« on: November 07, 2018, 04:05:15 pm »
Hello

Got a 1st clean not to horrendous

But run out of virosol

So got no nonsense

What’s the ratio
Have 25 ltr barrels

Read through old posts
Looks like 25-30 millilitres for 25 litres of pure?

I see a lot of you use more!

Take it no ones had problems
Someone said same ph as virosol

Any advice 👍
Windows upvc

Thanks lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

chris turner

Re: No nonsense/ 1st clean
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 06:04:25 pm »
I don't use no nonsense as found something better. However the best way to use any chemicals like this ( ubik, virasol, no nonsense) is neat.
Fill up a 1 litre spray bottle of neat chemicals, soak the window in water before spraying the chemical, only needs a couple of squirts. Work it in, leave for 30 secs if you have time, then wash off.
For top windows just spray the chems on the brush.

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 06:50:55 pm »
I don't use no nonsense as found something better. However the best way to use any chemicals like this ( ubik, virasol, no nonsense) is neat.
Fill up a 1 litre spray bottle of neat chemicals, soak the window in water before spraying the chemical, only needs a couple of squirts. Work it in, leave for 30 secs if you have time, then wash off.
Yep, just how I do it too.
Tbh , I've tried loads of these products and find flash just as good / cheaper and available everywhere. Lidls and Aldis equivalents are even cheaper and bigger bottles .

Den68

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 07:25:16 pm »

What do you use? As I use no nonsense.

John Mart

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 08:06:55 pm »
We just use pure water.  ;)

lee_dewing

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 08:11:07 pm »
Thanks everyone 👍

Thanks Chris

I think it was you who started using it 1st

Are you using tfr20 now?
http://ukupvccleaningsupplies.co.uk/product/caustic-super-high-strentgh-tfr/

chris turner

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 08:50:30 pm »
Thanks everyone 👍

Thanks Chris

Are you using tfr20 now?

Don't get me wrong no nonsense is good. I used it for a while and it does the job. I just wanted something a bit stronger and worked quicker.
I now use a product from a local cleaning supplies shop. It's an extra heavy duty cleaner/degreaser made by merlin. Used neat it melts through dirt and almost all stains like a hot knife through butter.  Doesn't stain plastics and can be used on pretty much any surface safely.

chris turner

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 08:59:42 pm »
Back on topic though...
Definitely try no nonsense neat, if your unsure though then maybe try a test patch first.
Don't be fiddling around diluting. If you want results and want them quick, use neat.
I carry a 1 litre unger bottle on a belt with me at all times whilst working. A quick spray and bye bye bird poop, bird strikes, snail trails, brown plant stains on sills etc etc.

Den68

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 09:03:27 pm »
Will have to give that a whirl when my other degreaser as run out.
Thanks matenice one.

Splash & dash

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 09:18:48 pm »

This is dangerous advice manufacturers put dilution rates on there products for a reason , it’s not generaly designed to be used neat , virosol if used neat can and does permanently stain white plastics yellow especially on older plastics where the vu coating is old and comes off a milky white colour , you only have to put neat virosol on a concrete path and see what it does to that same with Tarmac , use it undiluted at your peril you will get caught out one day

paul alan

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 09:19:55 pm »
Thanks everyone 👍

Thanks Chris

Are you using tfr20 now?

I use the vision caustic tfr, top stuff.

paul alan

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2018, 09:22:08 pm »

This is dangerous advice manufacturers put dilution rates on there products for a reason , it’s not generaly designed to be used neat , virosol if used neat can and does permanently stain white plastics yellow especially on older plastics where the vu coating is old and comes off a milky white colour , you only have to put neat virosol on a concrete path and see what it does to that same with Tarmac , use it undiluted at your peril you will get caught out one day

If soaking the window first, technically its not neat. It could be as low as 50/50 depending on how wet the window is.

Splash & dash

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2018, 09:42:45 pm »

If soaking the window first, technically its not neat. It could be as low as 50/50 depending on how wet the window is.

Evan so it’s still considerably stronger than the manufacturers recommended dilution rate

chris turner

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2018, 10:08:03 pm »

Evan so it’s still considerably stronger than the manufacturers recommended dilution rate

Never really tried virasol neat so can't speak about that. Ubik and no nonsense are fine as long you wet the surface first.

As I said if unsure then try a test patch first.

The stuff I use currently doesn't stain even when sprayed neat directly on to dry surfaces and left to dry.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2018, 10:11:29 pm »

DO NOT USE VIROSOL NEAT!!it can stain plastic....always dilute and dont leave to dwell too long.....
price higher/work harder!

lee_dewing

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2018, 09:58:52 am »
Hi Chris have you a link

For merlin product?

Tried merlin website but under maintenance, offline 😐
Many thanks

lee_dewing

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 11:55:30 am »
MERLIN H2 CITRUS POWER CLEAN H-D CLEANER

Is this it?

lee_dewing

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2018, 12:06:59 pm »

jo5hm4n

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2018, 01:13:46 pm »
We fill up a 750ml Spray bottle with between 50-100% neat of No Nonsense Degreaser.  Spray it onto brush, then straight onto glass.  If it's a hot day or in summer we pre soak the windows first.  This time of year pre soak isn't needed, but wetting the window a little has a better spread of chemical on the surface.  Tried all the other chemicals and we are happy with this one and we can get it from our local store if we run out.

We use on all first cleans, cuts through the dirt straight away.

andyM

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2018, 03:35:07 pm »
On first cleans I generally on use pure water.
But if im doing any FSG and conservatory roof cleaning I will nearly always use the No nonsense degreaser and add a splash of Pvcu solvent cleaner that I get from Toolstation:
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/Cleaning+%26+Pest+Control/d260/Window+Cleaning/sd3231/PVCu+Solvent+Cleaner/p31464

If it's a property that im cleaning for the first time and doing the whole house (all plastics and windows) I will generally soap the glass and frames up with the No nonsense/ solvent cleaner mix also before giving it all a good scrub and rinse with pure water.

I don't tend to give chemical cleaners a lot of thought to be honest and have used household Flash etc. in the past and have been satisfied with the results.
But I do reckon the No nonsense/ solvent cleaner mix is the best I've tried.
It works well at removing the dirt and grime and leaves a clean shiny finish to the plastics and glass.
One of the Plebs

Splash & dash

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2018, 06:08:09 pm »
But if im doing any FSG and conservatory roof cleaning I will nearly always use the No nonsense degreaser and add a splash of Pvcu solvent cleaner that I get from Toolstation:
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/Cleaning+%26+Pest+Control/d260/Window+Cleaning/sd3231/PVCu+Solvent+Cleaner/p31464

If it's a property that im cleaning for the first time and doing the whole house (all plastics and windows) I will generally soap the glass and frames up with the No nonsense/ solvent cleaner mix also before giving it all a good scrub and rinse with pure water.

I don't tend to give chemical cleaners a lot of thought to be honest and have used household Flash etc. in the past and have been satisfied with the results.
It works well at removing the dirt and grime and leaves a clean shiny finish to the plastics and glass.

How do you manage to mix a water based product with a solvent based product the two won’t mix bit like oil and water wont miix ???

andyM

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2018, 08:21:07 pm »

How do you manage to mix a water based product with a solvent based product the two won’t mix bit like oil and water wont miix ???

Don't ask me?
It could be the same way they get the bubbles in Aero chocolate bars I suppose?
One of the Plebs