Simon Blades

Industrial Parks
« on: August 23, 2012, 08:08:10 am »
Hi Everyone,

Cab anyone give me any help and advice on where to start looking for contacts for cleaning industrial parks? I run a small exterior cleaning business and we are looking to expand. My local Industrial parks block paving and canopies are filthy and in desperate need of cleaning! I just don't know where to start in looking for the people that manage the site.

Any help would be much appreciated

Many Thanks

Simon Blades
High Pressure Jet Cleaning

Rob_Mac

Re: Industrial Parks
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 10:30:21 am »
Simon

I don't know what the magic formula is on this or on any other work.

I have just started some work on two local industrial parks, for a national landlord, these are more industrial units but much the same.

They contacted me, I went over to have a look at them, put the price in and waited. Did both of them yesterday.

I would have thought the client will be looking for service providers that come up in search results, that have a decent website, show a front of being capable and have what they are looking for.

I think that what I did yesterday was a test to see how we did, other people had quoted and given sample areas but I got the work, whether I will get more work and on a larger scale will be determined by whether they are happy with the price and end product.

If you are talking about retail parks people like Burger King very rarely own the plot they are trading from but the management and wellbeing of the park will be down to a commercial landlord such as Kingsturge. Remember they aren't the owner, only a service provider, managing the site.

This is my first in with a PLC on this side of the business but I am confident that the work that we did on the Olympic Village would have had a say in us being asked.

Good luck

Rob ;D

Simon Blades

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 07:56:42 am »
Thanks for that Rob.

Simon

Jane Burrows

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 03:25:09 pm »
Call in to one or two of the companies trading on the park and ask them who their landlord is. Then you can contact the landlord directly (more often than not a big player these days like MEPC) so might have to be persistent to get thru to the right person.