macajl08

Floor cleaning
« on: August 01, 2012, 01:11:46 pm »
Can anyone help, I have a large contract cleaning ambulances and is going well accept I'm not happy with the floor inside the ambulance . I have tried numerous floor cleaners (industrial ones) and nothing seems to get it up , it's like a hard plastic/rubber type flooring similar to what you see in food factories.
Any help would be grateful .

Intelligent Surface Solutions

Re: Floor cleaning
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 07:30:20 pm »
This will be my first post on the forum so you have just "popped my cherry"! The flooring in question is a non slip safety floor (Altro or Similar) - Best process for cleaning would be as follows:

Apply a high Alkaline product
Agitate and allow to dwell for 10 mins
Remove "sludge" with a wet vac

You may have to repeat this several times as the flooring probably contains a couple of years of build up that slowly rises to the surface after you remove the top layers. This is caused by too much chemical being used in the previous maintenance cleaning programme that was never fully removed. Once it is cleaned keep them clean by regularily using a neutral mild detergent.

Word of caution Do not use too much water as this can cause problems with the electrics or start to lift the flooring over time!

Hope this Helps