Splash & dash

Re: No nonsense/ 1st clean
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2018, 06:08:09 pm »
On first cleans I generally on use pure water.
But if im doing any FSG and conservatory roof cleaning I will nearly always use the No nonsense degreaser and add a splash of Pvcu solvent cleaner that I get from Toolstation:
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/Cleaning+%26+Pest+Control/d260/Window+Cleaning/sd3231/PVCu+Solvent+Cleaner/p31464

If it's a property that im cleaning for the first time and doing the whole house (all plastics and windows) I will generally soap the glass and frames up with the No nonsense/ solvent cleaner mix also before giving it all a good scrub and rinse with pure water.

I don't tend to give chemical cleaners a lot of thought to be honest and have used household Flash etc. in the past and have been satisfied with the results.
But I do reckon the No nonsense/ solvent cleaner mix is the best I've tried.
It works well at removing the dirt and grime and leaves a clean shiny finish to the plastics and glass.

How do you manage to mix a water based product with a solvent based product the two won’t mix bit like oil and water wont miix ???

andyM

Re: No nonsense/ 1st clean
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2018, 08:21:07 pm »
On first cleans I generally on use pure water.
But if im doing any FSG and conservatory roof cleaning I will nearly always use the No nonsense degreaser and add a splash of Pvcu solvent cleaner that I get from Toolstation:
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/Cleaning+%26+Pest+Control/d260/Window+Cleaning/sd3231/PVCu+Solvent+Cleaner/p31464

If it's a property that im cleaning for the first time and doing the whole house (all plastics and windows) I will generally soap the glass and frames up with the No nonsense/ solvent cleaner mix also before giving it all a good scrub and rinse with pure water.

I don't tend to give chemical cleaners a lot of thought to be honest and have used household Flash etc. in the past and have been satisfied with the results.
But I do reckon the No nonsense/ solvent cleaner mix is the best I've tried.
It works well at removing the dirt and grime and leaves a clean shiny finish to the plastics and glass.

How do you manage to mix a water based product with a solvent based product the two won’t mix bit like oil and water wont miix ???

Don't ask me?
It could be the same way they get the bubbles in Aero chocolate bars I suppose?
One of the Plebs