Damian Robert Reed

re prices
« on: March 14, 2012, 05:09:12 pm »
can anyone help me when pricing an office clean. do i quote by the hour or per job ?

Phild

Re: re prices
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 09:37:28 pm »
Damian do a search of old threads this is a repeater of a question !

I would suggest £10/ hr and eye-ball the job and guesstimate how long you think it will take to clean. Then measure up the floor area and if its an office reckon on a cleaner doing 2500 feet per hour. Mull over your eyeball figure and measured figure and go for the one or a combination that you are most comfortable with. If you win the job do it yourself till the site is brought up to scratch. At that point you will know whether your costing was right or not and be able to adjust based on experience in the future. You then staff it and make sure they realise you know every inch / centimetre of the site as you have cleaned it yourself so you don't want them letting YOUR standards slip. Thats an executive summary of a seminar I do at two hundred quid a pop and its yours for free ;-)

I am being serious but also do take the advice of searching old threads. There is more info hidden in this site than you could learn in a lifetime and people have given it for free.

Best of luck.

PhilD

p.s If they do bite and you panic, e-mail me.

Stephen Williams

Re: re prices
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 04:09:27 pm »
I think Phil is spot on there. I do all the cleaning on new contracts myself for a two week period and then will supervise a cleaner/s to make sure everything is up to standard.
Often i'll offer the initial clean FOC just to get to grips with time and area and as a way of demonstration. I charge in the region of £13/14 an hour. This is based on what I'll pay on wages (+30-50%), and the cost of equipment (vacuum, mops, buckets etc) divided by the hourly rate over 12 months, if that makes sense. eg: Vacuum £100, 6hrs a week, 52 weeks a year = 32p an hour for the vac etc etc.
But I always give 2 prices, 1 with providing equipment and 1 without (just labour)