What's your five year business plan?
« on: May 03, 2005, 08:46:11 pm »
I personally would love to be in the position of 'managing' a window cleaning company, my own of course, rather than working for it.  I mean I would like to organise who does what; when and only leave to office to check up on the guys/gals, or to price work up?

Whether I achieve it or not; I don't know.  We're relatively small cheese - been going for just over two years - but not doing too badly and growing bigger all the time; without really trying.  I've picked up £170 pounds worth of monthly work this week in the shape of a small hotel (23 rooms) and the manager's house next to it.

We've got over a 'full round', and have improved the quality of our work greatly over the past few months (partly thanks to the posters here - thank you) and will shortly be going over to WFP, in order that we can fit more work in during our monthly cycle.  We may look at sub-contrating some work out towards the end of the year.

Anyway, what about you 'orrible lot?  What's your short/medium/long term plans for your business? 

Duke

Re: What's your five year business plan?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 09:02:39 pm »
I'll just keep filtering my round until every job is a good one..(most are now)...put up a couple of prices from time to time....and try and stay on top of it.

s.hughes

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 10:42:22 pm »
I think that as long as you have good work you should be happy with that. Of course some like to manage and thats fine but I find that to manage myself is enough.

Steveyboy

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 10:53:29 pm »
I concur with Duke - by the way Tosh - congrats on getting Fawlty Towers on your round! ;D
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 07:13:39 pm »
I have mixed it in a few interesting jobs in the past and find this is literally a breath of fresh air - if you expand, it will give you (that awful word) kudos, but also could be a nightmare with all the bureacracy/man management - my impression is that management = stress - you are probably fit as a fiddle right now and I reckon thats the most important thing.
My five year plan is to work hard play hard and earn enough to give my little un some great adventures :)

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 08:47:12 pm »
3rd wfp van by end 2006 going onto 2nd end of this year.Today done two blocks of flats £315.00 each.Hard day arms ache but worth it.

ps. get in your local business paper loads of businesses dont even know us wfp users exist
http://www.hoenews.co.uk/features/busfoc/apr05/11.pdf

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 09:07:09 pm »
I concur with Duke - by the way Tosh - congrats on getting Fawlty Towers on your round! ;D

Is that a nick name for it?  Tintern Abbey Hotel!  Bloody awful.  One of the 'modern' windows has a 1894 graffiti scratched into it.  Some of the leaded are really bowed and buckled and must be a few hundred years old.  There's not really much you can do to clean them.  I'm not sure a WFP would be suitable.  They're extremely fragile.

Nice view of the Abbey though.

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 09:08:42 pm »
bureacracy/man management

These are my fortes.

rosskesava

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 09:13:47 pm »
We don't have a 5 year plan but we do have a 'by the end of the year' plan which simply is 2 vehicles and full books of worthwhile jobs.

At the moment we have 1 vehicle and 80% full books of which about 20% is the 'not really worth it' type of job.

This time last year we still had about 80% full books but the time it took us to do a job then was a lot slower than it is now and most of the work we had then was low priced to say the least. A lot of sweat for little return.

Our income now is roughly twice what it was this time last year and I'm planning that by April next year it will be double what it is now.

That and to go more for the rich and famous people's windows. I love the £££££'s and yes, I'm greedy.  ;D

matt

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 10:57:42 pm »
i dont do business plans

i do LIFE plans

and here is mine

to be as happy as i am now ;)

and thats the truth

matt

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2005, 10:58:21 pm »
oh and to have a restored splitty van

rosskesava

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2005, 11:25:08 pm »
Hi Matt

What's a splitty van? And restored - that's the interesting bit.

to be as happy as i am now

That is the best. No doubt.

Cheers

matt

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2005, 11:34:19 pm »
Hi Matt

What's a splitty van? And restored - that's the interesting bit.

to be as happy as i am now

That is the best. No doubt.

Cheers

VW SPLIT SCREEN CAMPER VAN

rosskesava

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2005, 11:50:10 pm »
Hi Matt again

Class. Pure class. That is 100% real style.

Hi Graham

If you meant how many ££££'s with regards me. Just as many as I can get. There is no limit on ££££'s. I love £££'s. I love spending it on the things I want. Give me ££££'s. Please. Now......

rosskesava

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2005, 11:57:08 pm »
Ross - no - that van is exquisite.

It is.

marc al

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2005, 08:25:14 am »
  I just want to keep building my round to the point where I have quality work for a short day! I have held a management position and have had all the related people stress that goes with it, I just want a nice quiet life now!

matt

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2005, 09:46:44 am »
the van, expect to pay aound the 15 K for a good un :)

then of course they say 3 K to do your bits and pieces

they are worth 18 K of any1's money

done to show standard these can fetch 20 K plus

its a dream or mine, and i am allmost there ;)

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2005, 08:15:32 pm »
What do you do with a 'splitty van'? 

Can you get roof racks to fit your ladders on?  How much water would it hold for a WFP system?

rosskesava

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2005, 08:40:59 pm »

Can you get roof racks to fit your ladders on? How much water would it hold for a WFP system?

You may think that a bit tongue in cheek but I'd bet you'd get a lot of business just going around in it cleaning windows.

Part of our long term plans is to have a number of odd vehicles (including 2 hearses to stop the arguements as to who drives).

Having looked at that picture I'm now wondering about a decent old VW camper van with strengthened suspension ......... maybe...............

matt

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2005, 08:47:11 pm »

Can you get roof racks to fit your ladders on?  How much water would it hold for a WFP system?

its not for work, i have another VW for that ;)