Justen Uff

Questions to ask at interview?
« on: April 26, 2012, 08:14:05 pm »
We're interviewing for the first time.  Just wondering what sort of questions would help lead me to know if I've got the right person or not.
Any suggestions from you wise heads?

colley614

Re: Questions to ask at interview?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 07:55:04 pm »
Google it. I found a lot of useful questions. i.e. ' Are you considering joining the Armed Forces or any other organizations?' So you can find out if they plan on doing anything in the future.

paul parker

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 07:59:01 am »
Hey it is not that complicated. For any business if you want to hire some one and want to get an insight of that person start with simple questions like Tell m about Yourself? ask about the career prospects and then gradually deviate him from the topic and put up the right questions like what should be your commitment to the company, salary expectations. To get more you can always check Google.

Jane Burrows

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 06:02:04 pm »
I always get them to informally chat, just for a few minutes with other members of staff, some on the cleaning team or the girls in the office. Helps me get a rounded view and I value their input. Makes your existing staff feel more valued too as they see themselves as having input into recruitment decisions. I have found this really helps the team ethos. :)

clarkson

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 07:44:21 am »

hi
 i find the interview stage in cleaning only gleans out th absolute no hopers anyway.

They will all tell you they will be honest reliable etc An out and out thief isnt going to sit there and tell you.

Some one leaving for Australia in two months wont tell you that either

Also i get people shaking in there shoes and can hardly string three words together, it doesnt mean they wont be great workers. They also wont be quick to leave as they dont want to have to look for other jobs and interview again.

Jane is right, i much more lean towards informal chats about there situation, when done this way you learn a lot more they open up a bit. you might pick up on something that means they are a definite no. like 'when the baby comes' lol.  You also might realise your first impression was wrong and they are good people.

The most important thing i have learned is dont go straight into a full contract /probationary period situation, i now do a working trial for one or two weeks. paid of course. They will soon show there true colours if there is a problem.

this is with cleaning staff, with admin you have to go a bit more formal because you need the right people and need to discuss background and training.

cheers

john