P @ F

Re: Transit custom slow turn over
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2018, 02:06:07 pm »
Well we know the light is working as it should then  ;D
Its just a matter of finding out if the plugs are dead now !
I would not worry about that just yet though , the battery is the more likely culprit TBH , got any friendly w/c's around you who would swap the batteries over for a test ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

zesty

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2018, 03:22:49 pm »
Well we know the light is working as it should then  ;D
Its just a matter of finding out if the plugs are dead now !
I would not worry about that just yet though , the battery is the more likely culprit TBH , got any friendly w/c's around you who would swap the batteries over for a test ?

Unfortunately not, I’ll take it to my mechanic, he should be able to check the battery etc, or I’ll just think sod it, and buy a new battery anyway.

It certainly turns over better when everthjngs warmed up. Then again the battery isn’t working as hard when the engines warm to turn it over?

I’ve had it on some cold mornings really struggle and it also seems to wipe all my trip computer data (mpg etc) ? Doesn’t effect the mileage mind! As I say, the dials flicker about whilst it’s trying to turn over, then when it finally does, the dials take a couple of seconds to move into position. Very odd. Only happens when engines cold, so only in the mornings on cold days...

P @ F

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2018, 05:17:30 pm »
Sounds more and more like the battery to me , with what its doing to the needles and trip comp .
I think its more the battery thats not liking the cold not the engine or plugs .
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

mufcglen

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2018, 05:57:34 pm »
Will be battery pal, don’t start looking deeper until you’ve had it drop tested at least if you’d not sure about buying one but these ford battery’s are notoriously hit n miss crap.
The reason it starts ok after its been run a fe mins is probably because overnight your battery isn’t holding charge and if its enough to start first thing, the few mins running will be putting a quick charge into it.
I’d just swap it out, as soon as we get really cold weather it will kill it and cost you time off work.
Can get a 3 year warranty battery from the likes of euro car parts for £60-£70 ;)

Johnny B

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2018, 08:13:45 pm »
I had this with my old Fiesta van. It was getting slower to start, and the dials went haywire when operating the starter.

A new battery sorted it.

John.
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

zesty

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2018, 10:14:31 pm »
Nice one guys, I’ll get a battery sorted!