gwrightson

Missing my home comforts
« on: July 28, 2007, 06:12:07 pm »
  I  had a custy point these letters out to me , they had been taken from our local paper,
  I must admit I was amused ath the one about the guys from scotland ;D

To be fair , Im sure the vast majority are doing a good job whilst under pressure, and recieving aggro from flooded victims ;D
   Geoff

Belfor came in to handle our initial claim, 10 days ago, as of yet they haven't desanitized the property or brought in dehumidifiers. They are unable to give a date as to when we will receive the equipment, so some of us are in a catch-22 situation, we can raise quotes but can't progress any further as the property isn't dried out. Then there's the little problem that the risk assessor for our contents hasn't fed back his findings and paperwork, so the insurance company can't approve a quote as they don't know what they are paying for!
Richard, West Hull

They've all been great but Rainbow (scotland) sent down a team of three last week to measure my house. One to measure, one to write and one to smoke. Then yesterday another three people came, one to write notes, one to switch the machines on and one to tell me how gutted he was with his accomodation becuase it didn't have a gym or playstations in the room? Here's out side the box thinking but if all 6 of those people did the preparation work seperatly 6 times the work could be done! Wow im clever!
andrew, West (Flooded!) Hull

who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Len Gribble

Re: Missing my home comforts
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 08:19:19 pm »
Geoff

I once had a customer go off like a roman candle, tried to explain the water table thingamajig, would he have it! NO, then complained at the noise I was making, again tried to explain no electricity. I always think outside the box but some times you have to stay in the box! ;D

Heard on the radio news today our water bills will go up to stop this happen again, thought it was the job of the local council to clear the drains (believe they are called storm drains)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

carpetguy

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 12:21:30 pm »
Problem with " storm " drains, in the U K is, they are totally inadequate, as has been shown for many years.

They can barely cope with " run off " from a localised thunderstorm, never mind the prolonged rain recently experienced.

Instead of our idealistic politicians and rich philanthropists trying to look good by pouring millions into foreign aid schemes, or olympic games, white elephant buildings, the basic infrastructure throughout these islands needs to be upgraded !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rob

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 02:33:46 pm »
Rob

It’s all down to budget (allocations) distribution of excess dose not come it, we have x to spend and must spend it on that! Not that the other services are struggling due to lack of funds.

Are you sure you are based in paisley, as had the same conversation with a neighbour today.

One white elephant seems to be taking off is 02, what’s the betting they got that a bargain basement prices.

Think Ken’s up for re-election next year, tour de France and red bull race, one forget new congestion charge/area and to be expanded.

Have to say labour is now the new conservatives.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

John Kelly

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 01:23:21 pm »
This is a typical reaction from members of the puplic who don't understand the industry or give thought to the massive amount of properties that have been affected.
A fire and flood company will toddle along quite nicely doing mundane things like washing machine leaks, fires etc. Then this happens, before you know it, 20, 50, 200 jobs are realling off the emails or fax machine.
What you then have to do is tie up any ongoing work you have in progress in your local area. Muster the troops, supplies, equipment and head for the disaster zone.
If you have 50 jobs and 3 or 4 staff it is no good going to the first job and blasting away unitil its finished. Why, because the other 49 will be on the phone to their Isurance company wanting to know when someones coming out. If this happens they phone up and complain or worse take it off you and give it to another company.
So what you do is show your face, lift carpets and underlay if the policyholder hasn't already done it, clean and sanitise the floors then move on to the next one.
Its likely the Rainbow mentioned had 3 people to do work that was required but obviously non was at that point. As for the other one waiting 10 days and he's expecting things to be sorted out, he needs a reality check, over 30,000 flooded properties, do you know how much paperwork that entails.
This is the big downside to flood work, dealing with people like this who think there is a magic wand that can sort THEIR problem out striaght away.