Mike Halliday

Tracking leafleters
« on: February 02, 2017, 06:37:45 pm »
Just put a new app on my iPhone called Map my walk I know not many people use leafleters but this app is a great way of tracking thier route it gives the route,  how fast  they walk plus other info, here is a screen shot of me today.....

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Adam Eastman

Re: Tracking leafleters
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 06:45:45 pm »
Can you then save this info, so if in six weeks time you want to be hitting the same area again, you can see where you were six weeks previous?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 07:01:59 pm »
I haven't fully explored all the features, but you can keep a record of all the walks you do and compare timings etc.  if you upgrade to the premium edition ( I use the free app) you can export the info into other devices  and send the info to friends

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 08:33:54 am »
While we are on the subject of leaflet dropping I would like to ask you a question Mike if I may.

I have started a leaflet delivery campaign in my town. I'm just starting with 4000 per month for now. I have a retired guy doing them but even though he's very reliable I suspect he's not fast enough.

So the question is ..... how many leaflets do you think someone should be able to post per hour to semi-detached homes or how many hours should it take 1 person to deliver 4000 leaflets to semi-detached homes ?

Thanks
David.
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

edward coller

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 02:53:22 pm »
Im going to start leafleting myself after a long break uf 4yrs, before that I was happy if I could get 100 done per hour, working pretty steady on it and with a variety of properties from terraced too large detached grandees. Simon

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 04:48:53 pm »
On average 6-7 hours to do a 1000  it's a days work to do a 1000 but no one can do that many at once. I would never have anyone do more than 4rs a day with a tea break in the middle.

It's tricky to push anyone to be faster as you walk at a set pace, you can try and walk faster but within 10 minutes you mind wanders and your pace slows to your normal pace. if someone feels pressured to do More leaflets per hour they will dump some to give the impression of going faster.

Steve_Knight

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 11:16:17 pm »
Hi Mike
What type of leaflet are you putting out at the moment and what sort of response are you getting?

Cheers Steve

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 06:07:35 am »
It's an A4 size folded to a A5, this is Just a power-washing/ facia& soffit /conservatory roof cleaning leaflet. We tuck  a DL size ( compliment slip size) carpet cleanng leaflet inside.

Can't give an exact response rate but as I look at my diary (I'm sat here in Mc Donald's before I go out leafleting  :)  ) this week is fully booked and only 4 jobs are existing customers the rest of the week is booked from leaflets we have put out over the last few weeks, we have 3 full days of high profit outside work which I'm really happy about as I thought now would be a slow time of this type of work.