Paul Kettless

Re: get that glide back on !
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2008, 09:10:51 am »
I do not think that using glides should be based on how dry you leave a carpet, but on the reduced stress and fatigue that we put on our bodies.  For this alone, they are worth there weight in gold.

However, I use a wonderwand with my speedster and am more than happy with the overall performance.  I always carry dryers on ther van and use them whenever practically possible.  So many seem not to use them nowadays.
Complete Cleaning "you really can tell the difference"

*paul_moss

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2008, 09:23:16 am »
I always tell my customers that the carpets will take up to 8 hours to dry and not to use them as much as possible until that time is up. I tell them they may feel dry after a couple of hours but they are not and try to stay off them for the full 8 hour. In the real world this is often not the case and they are using them in a couple of hours, and certain areas like H/S/L they have no choice.
I always use a glide on my wands, I dont care if I have the best wand tech or the worst tech or if they dry quicker, I just know it makes life much easier and the job far more enjoyable using one.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

mark shannon

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2008, 08:17:33 pm »
II always use a glide on my wands, I dont care if I have the best wand tech or the worst tech or if they dry quicker, I just know it makes life much easier and the job far more enjoyable using one.

Agree with you 100% Paul took mine off today, first time in ages, absolutely shagged out after half hour.  :P

Glides are a massive health benefit  :)

spindle

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2008, 07:16:09 pm »
never had a glide .........so dont know what i am missing.........

although len has offered to lend me his........

pansies.......scared of pushing a wand around with out glides....you guys must be sooooooooo out of shape ;) ;) ;D
life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

mark shannon

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2008, 07:54:14 pm »
Spindle

A Glide is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

carpet guy

« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2008, 09:24:51 pm »
Bit like farting, eh Shaun ?     Read my post again, what's wrong with the comment?

If there was a well engineered wand that incorporated metal skids or glides to make it easier for the weaker among you and increase air flow there would be no need for expensive add ons.

Surely not asking too much.

rob

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2008, 09:37:15 pm »
Adding bits on is called progression or Evolution (did you like that link?)

Image your lady wife with out her 'rounded bit' wouldn't be the same would it?

Shaun

elliott cleaning

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2008, 09:37:54 pm »
Spindle

A glide needs to be specific to your particular wand.  Borrowing someone elses glide, who might have a different wand is a complete waste of time.

If you are cleaning one carpet a day, then fine, you probably don't need a glide.  If you clean carpets 9- 5, 5/6 days a week, then not only will a glide lengthen your professional life but your clients will also benefit from reduced drying times

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2008, 09:42:54 pm »
My carpets definately aren't as dry as they were before i got the glide also i now get plumes of steam behind my wand were as before i could manage it by producing airflow at the back lip to suck it all up as i was wanding.

That being said though, the glide will be staying firmly in place simply because it is soooooo much easier!

Cheers Goron

elliott cleaning

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2008, 09:54:37 pm »
OK, Carpet Knights.  Maybe this is a bit of  physics, but what is it that is different now that you have a glide attached.  Agreed, it is easier to push & pull the darn thing, but why would it be less effective in sucking?  Are you using holed/hybrid or slotted?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2008, 10:27:16 pm »
Don't forget your jets will be higher off the carpet than they were originally set so you will get the steam puthering out because you are introducing hot water to more air.

Regards the drying, I belive that glides give you a lazy wand technique, before Xmas I looked at mine and the strokes were longer and I wasn't get the retrieval I should also because you are rinsing you can't use the wand lips to scrub so you do tend to rinse more to disolve more soild therefore put more water down.

Shaun

elliott cleaning

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2008, 10:39:33 pm »
As Shaun says, if you rinse more that is no bad thing.  The more you flush the more dirt you remove from the carpet always providing that you have the suck.   " Lazy wand technique"!  Wherever I look I keep coming across the term "wand action/technique". What a great mystical term which keeps cropping up but nobody seems to be able to put a concrete description to

carpet guy

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2008, 11:56:03 pm »
Never had any complaints about my wand technique

spindle

« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2008, 02:53:36 pm »
Spindle

A glide needs to be specific to your particular wand.  Borrowing someone elses glide, who might have a different wand is a complete waste of time.

If you are cleaning one carpet a day, then fine, you probably don't need a glide.  If you clean carpets 9- 5, 5/6 days a week, then not only will a glide lengthen your professional life but your clients will also benefit from reduced drying times

i have an identical wand to len  so i think it would work ;D

i dont clean 9-5 5/6 day pw but if i did i would consider buying 1...maybe ;)

life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

Jeff Lydon/Greenie

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2008, 04:14:17 am »
Goron, you must have a small leak, put some sealer on it and you will be fine.
I say a small leak cause if it was a serious leak you'd be leaving carpets sopping wet and you would have ripped that glide of straight away.

btw: which model do you have, holes, slots, or hybrid?