NWH

New heater fitted by Grippa
« on: November 11, 2018, 07:53:07 pm »
Got my van back yesterday with new 9kw heater fitted with stackable reel stand,the service from collection to drop off was 1st class they kept me updated on a daily basis and dropped it back to me bang on when they said they would.
I can’t believe how quiet there heater is and I now have water piping hot for winter,a big thanks to Oliver and his team.

Pete Thompson

Re: New heater fitted by Grippa
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 12:07:37 am »
9kw heater... I now have water piping hot for winter.
*piping warm

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 08:54:18 am »
Got my van back yesterday with new 9kw heater fitted with stackable reel stand,the service from collection to drop off was 1st class they kept me updated on a daily basis and dropped it back to me bang on when they said they would.
I can’t believe how quiet there heater is and I now have water piping hot for winter,a big thanks to Oliver and his team.

im not sure whether you can call these heaters quiet!mine sounds like a jumbo jet ticking over on the runway when the burner kicks in.......the sound is ace though...i like it...... ;D

ive no idea how loud your other heater was though nigel.........enjoy your new heater.....

did you get a second pump fitted too with a return to tank?or just one pump with a return to tank?cheers....
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 10:53:53 am »
The water is by no way warm it’s very hot my other 1 was as hot but it wasn’t as consistent with the heat,sounds like another cold user.
Cheers Daz it’s nice to be hot again m8.

cleaniac

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 11:05:52 am »
Do the heaters run of the diesel tank in the van?

Pete Thompson

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 02:25:39 pm »
The water is by no way warm it’s very hot my other 1 was as hot but it wasn’t as consistent with the heat,sounds like another cold user.

Lol, no I use hot too, and would never go back to cold.  I use it all year round, you can't beat it.

Actually I'll hold my hands up this time and admit I was wrong.  The 3kw heater will produce warm water in the winter, but the 9kw will indeed produce water that is hot hot hot even when it's sub-zero outside.

Enjoy

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 03:23:09 pm »

yep they do......mine costs me £4 -£5 a day in diesel so around £80 a month in extra diesel costs.....i only use around £40 a month driving around so my fuel bill for the month is around £120 for both...i can live with that.... ;)

NWH

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 03:38:06 pm »
Mines plumbed into the van tank like the original 1 I had,and yes this 9kw 1 is very hot water

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 03:47:48 pm »

Lol, no I use hot too, and would never go back to cold.  I use it all year round, you can't beat it.

Actually I'll hold my hands up this time and admit I was wrong.  The 3kw heater will produce warm water in the winter, but the 9kw will indeed produce water that is hot hot hot even when it's sub-zero outside.

Enjoy

the 9kw heater DOES NOT produce very hot water at the brush end on a very cold winters day with frost on the ground and 100 m of microbore OFF the reel....the temperature will be around 25c-30c at brush end.....which is just as well or you d be cracking glass..... ;D......you lose an awful lot of heat with all your hose out.....

however if you were cleaning your van with say 10m of hose OFF the reel itll be too hot to put your hand under it for long at the brush end!even on a very cold day!.......

NWH

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 06:52:06 pm »
Daz I don’t know why your saying your getting that kind of temp m8 my old 5kw heater with a 100 out the van used to be hot enough to crack glass,I used that heater for around 12 years. This new heater even on cold days will have to be turned down or it will break glass easily,are you sure they’ve given you the right burner m8 😂

jonboywalton75

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 07:15:12 pm »
Sounds like Daz is not getting good value for his £80 per month(which BTW is more than I pay to heat my house for a month 😱😱😱😱😱)

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 08:07:55 pm »
Daz I don’t know why your saying your getting that kind of temp m8 my old 5kw heater with a 100 out the van used to be hot enough to crack glass,I used that heater for around 12 years. This new heater even on cold days will have to be turned down or it will break glass easily,are you sure they’ve given you the right burner m8 😂

yes....and oliver at grippatank told me id get 25c-30c at brush end on a very cold day with 100M off the reel and he was right.....no window cleaner in the right mind would want very hot water on a freezing cold day for cleaning windows...your asking for trouble...

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2018, 08:31:33 pm »
Sounds like Daz is not getting good value for his £80 per month(which BTW is more than I pay to heat my house for a month 😱😱😱😱😱)

the first hour i worked today paid my diesel heater costs for the whole month(2x £40 houses cleaned in an hour) ;) ;D

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2018, 08:38:16 pm »

the temperature at the brush end will vary greatly depending on ambient air temperature,hose off the reel,how cold the ground is and the original temperature in the tank before heating.....mine varies greatly according to the aforementioned 4 things.....

Dry Clean

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2018, 08:39:38 pm »

the first hour i worked today paid my diesel heater costs for the whole month(2x £40 houses cleaned in an hour) ;) ;D

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2018, 08:46:36 pm »

do you have electric reels too nigel?

Splash & dash

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2018, 09:23:17 pm »

yep they do......mine costs me £4 -£5 a day in diesel so around £80 a month in extra diesel costs.....i only use around £40 a month driving around so my fuel bill for the month is around £120 for both...i can live with that.... ;)

I have no idear how your fuel bill is so low I put £60-80 per week in diesel in and we don’t do a lot of mileage , with my other van that has a cold system I put £50 in every two weeks both vans do similar mileage

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2018, 09:46:15 pm »

I have no idear how your fuel bill is so low I put £60-80 per week in diesel in and we don’t do a lot of mileage , with my other van that has a cold system I put £50 in every two weeks both vans do similar mileage

im only part time these days mate...(5 or 6 hours a day 4 or 5 days a week)i do keep my heater running all day though(but without a second pump)

mine is the webasto thermo pro 90......

Splash & dash

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2018, 10:02:14 pm »

im only part time these days mate...(5 or 6 hours a day 4 or 5 days a week)i do keep my heater running all day though(but without a second pump)

mine is the webasto thermo pro 90......

Ok mine is running 8 hours a day 5 days a week with two pumps , same model as yours

NWH

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2018, 10:13:32 pm »
I have an electric reel yes but I am getting and will get far more than that temp,don’t forget Daz I’ve had a heater for over 12 years m8 I’m not a newbie to hot water I was getting more than that from my 5kw.