Rob Hall

Re: How many of us feel comfortable with Cleaning/Polishing Stone Floors
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2012, 10:20:07 pm »
With 19 views (to date) and only your comment, I simply cannot believe that, on a cleaning forum and specifically a hard flooring part, that 19 people are not comfortable with cleaning a stone floor??
It is a shame they didn't leave their contact details, I could have sent them on to someone who runs a course.

Rob, calm down, you're coming across quite agressive with the 'I ask a question why is no one replying stuff.'
I've done the 2 day IICRC theory stuff so on paper that makes me capable of doing the job, in reality I don't think I am, but I will feel a lot more comfortable when I've had a chance to re read the book a few times, but that will never substitute practical courses or being in the presence of someone doing the job whilst watching and asking questions.
Thats exactly the problem with typing a conversation. There is no feeling in the words. I am not trying to be aggressive, I am trying to make a point.

Kevin Martin has said that he is considering taking people on one of his jobs, ask him about it, it could just be the thing you need. Have you done his course?

Have you done any other courses?

What is your opinion on the IICRC course?

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2012, 10:40:17 pm »
Kevin Martin has said that he is considering taking people on one of his jobs, ask him about it, it could just be the thing you need. Have you done his course?

I did speak to Kev about it and I'm giving it some thought.
No I haven't done any other stone courses.
As for IICRC I had to do one of their courses in order to reach the right number of 'credits' for the year and with Farnham being quite local it was a win win situation. The IICRC courses are very good but too intense for the period given to teach/learn albeit they are just the theory side of things.

Rob Hall

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 11:19:39 pm »

I did speak to Kev about it and I'm giving it some thought.
No I haven't done any other stone courses.
As for IICRC I had to do one of their courses in order to reach the right number of 'credits' for the year and with Farnham being quite local it was a win win situation. The IICRC courses are very good but too intense for the period given to teach/learn albeit they are just the theory side of things.
Thanks for that, what is the cost of the course?

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2012, 07:16:57 pm »

About £240 (wife sorts all that out)

Rob Hall

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2012, 07:41:36 pm »

About £240 (wife sorts all that out)
Thanks Neil

terrazzoman

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2012, 10:07:52 pm »
if any one whats some hands on experiance in the london area drop us a line
or in the outlining area !! no cost !! we can give you a over look of what is possible with natural materials

Rob Hall

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2013, 02:17:15 am »
if any one whats some hands on experiance in the london area drop us a line
or in the outlining area !! no cost !! we can give you a over look of what is possible with natural materials
Thanks Terrazzoman. I wish I was a bit closer to you.
I hope some others will take you up on your generous offer