Alfa

Customer want a compensation
« on: July 07, 2009, 06:11:04 pm »
Hi to all of you
Today I have just received a letter from a customer about a job done 10 days ago.
The job was carpet and after tenancy cleaning.
The lady did called after we finished and said that she is not happy with the job carpets were still dirty she said (in our opinion we did a great job) and the cleaning was bad as well she said. We offer to go back and redo the job as this things do happened sometimes it was friday and we said that we will go on monday but the lady said than that is OK and we forgot about it. Today after 10 days she sent that letter and demanding for money back also the big shock is that she will send us a bill for the oven door, which she said that it did had a little damage but we done it worst with our cleaning products and caused  a corrosion to the oven doors. She will also send pictures and saying that she will be given a bill by the owners for two oven doors which she things is 3/4 our responsibility.
The damage was there we did noticed it but now it is too late we should made pictures then. What can we do to justify our selves? Any advices are welcome as we are in a bit of a mess as this is the first written complain we are receiving since we started 2 1/2 years ago.

AuRavelling79

Re: Customer want a compensation
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 08:03:56 am »
You will get a better response in general cleaning issues - FWIW I reckon she's got no case if she said OK don't bother after you offered to come back. Sounds like she's either a nutter or is trying it on to get some "shut up and go away" money from you or your insurance.
It's a game of three halves!

Alfa

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 05:58:10 pm »
Yes that what it seems but shell we offer her money?

Tom Mac

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 08:25:33 am »
If you believe you have done a good job and have offered to go back to look at the job again, then do not give a refund.

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 01:25:32 pm »
I agree, send them a letter asking "why they refused for you to go back when you was going to do it again for free" then wait for the answer, if they mention that they said no because .. bla bla bla then you will have it in writing from them that you offered to go back and they said no.

;D ;D

Alfa

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 11:54:19 pm »
Thank we are going to wait and see.

captain j

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 05:03:30 pm »
Never had this myself but whenever i go into a customers property I always check the appliance first for any damage or things not working (mainly the figures from the dials are missing) and also take pictures of before to use for future promotions or website gallery but this will also act as evidence if they ever did make a complaint.

Thanks Jason