NWH

New heater fitted by Grippa
« on: November 11, 2018, 07:53:07 pm »
Got my van back yesterday with new 9kw heater fitted with stackable reel stand,the service from collection to drop off was 1st class they kept me updated on a daily basis and dropped it back to me bang on when they said they would.
I can’t believe how quiet there heater is and I now have water piping hot for winter,a big thanks to Oliver and his team.

Pete Thompson

Re: New heater fitted by Grippa
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 12:07:37 am »
9kw heater... I now have water piping hot for winter.
*piping warm

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 08:54:18 am »
Got my van back yesterday with new 9kw heater fitted with stackable reel stand,the service from collection to drop off was 1st class they kept me updated on a daily basis and dropped it back to me bang on when they said they would.
I can’t believe how quiet there heater is and I now have water piping hot for winter,a big thanks to Oliver and his team.

im not sure whether you can call these heaters quiet!mine sounds like a jumbo jet ticking over on the runway when the burner kicks in.......the sound is ace though...i like it...... ;D

ive no idea how loud your other heater was though nigel.........enjoy your new heater.....

did you get a second pump fitted too with a return to tank?or just one pump with a return to tank?cheers....
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 10:53:53 am »
The water is by no way warm it’s very hot my other 1 was as hot but it wasn’t as consistent with the heat,sounds like another cold user.
Cheers Daz it’s nice to be hot again m8.

cleaniac

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 11:05:52 am »
Do the heaters run of the diesel tank in the van?

Pete Thompson

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 02:25:39 pm »
The water is by no way warm it’s very hot my other 1 was as hot but it wasn’t as consistent with the heat,sounds like another cold user.

Lol, no I use hot too, and would never go back to cold.  I use it all year round, you can't beat it.

Actually I'll hold my hands up this time and admit I was wrong.  The 3kw heater will produce warm water in the winter, but the 9kw will indeed produce water that is hot hot hot even when it's sub-zero outside.

Enjoy

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 03:23:09 pm »

yep they do......mine costs me £4 -£5 a day in diesel so around £80 a month in extra diesel costs.....i only use around £40 a month driving around so my fuel bill for the month is around £120 for both...i can live with that.... ;)

NWH

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 03:38:06 pm »
Mines plumbed into the van tank like the original 1 I had,and yes this 9kw 1 is very hot water

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 03:47:48 pm »

Lol, no I use hot too, and would never go back to cold.  I use it all year round, you can't beat it.

Actually I'll hold my hands up this time and admit I was wrong.  The 3kw heater will produce warm water in the winter, but the 9kw will indeed produce water that is hot hot hot even when it's sub-zero outside.

Enjoy

the 9kw heater DOES NOT produce very hot water at the brush end on a very cold winters day with frost on the ground and 100 m of microbore OFF the reel....the temperature will be around 25c-30c at brush end.....which is just as well or you d be cracking glass..... ;D......you lose an awful lot of heat with all your hose out.....

however if you were cleaning your van with say 10m of hose OFF the reel itll be too hot to put your hand under it for long at the brush end!even on a very cold day!.......

NWH

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 06:52:06 pm »
Daz I don’t know why your saying your getting that kind of temp m8 my old 5kw heater with a 100 out the van used to be hot enough to crack glass,I used that heater for around 12 years. This new heater even on cold days will have to be turned down or it will break glass easily,are you sure they’ve given you the right burner m8 😂

jonboywalton75

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 07:15:12 pm »
Sounds like Daz is not getting good value for his £80 per month(which BTW is more than I pay to heat my house for a month 😱😱😱😱😱)

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 08:07:55 pm »
Daz I don’t know why your saying your getting that kind of temp m8 my old 5kw heater with a 100 out the van used to be hot enough to crack glass,I used that heater for around 12 years. This new heater even on cold days will have to be turned down or it will break glass easily,are you sure they’ve given you the right burner m8 😂

yes....and oliver at grippatank told me id get 25c-30c at brush end on a very cold day with 100M off the reel and he was right.....no window cleaner in the right mind would want very hot water on a freezing cold day for cleaning windows...your asking for trouble...

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2018, 08:31:33 pm »
Sounds like Daz is not getting good value for his £80 per month(which BTW is more than I pay to heat my house for a month 😱😱😱😱😱)

the first hour i worked today paid my diesel heater costs for the whole month(2x £40 houses cleaned in an hour) ;) ;D

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2018, 08:38:16 pm »

the temperature at the brush end will vary greatly depending on ambient air temperature,hose off the reel,how cold the ground is and the original temperature in the tank before heating.....mine varies greatly according to the aforementioned 4 things.....

Dry Clean

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2018, 08:39:38 pm »

the first hour i worked today paid my diesel heater costs for the whole month(2x £40 houses cleaned in an hour) ;) ;D

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2018, 08:46:36 pm »

do you have electric reels too nigel?

Splash & dash

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2018, 09:23:17 pm »

yep they do......mine costs me £4 -£5 a day in diesel so around £80 a month in extra diesel costs.....i only use around £40 a month driving around so my fuel bill for the month is around £120 for both...i can live with that.... ;)

I have no idear how your fuel bill is so low I put £60-80 per week in diesel in and we don’t do a lot of mileage , with my other van that has a cold system I put £50 in every two weeks both vans do similar mileage

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2018, 09:46:15 pm »

I have no idear how your fuel bill is so low I put £60-80 per week in diesel in and we don’t do a lot of mileage , with my other van that has a cold system I put £50 in every two weeks both vans do similar mileage

im only part time these days mate...(5 or 6 hours a day 4 or 5 days a week)i do keep my heater running all day though(but without a second pump)

mine is the webasto thermo pro 90......

Splash & dash

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2018, 10:02:14 pm »

im only part time these days mate...(5 or 6 hours a day 4 or 5 days a week)i do keep my heater running all day though(but without a second pump)

mine is the webasto thermo pro 90......

Ok mine is running 8 hours a day 5 days a week with two pumps , same model as yours

NWH

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2018, 10:13:32 pm »
I have an electric reel yes but I am getting and will get far more than that temp,don’t forget Daz I’ve had a heater for over 12 years m8 I’m not a newbie to hot water I was getting more than that from my 5kw.

dazmond

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2018, 10:33:24 pm »
I have an electric reel yes but I am getting and will get far more than that temp,don’t forget Daz I’ve had a heater for over 12 years m8 I’m not a newbie to hot water I was getting more than that from my 5kw.

unless you have a second pump constantly recirculating hot water back to the tank you WONT get piping hot water at the brush end on a freezing cold day with all your hose off the reel even with the 9kw heater on full blast,itll be warm but not hot.....

NWH

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2018, 10:35:59 am »
They have set me up a bypass back to tank next to the hose reel so I can plug straight back into tank,I don’t dead end I walk back to the van with the flow still going and then into the bypass.

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2018, 04:20:44 pm »
They have set me up a bypass back to tank next to the hose reel so I can plug straight back into tank,I don’t dead end I walk back to the van with the flow still going and then into the bypass.

ive got the same set up as you nigel but no need to keep the water on when walking back to the van your just wasting water...you can dead end it for at least a couple of mins before the heater will go into its shut down cycle....

NWH

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2018, 04:58:36 pm »
I’ve got an endless supply m8 lol I don’t need to scrimp on water.

NWH

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2018, 05:01:21 pm »
They’ve also fitted me a connection so I can go to a 2 man setup at anytime on the other side of the heater,just need another reel and pump and I’m away.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2018, 06:02:48 pm »
I’ve got an endless supply m8 lol I don’t need to scrimp on water.

You will be creating an ice rink on those freezing days.  ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2018, 06:09:32 pm »
For a (self-proclaimed)veteran hot water user, who earns mega-bucks and can buy any car he likes.... one seems awfully over exited over a cheap water heater!! ;D
Comfortably Numb!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2018, 06:38:02 pm »
I would like hot water
But I ain't paying thousands and then £80 a month running costs to get it
You can have a few extra holidays instead
Or an Italian suit or two
Or a home cinema system
The list is endless
They are all more exciting as well :D

Splash & dash

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2018, 07:20:30 pm »
I would like hot water
Or a home cinema system
The list is endless

I think the things that should be considered are
How much more can I earn using hot water ?
How much time can I save ?
How much easier is my working day going to be using hot water ?
How much can I save in chemicals that arnt needed as often when using hot ?
There are many more questions that could be posed but these ones do make quite a difference I would never go back to cold water £80 a week isn’t cheap I admit but it pays for its self with more productiverty , less time per job , better finish , easier hose handling in cold months, less chemicals needed many times none needed at all , first cleans or infrequent work much quicker , so all in all I think it’s good value for money , untill you have used hot , I don’t mean a tank full of warm water either when you use it every day you will notice a big difference, I understand some cannot afford it or don’t want to pay for it that’s fair enough , just try washing your dishes with cold water , it’s exactly the same as cleaning windows much quicker especially if you are near the coast with salt etc , I wish I had swapped over long before I did best move I have made since going wfp

Dave Willis

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2018, 07:25:20 pm »
I know what you mean - I have a terrible time getting Weetabix off windows with cold water. A full roast can take ages.

Splash & dash

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2018, 07:33:17 pm »
I know what you mean - I have a terrible time getting Weetabix off windows with cold water. A full roast can take ages.
;D ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2018, 08:03:03 pm »
Did a first clean today, green sills, manky, hadn’t been cleaned properly for years. I Couldn’t believe how easy it cleaned up with hot. It was like a hot knife through butter.

I reckon it’s costing me £40 per week to use the heater non stop, 8 hours a day. For me it’s well worth it.

Anything to make my working day easier and/or more enjoyable.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2018, 09:15:32 pm »
I would like hot water
Or a home cinema system
The list is endless

Each to their own.....I don't scrimp on equipment for work as I spend 25- 30 hours a week window cleaning so I make it as easy and comfortable as possible.....

Dry Clean

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2018, 10:16:40 pm »
I would like hot water
Or a home cinema system
The list is endless

Each to their own.....I don't scrimp on equipment for work as I spend 25- 30 hours a week window cleaning so I make it as easy and comfortable as possible.....

NWH

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2018, 10:39:00 pm »
Dry clean I must just add that these heaters don’t work on terrace-small semis and semi detached bungalows,just letting you know before you think abut getting 1 pal.

Dry Clean

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2018, 10:51:31 pm »
Dry clean I must just add that these heaters don’t work on terrace-small semis and semi detached bungalows,just letting you know before you think abut getting 1 pal.

Totally agree mate.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2018, 11:11:28 pm »
I think there is a gap in the market for a more affordable hot water system than the diesel option both in product cost and runing cost.  I am having a prototype product built at the moment which I hope to see in the next month or so to test the idea. I hope to bring it to the market next year and make hot water easy and accessable to everyone here, including me. Somewhere in between cheap and unreliable gas and expensive complicated diesel lies the answer. I think my idea will be a winner. Fingers crossed the first version works for us. 
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2018, 11:21:02 pm »
I do fancy a hot system.
I could buy a diesel heater but can't justify it in my head
I'll patiently wait and see what you come up with Lee

P @ F

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2018, 12:58:10 am »
Unreliable gas !!!!

How so , If gas is in the bottle it works , if the bottle is empty it dont !

Me thinks you really wanted to say unsafe gas , but did not want to alienate all current gas users as you may well have the answer to a realistically priced method of heating water  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

jonboywalton75

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2018, 06:26:21 am »
Just wondering, is gas not a realistic way of heating water? Not a rhetorical question, I'm seriously asking?
Also, I don't fancy the idea of a gas bottle in the back of my van, apart from the cost factor.

jonny thompson

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2018, 07:01:14 am »
My unreliable gas has been working fine for the past 6 years , or for a set up of £250 and £10 a week on gas

Shrek

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2018, 07:31:03 am »
My unreliable gas has been working fine for the past 6 years , or for a set up of £250 and £10 a week on gas

Bottom line is , you won’t get a decent plumber or corgi registered gas fitter to fit a gas canister in your van. That should tell you something

dazmond

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2018, 08:05:25 am »
I would like hot water
Or a home cinema system
The list is endless

insulate your tank and get an immersion heater...im sure nathan and a few other guys would give you some tips......it shouldnt cost you too much....

jonboywalton75

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2018, 08:08:29 am »
That sounds an option Daz
I can still have a nice holiday with the £££££', s I save 😁
(I'm not a carefree bachelor like you)

dazmond

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2018, 08:11:32 am »
I think there is a gap in the market for a more affordable hot water system than the diesel option both in product cost and runing cost.  I am having a prototype product built at the moment which I hope to see in the next month or so to test the idea. I hope to bring it to the market next year and make hot water easy and accessable to everyone here, including me. Somewhere in between cheap and unreliable gas and expensive complicated diesel lies the answer. I think my idea will be a winner. Fingers crossed the first version works for us.

you said the same last year.......

dazmond

« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2018, 08:20:06 am »

good for you...ive had various gas heaters over the years,their nowhere near as safe and reliable as a diesel heater though......also the flame used to go out 2 or 3 times  a day on a windy day!plus if you forget to unscrew the little drain screw on a freezing night you wake up to a broken heater.......oh and the risk of a gas leak and explosion.......no thanks..

if anything happens like a gas leak you wont be insured either if there is any damage to your van......

Dry Clean

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2018, 08:35:03 am »

Bottom line is , you won’t get a decent plumber or corgi registered gas fitter to fit a gas canister in your van. That should tell you something

Who fits the gas heaters in the vans of mobile caterers/ dog groomers and so on ? if a  gas system is fitted right ( and going by Jonny's results his seems to be ) it  is every bit a safe and reliable as diesel.
Remember the guy on here who blew his eyebrows off with his diy gas system also wrecked his van engine because he didn't know it needed oil, (roll eyes) so he's hardly somebody to listen to on the safety of anything.

dazmond

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2018, 08:58:24 am »

Who fits the gas heaters in the vans of mobile caterers/ dog groomers and so on ? if a  gas system is fitted right ( and going by Jonny's results his seems to be ) it  is every bit a safe and reliable as diesel.
Remember the guy on here who blew his eyebrows off with his diy gas system also wrecked his van engine because he didn't know it needed oil, (roll eyes) so he's hardly somebody to listen to on the safety of anything.

lots of oil  in my old van when i checked but the oil pump wasnt working! ::)roll ;D...i wont make that mistake again thats for sure! :o ;D ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2018, 09:00:25 am »
I think you’ll find caterers have to operate with the cylinder outside of the van by law.

Dry Clean

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2018, 09:15:38 am »
I think you’ll find caterers have to operate with the cylinder outside of the van by law.

Not true just like in caravans its to save on space, it is recommended that if in the vehicle they be put in a vented locker which I would also recommend in a window cleaning van.

Dave Willis

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2018, 09:22:00 am »
Check it out. The cyclinder must be outside on a catering van whilst cooking. Unfortunately windowcleaners being the thickest people on the planet tend to put a gas cylinder, a boiler intended for outdoor use and a source of ignition all within a couple of feet of each other inside a van and kid themselves it’s safe whilst pretending they are insured. You couldn’t make it up!

Jonny 87

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2018, 09:57:10 am »

Not true just like in caravans its to save on space, it is recommended that if in the vehicle they be put in a vented locker which I would also recommend in a window cleaning van.

For me, the bottom line is insurance.

I still am Yet to be shown someone’s insurance policy with it specified “lpg hot water system fitted for window cleaning use”.

Carrying a bottle is one thing, but having a naked flame, gas canister, battery terminals, all within 2 feet of each other..........while your 100 metres away round the back of a property. Tell
Your insurance company that and they will
Run a mile. Or if they don’t, they sure won’t give you all that in writing.

It’s got to be immersion, or diesel at the moment. Anything else is a disaster waiting to happen.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Dry Clean

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2018, 10:37:37 am »
Check it out. The cyclinder must be outside on a catering van whilst cooking. Unfortunately windowcleaners being the thickest people on the planet tend to put a gas cylinder, a boiler intended for outdoor use and a source of ignition all within a couple of feet of each other inside a van and kid themselves it’s safe whilst pretending they are insured. You couldn’t make it up!

Similar to what they do in caravans and motorhomes then ? gas bottle in a vented  locker, flu on heater,  job done, like I have said before you cant say gas is dangerous just because a few don't install it right.

Dry Clean

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2018, 10:44:12 am »

I still am Yet to be shown someone’s insurance policy with it specified “lpg hot water system fitted for window cleaning use”.

Carrying a bottle is one thing, but having a naked flame, gas canister, battery terminals, all within 2 feet of each other..........while your 100 metres away round the back of a property. Tell

It’s got to be immersion, or diesel at the moment. Anything else is a disaster waiting to happen.

Iv reinstalled my gas heater as I have a few fairly bad cladding jobs to do and want to see if it will help remove the need for chemicals (not looking good) as before my insurance doesn't have a problem with it.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2018, 11:00:31 am »
I think its safe to say I have had more gas heaters in my vans than anyone else on here. At least 20 plus over the last 7 years.

So let me be clear about what I mean by unreliable. First I didnt want to say unsafe as we never had a safety issue like a fire ect. Unreliable means, they break very easily in frost, they all cut out after 20min which is a real pain, gas runs out when you dont expect it, they blow out in wind, insurance issues and so on. These are the resons I got rid of them and went with chemicals instead which my team say they prefer.

Hot water is nicer to work with and makes harder cleans less effort. I dont believe it actually earns a person more money, rather makes the job feel easier. I never saw the benefit to such a level that would make me be happy to spend over £4000 per van to have hot water. Especialy as diesel will be only going up and up.

What I am trying to come up with is more aimed at a winter solution to both keeping the van defrosted over night and the hoses from freezing during the day. Summer time with first cleans, con roofs and fascias we prefer chemicals.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2018, 11:03:37 am »
Would be interested to know if anyone successfully insured their van with gas installed on it.  When I was doing my research before I went hot I checked with a few insurance companies who said they won't cover the gas and would invalifldate the policy if its not declared.  All were fine with a deisel heaters.

I know it's been asked before but always  seems to gets ignored... But which insurance companies accept gas?

Or have you not told your insurance company?
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

cleaniac

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2018, 11:05:00 am »
Would be interested to know if anyone successfully insured their van with gas installed on it.  When I was doing my research before I went hot I checked with a few insurance companies who said they won't cover the gas and would invalifldate the policy if its not declared.  All were fine with a deisel heaters.

I know it's been asked before but always  seems to gets ignored... But which insurance companies accept gas?

Or have you not told your insurance company?

I have just fitted a Gas Boiler. There are no laws or regulations that its illegal or wrong to transport a gas canister in your van.

As far as insurance is concerned, we all know they will look to find any excuse not to cover you in the event of a payout, they could argue that because you were wearing a red jumper instead of a blue tee shirt at the time of the accident they wont insure you if it stated in the small print that you must wear red jumpers.  ::)roll They could argue that you took some paracetamol and drove and had an incident, they wont pay out...insurance is a just big fraud and a  protection racket now.. :P 

Check your small print, if it doesn't mention transport of gas canisters, then you will be covered, as long as you make sure the gas is turned off, and in a TRANSPORTABLE state at the time of driving. If for example you were using the gas, and heating the water whilst driving, that would be a different story, and well you are an idiot for using the gas whilst driving. Your insurance is valid to transport goods in accordance with the business activity, including gas canisters or petrol, or whatever you need to do your job, that's the point of commercial insurance cover. But it is also your responsibility to transport goods in your van in a safe manner, which the insurance you buy assumes that, and that's not just for gas, that's for anything.  For example you wouldn't put a ladder laid down in the cabin towards the windscreen would you? The insurance company would argue that you didn't transport it safely, but there isn't a ban on transporting ladders is there?? do you get what i am saying.

Use your common sense & get advice... I did from a local gas supply shop and they looked at my application and advised me the following...

Turn off the gas can when not in use, (at the tank) keep the gas canister as far away from the pump and electrical system on your WFP setup. My canister sits behind my driver seat on top of the water tank table as recommended by the gas shop that supplied me the gas and fittings, strapped down with ratchet straps so i can turn it off very quickly in an emergency. The driver window is always open, and when you are finished with the hot water, don't turn off the hot water at the boiler end, leave the boiler running and turn off at the canister end, that way all residue gas in the pipe will get burned off and wont sit there waiting for a spark to ignite it

NWH

« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2018, 11:50:43 am »
They are not designed to be for WFP they are for a quick outdoor camping shower or are handy for washing the dog or horse after a muddy walk,I have 2 to a customer years ago for her horses still works I believe. The new 9kw I have now is completely hidden within the cabinet you’d never know it was there,I’ve spoken to numerous plumbers electricians and engineers when I was first looking to get it mounted properly,they all said the same thing don’t so it.
They work very well but they are toy  like,they have a safety cut off when you’ve used it for 20-25 minutes I I think  i remember rightly what does that tell you.
They would be better for a WC that has it installed at home and just uses it to fill barrels on cold days for a trolley or backpack in the morning before they set off to get him-her through the weather.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2018, 11:53:29 am »
https://www.flogas.co.uk/transport-of-lpg-cylinders

Who are you insured with?  Interested to know which ones have small print that says if its not mentioned then assume you're covered  ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2018, 12:39:33 pm »

Who are you insured with?  Interested to know which ones have small print that says if its not mentioned then assume you're covered  ;D

That’s not how any insurance company works is it.

It’s more like the other way...... “any thing not factory standard and not declared means your uninsured.”

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2018, 12:44:19 pm »

That’s not how any insurance company works is it.

It’s more like the other way...... “any thing not factory standard and not declared means your uninsured.”

Exactly. That's why no one confirms who they are insured with carrying gas in a closed area right next to electrical triggers.

Dave Willis

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2018, 12:47:42 pm »
Jesus, what does it take to get through to some if you? You aren’t just transporting a gas cylinder are you? You’re operating a boiler inside a van right next to a gas bottle. Don’t forget your public liabilty insurance too. Can’t see they would be impressed if they knew how stupid you are 🙄

NWH

« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2018, 12:53:02 pm »
Madness if something went wrong you’ll be saying to yourself if I had to make the decision again I’d beg and borrow to get that 4 grand for a heater that’s suitable for this job get what you pay for.

Dave Willis

« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2018, 12:57:51 pm »

Dave Willis

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2018, 01:15:36 pm »

cleaniac

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2018, 01:46:17 pm »
Interesting thread there about a sealed gas cabinet. That kind of makes sense.

Will look into that.

Dry Clean

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2018, 02:20:59 pm »
Cleaniac you can buy the sealed cabinets on ebay for around £100.

dazmond

« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2018, 04:27:36 pm »
at the end of the day im sooooo glad im not using a cheapo gas shower heater anymore! :D :D

if your earning the money then invest and buy a decent hot system if you want hot water all year round (with frost protection)......

other trades spend thousands on their tools,much more than us window cleaners yet most guys baulk at the thought of spending a few grand on a professional set up.....

if i could have afforded it id of bought a professionally fitted diesel heater YEARS AGO!THEIR ACE! 8) rather than messing about with cheap DIY installs........you live and learn i suppose.....its been a journey! ;D

Spruce

« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2018, 05:09:45 pm »
If anyone wants to know what the inside of a diesel heater looks like then here is a teardown I've just watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5IKRB_NbGg

The hot water heater works in a  similar way. The difference is that it has an external water jacket instead of the fins that air is blown across to produce hot air. It has one fan to blow air into the burning chamber and a water pump to circulate to heated water.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2018, 05:59:58 pm »

This is what mine looks like.....

dazmond

« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2018, 06:03:48 pm »

Reels on fire!!! ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2018, 06:20:00 pm »
Daz...... what hose are you using these days?

The grippa hose seems very “clingy” if that makes sense. Much harder to reel in than my older hose and that’s with a powerup hd.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2018, 06:29:21 pm »

This is my new home cinema system, WHO IS IMPRESSED?????

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2018, 06:35:25 pm »

The grippa hose seems very “clingy” if that makes sense. Much harder to reel in than my older hose and that’s with a powerful hd.

It gets better after a few months buddy.

Jonny 87

« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2018, 06:36:54 pm »

The grippa hose seems very “clingy” if that makes sense. Much harder to reel in than my older hose and that’s with a powerful hd.

It gets better after a few months buddy.

Ah!

That’s good to know. Must be the outer coating of it. I’ll try rough it up a bit quicker.  ;D

Thanks Mate.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2018, 06:38:09 pm »

dazmond

« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2018, 06:50:19 pm »

The grippa hose seems very “clingy” if that makes sense. Much harder to reel in than my older hose and that’s with a powerup hd.

i use the pure freedom red hose because grippa/gardiners had no thermobore in stock when i got my heater installed...TBH its OK....all hose takes a while to wear in esp using hot water...itll be fine in a few months! ;)

jonboywalton75

« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2018, 07:04:45 pm »

NWH

« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2018, 07:25:46 pm »
I love that cinema room great idea ,Daz I didn’t realise you that Pikey upright cabinet 😂 I’ve got the landscape 1 I know you’ll say same performance by the landscape 1 is a lot more easier on the eye m8.

dazmond

« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2018, 07:33:29 pm »

my brother has actually got a cinema room similar to that!(to go with his indoor swimming pool)...yep!you guessed it he s NOT a window cleaner! :)

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2018, 07:43:35 pm »

my brother has actually got a cinema room similar to that!(to go with his indoor swimming pool)...yep!you guessed it he s NOT a window cleaner! :)

It's all about what floats your boat or makes you happy whether it's in business or pleasure.   ;D

dazmond

« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2018, 07:50:05 pm »

It's all about what floats your boat or makes you happy whether it's in business or pleasure.

you could float a boat on our kids indoor swimming pool!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dry Clean

« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2018, 09:13:01 pm »

It's all about what floats your boat or makes you happy whether it's in business or pleasure.

you could float a boat on our kids indoor swimming pool!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Have always said you are the Hyacinth Bucket of window cleaning, lol

NWH

« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2018, 01:33:31 pm »
Get yourself hot water Dry Clean you’d love it,you’ll kick yourself you never did.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2018, 03:03:27 pm »
Get yourself hot water Dry Clean you’d love it,you’ll kick yourself you never did.

Hey now, you're turning into Daz😱😱

Shrek

Re: New heater fitted by Grippa New
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2018, 03:52:36 pm »

Iv reinstalled my gas heater as I have a few fairly bad cladding jobs to do and want to see if it will help remove the need for chemicals (not looking good) as before my insurance doesn't have a problem with it.

Hot water doesn’t clean better than hot don’t you know mr dry clean  ::)roll  ;D