Avo

Help choosing the right brush
« on: November 14, 2018, 02:39:39 pm »
Can anyone give me any help choosing a brush. I have been using the reach and wash for about 8 years now. I currently run with an extreme 22 with the old style extreme brushes white/blue and black/blue which have always been my favourite brush. I've noticed these days they don't really have many extreme brushes of choice and the ones that they do have I don't like either. Do I go for another gardiner, x line or constructor I do like the rinse bar concept although I've never tried it out

SB Cleaning

Re: Help choosing the right brush
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 02:55:22 pm »
I like Gardeners ultimate soft at the moment , no doubt I will be using something else soon though, I have tried loads over the years ;D

Avo

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 02:59:09 pm »
Same.. the biggest reason for most of the brush changes is down to weight plus needs to have good soft splaying on glass. What are these dupont brushes ?

Avo

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 03:01:01 pm »
On paper the extreme hybrid should be my perfect brush but for some unknown reason I don't like it. I always go back to the ones with the blue inner trim

Splash & dash

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 03:01:52 pm »
I think brushes are a personal thing what I like you might not I have just tried the line DuPont brush unfortunately I don’t like it with hot water it’s no ware near stiff enough for first cleans , so I have reverted back to Gardiners stiff supream, but they last a maximum of 12 weeks which I think is very poor life span especially when you consider what they cost and I don’t personally think there is enough bristles in the brush either . Years ago we used to use vakan sill brushes last for years but it’s like having a brick on the end of the pole , but scrubbing power and life span was far superior to any brush on the market now

Avo

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 03:21:50 pm »
Has anyone jumped in and bought a constructor brush? How do dupont feel on glass when using them are they really really soft do they add more weight when wet?

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 03:33:31 pm »
ultimate stiff and xtreme stiff are my brushes of choice these days with hot water....

if you ve been used to using an xtreme brush then a constructor will feel like a brick and probably snap your pole at full stretch over a conny/extension! ;D
price higher/work harder!

Splash & dash

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 03:36:27 pm »
Has anyone jumped in and bought a constructor brush? How do dupont feel on glass when using them are they really really soft do they add more weight when wet?

Just looking at the constructed brush puts me off it big bulky and looks heavy and cumbersome then there is the price !!!!  X line DuPont feels nice on the glass it splays well with minimum pressure but very little scrubbing power on bird muck as bristles are to flexible with hot water , it’s ok till you need to scrub something stuck to the glass if just dusty windows it’s ok , but you cannot rely on just dust , bee pollen, snail trails bird poo all need a scrub and personally I don’t find it cuts the mustard , If any one wants to buy it it has been used for 3 days only I have one sill brush  x line and one normal rectangular x line DuPont both ok I just don’t like them

Avo

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 03:56:52 pm »
ultimate stiff and xtreme stiff are my brushes of choice these days with hot water....

if you ve been used to using an xtreme brush then a constructor will feel like a brick and probably snap your pole at full stretch over a conny/extension! ;D
plus the bank won't give me finance 😁😁😁 that's a whole lot of money

Avo

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2018, 04:00:51 pm »

Just looking at the constructed brush puts me off it big bulky and looks heavy and cumbersome then there is the price !!!!  X line DuPont feels nice on the glass it splays well with minimum pressure but very little scrubbing power on bird muck as bristles are to flexible with hot water , it’s ok till you need to scrub something stuck to the glass if just dusty windows it’s ok , but you cannot rely on just dust , bee pollen, snail trails bird poo all need a scrub and personally I don’t find it cuts the mustard , If any one wants to buy it it has been used for 3 days only I have one sill brush  x line and one normal rectangular x line DuPont both ok I just don’t like them
hmmmm I'd be interested in the xline standard dupont off you, dose it have rinse bar or pencils?  Is it like a brick thou?

Plankton

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2018, 04:21:54 pm »

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2018, 04:37:27 pm »
Gardiner Ultimate dupont is a very good all rounder.
Comfortably Numb!

dd

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2018, 05:03:29 pm »
I have the xline dupont stiff using with cold water. Similar weight to Gardiner sl. Very good brush.  Think the stiff version is probably better than the soft. Brush of choice since I bought it 2 weeks ago.

Personally much prefer pencil jets to rinse bar (I have 2 brushes one with jets, one with bar) . Rinse bar can block very easily and is a pain to flush out. Also pencil jets give a higher flow rate so I rinse quicker than with the rinse bar

Avo

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2018, 05:33:27 pm »
I have the xline dupont stiff using with cold water. Similar weight to Gardiner sl. Very good brush.  Think the stiff version is probably better than the soft. Brush of choice since I bought it 2 weeks ago.

Personally much prefer pencil jets to rinse bar (I have 2 brushes one with jets, one with bar) . Rinse bar can block very easily and is a pain to flush out. Also pencil jets give a higher flow rate so I rinse quicker than with the rinse bar
what's the weight like on it?

dd

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2018, 06:00:18 pm »
Not sure off hand. Weight is on xline website. As I said it is a similar weight to a gardiner super light brush.

Notably heavier than xtreme brush, but a lot more scrubbing power. I find it a nice brush to use.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2018, 06:06:00 pm »
I lately purchased two of the white brushes I think they're designed for extra durability but slightly heavier what do you guys think about those

Splash & dash

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2018, 06:06:27 pm »

It has 2 mm pencil jets and is very similar weight to the Gardiners supream when using it it doesn’t feel any heavier to be honest . I have just weighed them both brush complete with jets and hose and jg fitting
Gardiners supream weight 248 grams
X line DuPont weight 282 grams
Using them the difference in weight isn’t noticeable Ime surprised really

hmmmm I'd be interested in the xline standard dupont off you, dose it have rinse bar or pencils?  Is it like a brick thou?

paul alan

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2018, 06:31:39 pm »
Gardiner Ultimate dupont is a very good all rounder.

The natural bristle really grabs the glass, way much more scrubbing power than a standard brush. A bit harder to manoeuvre when cleaning above a long conny as it doesn't glide very well.

Avo

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2018, 06:32:39 pm »
Ultimate dupont??  It's so hard to choose it's like buying a van without driving it first haha. I don't mind the soft nature of a brush as I tie down pads to the rear scraper.

paul alan

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2018, 06:32:45 pm »
I lately purchased two of the white brushes I think they're designed for extra durability but slightly heavier what do you guys think about those

Depends on which white brushes your talking about?