Ian Gourlay

Qoutes Audits dealing with enquiries
« on: March 22, 2006, 01:39:00 am »
You get a price shopper phones you up

How much to have my 15feet by 3feet hall cleaned

How do you get them to make an apointment for an audit. ?

Do you succeed or do you give in and tell them £60 ??? ??? ???

We are talking about what really happens not text book answer,

What about if it is a room 25feet by 10 feet

If you do make an appointment how soon do you go round.

Do you find that the customer has continued to phone other companies who do qoute over the phone.

How often do you succeed in qouting for more work than their origional enquiry.

carpetclean

Re: Qoutes Audits dealing with enquiries
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 05:37:28 am »
every time i quote a shopper over the phone i never get it. i can usually tell as soon as they speak that the phone call is a lost cause
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 07:19:41 am »
the one thing we have noticed,we were told not to give estimates over the phone,we have done and come unstuck :-\ also by going round houses etc,it shows you care and taken the time out to look,most times you get that job ;)
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 07:41:39 am »
Fine,

But how soon do you go round?

John Kelly

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 08:04:14 am »
We always quote on phone. Only limited styles of houses in areas so usually have a feel for what to expect. Get about 8 out of 10 jobs.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 08:22:10 am »
Hi Guys,

I too quote on the phone ,  90% of the time on domestic.

If someone rings up with one room and are after the cheapest price ,  then I feel I have wasted enough time answering the phone without wasting any more.

Cheers

Doug

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 09:37:18 am »
Ok,

So how much details do you give of your supperor service compared to the other Guy. To Close the deal

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 01:01:39 pm »
Ask the customer "are you just looking for the cheapest price"

When they say "yes" then say "well there's no point asking me for a price, I'm not cheap"

They will ask you why, you then go on to say that you do a good job, not a cheap job....... then you have the chance to justify your charges.

If you are against pricing on the phone, you can always give examples like "the last lounge I dad was (size) and cost (price), and because the carpet was in a bad state I had to (list steps, ie prespray, agitate, whatever)"

You can always say "usually between £x and £y, depending on the type of carpet and degree of staining"
SELL QUALITY, NOT PRICE
[/u]

Don't forget, when Virgin Airlines started, Richard Branson rang Boeing for a price on a second hand 747...... he certainly wasn't expecting the cheapest aircraft, otherwise he would have bought a cast-off from a 3rd world airline, but he did need to know if he could afford it.

Mrs A may ring for a price because she has only got £20 and wants a "splash and dab" merchant, in which case you have saved petrol going to see the job.... otherwise she may just ask the price so she knows how much cash to extract from hubby's wallet so she can pay you!

neil 47

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 06:03:36 pm »
I,ve got to agree with carpet clean each time I quote over the phone I don,t get it.

always visit if you want at least 85% of jobs

Neil
IICRC

John Kelly

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 06:46:40 pm »
Most of our jobs come from either referals or from a limited number of adverts placed in local magazines. The service level is laid out there so when people phone they have an idea of the costs involved. We are  middle of the road price wise as carpet cleaning is not the main income stream. If it was I would charge double and survey all jobs on site.

Mr Dvae

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 07:09:28 pm »
so you've got a prospect on the phone, they want  something cleaned, this is your opportunity to sell ur service and persuade them that they should'nt use anyone else.
You've got a sale on the phone, if u lose it do u blame the customer or the salesperson?
In double glazing the sales mgr gives out sales leads and if the salespeople don't  turn them into sales they will ultimately go out of business.
This i find is food for thought,as i find the more time i spend on the phone the more enquiries i turn into sales, but don't forget we never win them all.

Regards

Dave