Steve L

Empoyee becoming a sub contractor?
« on: February 11, 2009, 04:26:25 pm »
Hi,

I would really appreciate some advice on the following.........

I run a wheelie bin cleaning round and  have one part time employee (avg 2 days pw) who is leaving to work for his ex wife who has funded a patio cleaning set up for him.
My question is can he still work for me and can i be  billed by the new business or his work. He mainly works with me with the occasional round solo?

I believe if he works <65% of his time with me this should be ok?

Regards

Steve

STEVE

WHEELIEHOTWASH

newbroom

Re: Empoyee becoming a sub contractor?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 04:50:57 pm »
Hi Steve,

It really simple let his new business invoice you for any work he  does for you.You make payments to his new business.

Steve L

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 12:48:41 pm »
hi newbroom,

Tks for the advice.

Does i need to see his PL/EL insurance as mine would not cover him as he will not be an employee?

Steve
STEVE

WHEELIEHOTWASH

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 11:50:01 pm »
hi newbroom,

Tks for the advice.

Does i need to see his PL/EL insurance as mine would not cover him as he will not be an employee?

Steve
I would make sure your pl and other insurances  covers sub contractors, hes not emplyed by you so imo el does come in to it as far as I am aware, best bet would to to call your insurance company and get the coreect facts, peole will only give there opinion me included and could well be wrong.

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)