matt

Oh and ive also worked on council estates and got to know a few addicts aswell and NONE of them would work, why would they when they can go shop lifting etc etc

Ian_Giles

steady children, we don't need to get into a debate about druggies, that is a subject for the chat side of the forum.
But anyone on drugs or booze should not be working in a hazardous job, just like driving a car, they are an accident waiting to happen.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

seansurrey

When I lived down in Portsmouth every week I had a guy come in asking for a job. He had extreme learning difficulties, anyway after about 6 months of this I took him on part time eyeing the spuds cleaning the yard and generaly doing the jobs no one else wanted to do . It was hard work at first but the bloke was solid gold, on an hourly rate I paid him more then any else taking him on was one of the most rewarding things I ever done.

matt

when i was in the building game, our company took on this older guy who had a mental breakdown when his mum died :(

he was a chippy aswell, so he started off working on jobs i was running, he was really slow, anyways, he was then sent out to do maintanace work on coucil properties, he did too good a job, every job was really well done BUT he took hours and hours too long :( thus we lost money on this council work

he was due to be fired and i told the boss " he can work with me and i will speed him up and teach him our what we expect " , well he did, it was very hard work, in the end he was put in the stores as a storeman, he left because when he didnt have anything to do in the sotres he was expected to clean the vans, he wouldnt as he was a tradesman

nice enough bloke, i felt good saving his job for a few months aswell :)

Paul Coleman

You have no way of telling if he is window cleaning IN PLACE of mugging old woman, have you?

YOU have NO IDEA about being an addict, DO YOU?

Ask the addict before you SPOUT OFF!

With respect Jacky, you don't know either.  Maybe he is doing it in place of mugging, maybe he isn't.

matt

You have no way of telling if he is window cleaning IN PLACE of mugging old woman, have you?

YOU have NO IDEA about being an addict, DO YOU?

Ask the addict before you SPOUT OFF!

With respect Jacky, you don't know either.  Maybe he is doing it in place of mugging, maybe he isn't.

unless its him they are taking about, thus he got all defensive

Jacky, if it is you, i have some old scrims you can have, better than tea-towels, i am sure a few other will donate a few bits of tat to you

When I lived down in Portsmouth every week I had a guy come in asking for a job. He had extreme learning difficulties, anyway after about 6 months of this I took him on part time eyeing the spuds cleaning the yard and generaly doing the jobs no one else wanted to do . It was hard work at first but the bloke was solid gold, on an hourly rate I paid him more then any else taking him on was one of the most rewarding things I ever done.

Sean,

That's good and I'm all for mentally disabled working.  The Israeli army is the only army in the world that recruits downsyndrome soldiers.  Obviously they only get jobs suited to their abilities and I think good on them.

But this guy is an accident waiting to happen; man, you should see his ladders; he seems quite determined to stick at it too; which worries me.

Sir Squeaky

Tosh, I'm 99% sure he's on the dole.

Apparently he's in Threshers buying loads of Stella on the same day each time.
As well as fags and Rizlas...
 ::)

EasyClean

Has anyone done a search for this chap on crimestoppers yet? This chap is causing such a commotion and he's probably unaware of all of us chatting about him. Tosh, next time you see him tell him about this topic  and ask him does he or doesn't he as a lot of us are intrigued now!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

paul saunders

Yeah, and tell him, if he is mugging old ladies "we wana av a word wiv im"  ;D
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.