Stoots

Re: no new work/enquiries being cleaned before xmas
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2017, 02:35:37 pm »
Im hoping to take on someone 2 days a week next april.
will you actually make any money off them doing that Marc? and will they work with you?

Even if you don't make much profit (you will btw) you will earn the same money per week doing less days which can only be good thing.

Doing the same as Marc in the new year will be looking for a part timer .
I suppose if you're going to pay them peanuts you might make a little something. But if you just have a van with say 500lt in it how are you going to make more/ do more houses a day then what can be done by 1 person? you will have to a certain type of set up i guess eg. be able to fill up again the same day losing minimal time and get back out cleaning. But by the time you add on your employers liability etc, extra poles, reel it hardly seems worth it for 2 days a week.

I think you are trying to make it sound harder than it needs to be.

I already have a spare pole,reel hose and pump so they can use them, and if I didnt a couple of hundred quid won't kill me.

Employer's liability isn't that much, I was quoted 300 and odd Inc public liability.

Pension will be next to nowt, employer's n.i will either be zero or not far off.

Wages would be minimum wage or not much more.

Water get a bigger tank or put some barrels on your van and empty them into tank when matey is eating his lunch.

Not making any money in two days is like saying you won't make any 5 days.

Depends what your plans are. I will pay about 50-60 quid all in for a 6 hour a day and they should do me about 150 of work.

We shall see, rather give it a go then say oh it won't work not worth it blah blah

dave the rave

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2017, 03:39:00 pm »
anyone else do this?i do it every year.if they ll wait til new year they tend to be good customers. ;)
I would only take on new work on if they have moved into the area .Otherwise it’s the new year .

KS Cleaning

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2017, 04:11:47 pm »
Im hoping to take on someone 2 days a week next april.
will you actually make any money off them doing that Marc? and will they work with you?

Even if you don't make much profit (you will btw) you will earn the same money per week doing less days which can only be good thing.

Doing the same as Marc in the new year will be looking for a part timer .
I suppose if you're going to pay them peanuts you might make a little something. But if you just have a van with say 500lt in it how are you going to make more/ do more houses a day then what can be done by 1 person? you will have to a certain type of set up i guess eg. be able to fill up again the same day losing minimal time and get back out cleaning. But by the time you add on your employers liability etc, extra poles, reel it hardly seems worth it for 2 days a week.

I think you are trying to make it sound harder than it needs to be.

I already have a spare pole,reel hose and pump so they can use them, and if I didnt a couple of hundred quid won't kill me.

Employer's liability isn't that much, I was quoted 300 and odd Inc public liability.

Pension will be next to nowt, employer's n.i will either be zero or not far off.

Wages would be minimum wage or not much more.

Water get a bigger tank or put some barrels on your van and empty them into tank when matey is eating his lunch.

Not making any money in two days is like saying you won't make any 5 days.

Depends what your plans are. I will pay about 50-60 quid all in for a 6 hour a day and they should do me about 150 of work.

We shall see, rather give it a go then say oh it won't work not worth it blah blah
Don't forget you'll be paying 29% tax and N.I.