold weather?

We have soft washed stuff in -2 degrees  but you need a stronger mix and it takes longer for it to work  generally hypo works better above 10 degrees.

zesty

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2020, 08:28:14 am »
Not noticed much difference in cold cold weather, but then again, I don’t do much at all through the winter, enquiries seem to come in spring/summer for me.

I know bleach itself works best in cold water, rather than hot.

james peters

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2020, 07:06:36 pm »
thanks guys . I have one to do in december.   its rarely  icy cold here in wales, but you never know .