L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

Mini Rental Carpet Cleaning UK Turnover
« on: October 15, 2011, 11:40:36 am »
Does anyone have any knowledge or data of some kind to know
The amount that the mini rental carpet cleaning hire market has
Throughout the county ?
Late last night coming home from shopping at my local Morrisons
Supermarket there was this young lady waiting to be served and dealt
With regarding the hire of the Rug Doctor.
Just wondered if she was going to hire it for the weekend and do her
Whole house.
Turnover from every hire outlet I mean.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Lewis  Doubfire
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

Re: Mini Rental Carpet Cleaning UK Turnover
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 12:12:21 pm »
I think Alan from Swindon used to do this he might be able to help you

;D

from edge2edge

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 12:25:59 pm »
Hi Guys as Hector says i used to hire out numatic ctd900-2 machines but knocked it on the head as i do my regular work mostly in Oxford now so couldnt really provide the service i wanted to.I think Lewis wants to find out how many a supermarket might hire out but i dont know where that info is apart from ringing them up under some pretence or other and asking them directly............Alan

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 12:31:27 pm »
I find the machine rental market has decreased most people either want a professional to get the optimum results or supermarkets have taked away from the entrepreur making a living as it's easier to rent a machine from them as you get it as you walk past it also you buy part of branding ie Tescos must recommend it. I once heard that they make money on it but it is a great hassle with some dodgy claims albeit they have a disclaimer, I have cleaned many a home where they have tried rental machines and failed miserably to get decent results the bridge nowadays between rug dr and a good set up is vast 10 years ago it was quite close.

Shaun

Colin Day

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 12:44:21 pm »
I too used to hire out a CDT902... I was fed up with people complaining that their carpets were too wet. So I sold the heap of junk on ebay....

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 01:14:40 pm »
Just thought I`d ask.Even the Asian grocer shops are hiring em`
Out up here,it`s not possible perhaps I know to get accurate figures.Got to agree there also Shaun,HWE techniques and additves have
Over the years improved beyond all recognition.In the right hands of course,
Preferably a seasoned professional.

Lewis  Doubtfire
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 06:03:20 pm »
I was wondering about hiring out a prochem 5star machine I've got sitting around which is basically a RD. Although £30 a day is £30 more than it earns sitting around doing nothing, there's something in me that struggles to allow people to use it when you know the results won't be that good.

Alan Carr

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 02:12:15 pm »
I agree Neil, why not rent it out. There are still people who would rather do things themselves than hire a company to do it. What have you got to lose...?

markpowell

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 04:45:34 pm »
I was wondering about hiring out a prochem 5star machine I've got sitting around which is basically a RD. Although £30 a day is £30 more than it earns sitting around doing nothing, there's something in me that struggles to allow people to use it when you know the results won't be that good.

It would be nothing but a headcahe Neil, would sell it on ebay mate
Mark

garry22

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 04:56:12 pm »
It's more a case of some idiot shooting foamy froth up inside the vacuum motors

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 09:27:18 pm »
For about £6 you could get Rug Doctors Accounts

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 11:44:01 pm »

We used to hire out a Five Star. They used to have issues with air locking so we changed to Hydromist Compacts. They go out on hire most weekends. (we only charge em at 24 hrs on weekend)

The people who hire them the most own second homes or rental property. One lady has us clean her own home in Cupar (one of my 2 domestic c/c customers) however she hires machine and does it herself in Aberdeen despite me recommending someone local to her who probably does a better job than we do.

peter maybury

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 12:19:22 am »
gave up hiring machines about 10 years ago. The cost op maintaining the machines was close to the revenue they brought in. We would charge £25 per day but it does not take any effort to do £25 damage to a machine, blow a vac motor and that is the next 3 hires to get your money back.
Advertise machine hire and if you cannot convert them tell them you hire machines are booked for the next month.............
Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com][url]www.carpetcleanercardiff.com[/url]

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 06:06:26 am »
Thanks for that Ian.That’s the information or at least
Something like that I was asking.It`s amazing how people
Wander off topic and start saying or advising people to
Start hiring out their own machines which is nothing
Whatsoever to do with the original post.

Lewis  Doubtfire
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner