Dave wood

Insurance advice
« on: June 24, 2010, 04:43:12 pm »
Hi
I am just starting up in the carpet cleaning business and needed some advice on Insurance for public liability and some sort of product insurance ,Can anyone tell me where to get the best quotes and advice relating to starting up would be  appreciated

Thx
Dave

Richard Cole

Re: Insurance advice
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 05:55:20 pm »
Hi Dave

I'm just starting out myself and have just had a couple of quotes back, one from Polished who advertise on this site (there are actually Allied)  for Public Liablity and Treatment Risk ( a must for claiming against items being worked on) they are quoting me £173.25, they also insure tools and equiptment upto the value of £6,000 (useful if you leave tools in the van overnight) which they are quoting me an extra £115.50.

The other insurance company I have had a quote from is McGregor Lloyd Ltd Tel: 0121 7060 616 who are an associate member of the NCCA, they were quoting me about £170 but they do not offer tool and equipment insurance for tools left in the van.

Hope this helps, best of luck with your new business.
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

Dave wood

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 06:09:36 pm »
Thx Richard that's great ,Those prices seem very reasonable ,I wonder if they cover carpet fitting with the public liability insurance  as i am doing both Cleaning and fitting.

This does seem to be 1 of the best forums I have found for a prompt reply

Mark Farrimond

Re: Insurance advice New
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 09:27:58 am »
Thanks for the recommendation Richard, much appreciated.

If anyone needs any help please do not hesitate to ring, or visit our site.

Richard Cole

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 10:32:23 pm »
No problem Mark.

I will be comming back to you soon, I'm looking to start trading from 1st August 2010.

former carpet cleaner, now retired!

fitz2kleen

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 04:03:09 pm »
I baught my liability insurence off axa for £258 this gives me indemnity of 2mill and cover of £250,000 for loss or damage to items in or worked on
Regards Marc