dazmond

Re: New heater fitted by Grippa
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2018, 10:33:24 pm »
I have an electric reel yes but I am getting and will get far more than that temp,don’t forget Daz I’ve had a heater for over 12 years m8 I’m not a newbie to hot water I was getting more than that from my 5kw.

unless you have a second pump constantly recirculating hot water back to the tank you WONT get piping hot water at the brush end on a freezing cold day with all your hose off the reel even with the 9kw heater on full blast,itll be warm but not hot.....
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2018, 10:35:59 am »
They have set me up a bypass back to tank next to the hose reel so I can plug straight back into tank,I don’t dead end I walk back to the van with the flow still going and then into the bypass.

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2018, 04:20:44 pm »
They have set me up a bypass back to tank next to the hose reel so I can plug straight back into tank,I don’t dead end I walk back to the van with the flow still going and then into the bypass.

ive got the same set up as you nigel but no need to keep the water on when walking back to the van your just wasting water...you can dead end it for at least a couple of mins before the heater will go into its shut down cycle....

NWH

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2018, 04:58:36 pm »
I’ve got an endless supply m8 lol I don’t need to scrimp on water.

NWH

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2018, 05:01:21 pm »
They’ve also fitted me a connection so I can go to a 2 man setup at anytime on the other side of the heater,just need another reel and pump and I’m away.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2018, 06:02:48 pm »
I’ve got an endless supply m8 lol I don’t need to scrimp on water.

You will be creating an ice rink on those freezing days.  ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2018, 06:09:32 pm »
For a (self-proclaimed)veteran hot water user, who earns mega-bucks and can buy any car he likes.... one seems awfully over exited over a cheap water heater!! ;D
Comfortably Numb!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2018, 06:38:02 pm »
I would like hot water
But I ain't paying thousands and then £80 a month running costs to get it
You can have a few extra holidays instead
Or an Italian suit or two
Or a home cinema system
The list is endless
They are all more exciting as well :D

Splash & dash

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2018, 07:20:30 pm »
I would like hot water
Or a home cinema system
The list is endless

I think the things that should be considered are
How much more can I earn using hot water ?
How much time can I save ?
How much easier is my working day going to be using hot water ?
How much can I save in chemicals that arnt needed as often when using hot ?
There are many more questions that could be posed but these ones do make quite a difference I would never go back to cold water £80 a week isn’t cheap I admit but it pays for its self with more productiverty , less time per job , better finish , easier hose handling in cold months, less chemicals needed many times none needed at all , first cleans or infrequent work much quicker , so all in all I think it’s good value for money , untill you have used hot , I don’t mean a tank full of warm water either when you use it every day you will notice a big difference, I understand some cannot afford it or don’t want to pay for it that’s fair enough , just try washing your dishes with cold water , it’s exactly the same as cleaning windows much quicker especially if you are near the coast with salt etc , I wish I had swapped over long before I did best move I have made since going wfp

Dave Willis

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2018, 07:25:20 pm »
I know what you mean - I have a terrible time getting Weetabix off windows with cold water. A full roast can take ages.

Splash & dash

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2018, 07:33:17 pm »
I know what you mean - I have a terrible time getting Weetabix off windows with cold water. A full roast can take ages.
;D ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2018, 08:03:03 pm »
Did a first clean today, green sills, manky, hadn’t been cleaned properly for years. I Couldn’t believe how easy it cleaned up with hot. It was like a hot knife through butter.

I reckon it’s costing me £40 per week to use the heater non stop, 8 hours a day. For me it’s well worth it.

Anything to make my working day easier and/or more enjoyable.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2018, 09:15:32 pm »
I would like hot water
Or a home cinema system
The list is endless

Each to their own.....I don't scrimp on equipment for work as I spend 25- 30 hours a week window cleaning so I make it as easy and comfortable as possible.....

Dry Clean

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2018, 10:16:40 pm »
I would like hot water
Or a home cinema system
The list is endless

Each to their own.....I don't scrimp on equipment for work as I spend 25- 30 hours a week window cleaning so I make it as easy and comfortable as possible.....

NWH

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2018, 10:39:00 pm »
Dry clean I must just add that these heaters don’t work on terrace-small semis and semi detached bungalows,just letting you know before you think abut getting 1 pal.

Dry Clean

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2018, 10:51:31 pm »
Dry clean I must just add that these heaters don’t work on terrace-small semis and semi detached bungalows,just letting you know before you think abut getting 1 pal.

Totally agree mate.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2018, 11:11:28 pm »
I think there is a gap in the market for a more affordable hot water system than the diesel option both in product cost and runing cost.  I am having a prototype product built at the moment which I hope to see in the next month or so to test the idea. I hope to bring it to the market next year and make hot water easy and accessable to everyone here, including me. Somewhere in between cheap and unreliable gas and expensive complicated diesel lies the answer. I think my idea will be a winner. Fingers crossed the first version works for us. 
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2018, 11:21:02 pm »
I do fancy a hot system.
I could buy a diesel heater but can't justify it in my head
I'll patiently wait and see what you come up with Lee

P @ F

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2018, 12:58:10 am »
Unreliable gas !!!!

How so , If gas is in the bottle it works , if the bottle is empty it dont !

Me thinks you really wanted to say unsafe gas , but did not want to alienate all current gas users as you may well have the answer to a realistically priced method of heating water  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

jonboywalton75

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2018, 06:26:21 am »
Just wondering, is gas not a realistic way of heating water? Not a rhetorical question, I'm seriously asking?
Also, I don't fancy the idea of a gas bottle in the back of my van, apart from the cost factor.