Rita p

Cleaning contract
« on: January 23, 2012, 07:36:08 pm »
Hi,

Am hoping to start my cleaning business very soon, as am being made redundant from were i work, so Please can you inform me on how to go about finding cleaning contracts.

I would be grateful, if anyone can inform me on how subcontract works, and if you know of any lids that i may use.

Thanks

Mike_Boxall

Re: Cleaning contract
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 05:37:07 pm »
Hi Rita

There is no single way of finding cleaning contracts but the forum does have lots of great advice if you spend some time going through the previous topics. Building a cleaning business is hard particularly from scratch so it's really a case of getting one or two smaller jobs first, doing a good job and then building them as referrals.

Good luck!

Regards

Mike

Syed

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 07:33:11 pm »
Hi

Am hoping to start my cleaning business very soon, as am being made redundant from were i work, so Please can you inform me on how to go about finding cleaning contracts.

I would be grateful, if anyone can inform me on how subcontract works, and if you know of any lids that i may use.

Thanks

HI Rita

Well i can help you out in this case. I have some guys who do canvasing for some window cleaners.If you are  interested to need some jobs i may help you in this. for further do not hesitate to contact me at  syedghazi5@gmail.com

Many thanks
SYED

Hands On 4 U

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 10:12:44 pm »
Hi There,
               The issue with subcontractors is Tax make sure you are registered with the construction industry scheme.

Wendy from Hands On 4 U Cleaning Services.

Rita p

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 06:40:21 pm »

Hi Wendy,
Thanks for the info, i hold a CSCS card for the construction site, dose that mean am registered with the construction industry scheme,as i was told that it allows me to be on site.
since having the card i have not used it so am not sure?

Rita

thecleaningco

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 12:10:29 pm »
Rita,

CSCS cards and CIS are two completely different things.

CSCS card demonstrates that you have a basic knowledge of site safety and are competent to work within a construction environment.

CIS is a tax scheme whereby you will be taxed at source by the contractor for construction related works. If you are not CIS registered you will be taxed 30%, and if you are registered you will be taxed at 20%, or 0% if you meet the criteria (which would be larger companies only).

Tax is not deducted from materials, plant hire, VAT, external cleaning, etc.

You would need to register for CIS via HMRC and also need to be registered for PAYE.

It's all here... http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cis/

Hope that helps!

Si.

craig@kestrel

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 07:10:55 pm »
Hey

I was woundering if anyone has a window cleaning contract templates that i could look at, as i have a new job that requires a contract and i dont know how to sort one out.

thanks
Craig

dhiman

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 06:52:04 pm »
Thanks All members

Open discussion for your business