Crystal-clear

Waterproof boots decathlon £13?
« on: November 10, 2018, 08:55:44 am »
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/arpenaz-50-warm-mens-snow-boots-black-id_8344304.html

Someone linked £70 muck boots from superb on recent rain post.
But check these out so much cheaper? Guessing cant be as confortable tho.

Shrek

Re: Waterproof boots decathlon £13?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 09:40:16 am »
Personally I would say , you get what you pay for. Our job is to be on our feet all day so is very important ( to me ) to wear something comfy . Obviously if your on a budget then you can only buy what you can afford.
The muck boots link from Shuperb  I supplied are quality even after a year of wearing them , show no signs of wear , still waterproof,  still as comfy & warm as when I bought them.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 10:15:03 am »
Personally I would say , you get what you pay for. Our job is to be on our feet all day so is very important ( to me ) to wear something comfy . Obviously if your on a budget then you can only buy what you can afford.
The muck boots link from Shuperb  I supplied are quality even after a year of wearing them , show no signs of wear , still waterproof,  still as comfy & warm as when I bought them.
No not really on a budget just don't really know much about things like this lol to be honest with you I'm going to go for the more comfortable ones because it makes complete sense what you say

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 10:36:19 am »
The cheaper end tend to have very thin and flexible soles. You feel every stone through them and after a full day your feet ache.
Comfortably Numb!

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 11:37:36 am »
Personally for me, I need footwear with laces for my feet to feel planted and comfortable. I do rate Decathlon though.
I've been wearing these the last couple of months.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/sh100-mens-warm-blue-boots-id_8367614.html

£24.99. Light, warm,waterproof and comfortable straight out the box.
I could afford more but choose not to. At the end of the day they're for work only and work good enough to earn money rather than spend it unecessarily.

Even if they were to fall apart by spring, they'd have done their job. ;)

lal

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 02:03:29 pm »

I bought a pair of Muck boots well over a year ago, mainly for keeping my feet dry, as every other allegedly waterproof footwear
  i had bought in the past failed,  well the Muck boots have kept my feet 100% Dry since day 1, they are also warm & comfortable,
  there are no signs of wear yet, i can't fault them, i would highly recommend them to anyone in our business. if these ever wear
  out, i will definitely be buying Muck boots again.

Regards
  Larry

callum99

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 06:38:27 pm »
They will kill your feet me think, and admittedly they will be dry from rain but your socks will be soaked from sweat as they don’t breath

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 09:16:34 am »
i nipped to our local decathlon yesterday for some new hiking trousers(my other ones got caught on a nail and ripped)...

quechua £40...highly recommended....these are great for cold wet winter days and their warm,waterproof and comfy as hell.they also have 4 zipped pockets which is handy.....
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 10:18:12 am »
i nipped to our local decathlon yesterday for some new hiking trousers(my other ones got caught on a nail and ripped)...

quechua £40...highly recommended....these are great for cold wet winter days and their warm,waterproof and comfy as hell.they also have 4 zipped pockets which is handy.....

Daz , I dont suppose you checked out the boots this thread is about did you ?
If so , how thick were the soles , are they the type that you feel every stone in ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Crystal-clear

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 10:32:42 am »
I actually live down to decathlon myself spent about £110
A £70 waterproof jackets that has a body warmer section as well that you can take off.
Neck warmer head warmer
Waterproof trousers that go over your trousers.
I also bought some sunglasses.and some really warm gloves for £9
I also tried on the boots they're really good but I want to find some muck boots and they don't have those for sale they have the cheaper kind.
Those £25 boots though look pretty good for the money.

cleaniac

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 10:40:16 am »
I found it doesnt matter how much i spend on boots they only last around 8 months.

I wear builders waterproof fleece lined safety rubber wellies. Steel toe, steel sole they have saved my feet numerous times whilst doing all sorts of window cleans, from drain covers not closed properly, to building rubble left from extensions, i really do not have to worry about where i walk and what i walk on. £22 wickes. I buy two pairs a year and that that.

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 04:06:36 pm »

Daz , I dont suppose you checked out the boots this thread is about did you ?
If so , how thick were the soles , are they the type that you feel every stone in ?

no.i did see them but never picked them up to have a proper look at them.i wear grey caterpillar safety boots(with composite toe).warm,waterproof and very tough and hardwearing...had them over a year and no sign of wear yet...best boots ive owned to date....they werent cheap though...i think i paid in the region of £120 for them....
price higher/work harder!

Plankton

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2018, 07:42:17 pm »
For windows I prefer something light, waterproof and breathable. Which these are... https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/salomon-rhossili-gtx-mens-walking-shoes-p461585

And for anything else it's wellies.

deeege

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2018, 06:39:14 am »
I also find that boots last me 6 months tops no matter what brand/price they are. For that reason I now buy the cheaper ones. This time I’m on these:-

https://www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/QW1262/Trespass-Mens-Finley-Mid-Waterproof-Hiking-Boots-Black-Golden-Brown

Have had them for 3 months so far and no sign of leaks or failure yet. They have kept their shape way better than the Karrimor range do aswell.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Dave Willis

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2018, 12:57:20 pm »
To be honest, you’re on the wrong forum. Only post how expensive your kit was in future! Any more posts like this and I’ll have to report you. The only alternative will be if you post some ridiculously high takings for the day.

Shrek

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2018, 06:09:48 pm »
just an update on the decathlon boots I posted a link to. I've been cleaning garage doors, gsf"s all day today so got pretty wet. Fabric of the boots wet through but my socks not even damp. £25 well spent I'd say  ;).

Also had my best day yet.
Nearly made it to 100.....but I did get 2 cups of tea and a free sandwich ! Happy days  :) :) :)

See how they are in a year and then you’ll know if they’re worth it  :)