jo5hm4n

Brushes.
« on: May 31, 2019, 08:23:45 am »
Always used  the 24cm Brushes from Gardiners.  Can anybody tell me if theyve noticed any improvements going up to the 35cm.  Just looking for a new all around brush.  We seem to get on well with the Sill Brushes, but thinking of trying either a larger brush with 4 pencil jets, or even trying a Rinse Bar.  Was thinking of trying the Xline Rinse Bar Sill Brush.  Anyone tried this?

Always love sticking to Gardiner, but just want to try something different see if we can improve our rinsing, or agitation process or speed up either by trying a different brush.

Thanks

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: Brushes.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 08:35:58 am »
See my post about the 35cm Sill brush.  I could not get it into corners due to its curvature.  The ultimate 35cm is my choice.  Love the coverage of the larger brush.   Bit heavier though, but worth it for me.   The extreme is nice and light and is also a good option.  But I like the more dense brush.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Shrek

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 08:41:32 am »
I only use 2 brushes- 35cm ultimate medium and 35cm flocked both with 50° fan jets.
I did try the 100° fan jets but couldn’t get on with them in the end so went back to 50° fan jets. Made a massive difference in job times.

I do time every job & have a count down timer on every job so I know where I am . The timer goes off around 1-2 mins before I’m due to finish the job, this gives me a bit of motivation to stop fannying around and get ready to pack up

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 08:43:49 am »
You've seen my posts n possibly the odd vid of the larger brush, especially with six jets on.

The bigger brush does make a difference in speed of cleaning, compared to the smaller brush
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 09:43:13 am »
You've seen my posts n possibly the odd vid of the larger brush, especially with six jets on.

The bigger brush does make a difference in speed of cleaning, compared to the smaller brush

I use an 24cm xtreme medium mixed with 2 jets and have never seen anything in any of your videos that's shows you to be any quicker than me or anybody else, once again you're just talking nonsense.

Dry Clean

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 09:53:58 am »
John on large commercial cleans where you may be cleaning large sheets of glass then for many reasons a wider brush will work better , for normal domestic properties with windows that have all shapes and sizes the smaller brush will be a lot more practical, remember most of the effort on upper floors is supporting the weight of the pole and brush until you get it on the glass.

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 10:43:47 am »

I use an 24cm xtreme medium mixed with 2 jets and have never seen anything in any of your videos that's shows you to be any quicker than me or anybody else, once again you're just talking nonsense.

I love these debates you are so keen on having on virtually all of my posts Sean.
However, many windows I clean have a smaller side opening window which the larger brush fits into nice n snug, so a straight up n down, two times and the window is clean. The smaller brush is side to side or up n down and across etc, hence slightly slower.
Larger windows are the same as obviously the larger brush covers a larger area.
On downstairs windows n patio door I hold the pole so the brush is  vertical, and clean side to side. On the larger brush there is a jet, two inches (or so) apart from each other. So as you lower the brush, your cleaning and rinsing a larger area, which has also been cleaned n rinsed. So as you reach the bottom of the door or window it is done.  I quarantee you it is faster than a two jetted smaller brush!
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2019, 10:53:11 am »
Really?  Of course wider brushes cleans faster.  More coverage per stroke = quicker.  However at the cost of more weight and a higher flow level.

I guess Dry Clean thinks a tooth brush will clean just as fast  ;D ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

lal

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2019, 11:10:11 am »
I only use 2 brushes- 35cm ultimate medium and 35cm flocked both with 50° fan jets.
I did try the 100° fan jets but couldn’t get on with them in the end so went back to 50° fan jets. Made a massive difference in job times.

I do time every job & have a count down timer on every job so I know where I am . The timer goes off around 1-2 mins before I’m due to finish the job, this gives me a bit of motivation to stop fannying around and get ready to pack up

Hi Shrek, what was wrong with the 100 degree Fanjets compared to the 50 degree Fanjets, its because I've been using
the 100 degree jets for some months now, but changed over brushes for a fascia clean which have the 50 degree fanjets,
i think i prefer the 50 degree jets as well, I'm not quite sure but i think the 50 degree jets have a better controlled rinse
down the glass, the 100 degree jets doesn't seem as controlled, the ark from the jets seems too wide horizontally, so rinse is
all over the place, which i think causes spotting at the top of the glass sometimes.

Dry Clean

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2019, 11:37:17 am »
Really?  Of course wider brushes cleans faster.  More coverage per stroke = quicker.  However at the cost of more weight and a higher flow level.

Depends on what you are comparing the tooth brush to, I suppose you think you cant crack a nut with anything less than a sledgehammer ? a few inchs more of coverage will be more than used up by the extra weight and drag of the brush on the glass, if cleaning a window was all about stokes and nothing more then you would have a point but its not.

nathankaye

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2019, 11:58:53 am »

Depends on what you are comparing the tooth brush to, I suppose you think you cant crack a nut with anything less than a sledgehammer ? a few inchs more of coverage will be more than used up by the extra weight and drag of the brush on the glass, if cleaning a window was all about stokes and nothing more then you would have a point but its not.

A slight extra weight of the brush, really!  So that will make it a little slower. 😂😂 What about the pole and flex of a pole, you forgot to add that to the calculation.   What about physical ability of the operator, heart condition and level of fitness etc etc
😂😂😂
You do crack me up!

Oh, six jets....... There ain't no drag mate
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Spotfree

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2019, 12:04:00 pm »
Always used  the 24cm Brushes from Gardiners.  Can anybody tell me if theyve noticed any improvements going up to the 35cm.  Just looking for a new all around brush.  We seem to get on well with the Sill Brushes, but thinking of trying either a larger brush with 4 pencil jets, or even trying a Rinse Bar.  Was thinking of trying the Xline Rinse Bar Sill Brush.  Anyone tried this?

Always love sticking to Gardiner, but just want to try something different see if we can improve our rinsing, or agitation process or speed up either by trying a different brush.

Thanks

Josh I've got them all here tuckers, X-lines, Gardiners, rinse bars, fan jets multiple pencil jets-too much to list here mate. Call round and have a look and see what you might like, I've got around 12-15 different brushes!

Paul.

Dry Clean

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2019, 12:20:49 pm »

A slight extra weight of the brush, really!  So that will make it a little slower. 😂😂 What about the pole and flex of a pole, you forgot to add that to the calculation.   What about physical ability of the operator, heart condition and level of fitness etc etc
😂😂😂
You do crack me up!

Lets see, Alex Gardener who tranformed wfp window cleaning by bringing out lightweight poles and  brushes  or the forums concrete melter who thinks weight doesn't make a difference, who should we listen to ?
Plus if theres no drag then you are aquaplaning and not scrubbing, you cant have both.

zesty

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2019, 12:28:42 pm »
I use normal size xtreme brushes for domestic, and the wide xtreme brushes for commercial (if it’s wide glass)

Personally I don’t think it makes any real difference what brush you use with domestic cleans, but I prefer the smaller brush so it fits into the thin windows that some older house have.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2019, 12:39:39 pm »
I use normal size xtreme brushes for domestic, and the wide xtreme brushes for commercial (if it’s wide glass)

Personally I don’t think it makes any real difference what brush you use with domestic cleans, but I prefer the smaller brush so it fits into the thin windows that some older house have.

Yes.  I got around that with narrow windows using my angle swivel neck.  I just clean them at a 90 degrees

zesty

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2019, 12:44:54 pm »

Yes.  I got around that with narrow windows using my angle swivel neck.  I just clean them at a 90 degrees

Good idea, I like using the carbon fibre goosenecks so wouldn’t work for me 😉

Shrek

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2019, 02:39:04 pm »

Hi Shrek, what was wrong with the 100 degree Fanjets compared to the 50 degree Fanjets, its because I've been using
the 100 degree jets for some months now, but changed over brushes for a fascia clean which have the 50 degree fanjets,
i think i prefer the 50 degree jets as well, I'm not quite sure but i think the 50 degree jets have a better controlled rinse
down the glass, the 100 degree jets doesn't seem as controlled, the ark from the jets seems too wide horizontally, so rinse is
all over the place, which i think causes spotting at the top of the glass sometimes.

Hi lal ,

I found exactly the same as you - because the rinse is so wide spread, the weight of the water doesn’t rinse the bits down the window properly so takes longer. A few snapped as well so just changed all my brushes back to 50° and we’ll happy now 👍

nathankaye

Re: Brushes. New
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2019, 03:09:09 pm »

😂😂😂
You do crack me up!

Lets see, Alex Gardener who tranformed wfp window cleaning by bringing out lightweight poles and  brushes  or the forums concrete melter who thinks weight doesn't make a difference, who should we listen to ?
Plus if theres no drag then you are aquaplaning and not scrubbing, you cant have both.

Like I said, I do enjoy these debates.
Your argument was that size at the cost of weight and drag etc. So I counter argued that, as many factors can balance out the weight aspect that you harp on about. Some use fibreglass poles, others hybrids and then there is the range of carbon poles, all at different weights. So the weight difference of the brush is only small in comparison.

In addition, the weight difference isn't massive mate, combined with the fact that most on here are probably cleaning domestic and your normal ground floor n upstairs (first floor) with the odd 2nd floor level cleaning. Not exactly back breaking weight difference  at those heights, especially with correct posture and cleaning techniques, never mind the other aspects.

Drag, again....really!  Maybe you need vision in your water to help with slip 😂😂😂😂
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk