Neil Grainger

How often should Your Clients Get their Carpets Cleaned
« on: July 06, 2006, 06:52:13 am »
HI All

How often should your customers get their carpets cleaned.

I know their are many variables.

But am looking at groups such as

2 adults with little use
2 Adults 1 Child
2 Adults 2 Children and 2 dogs
Old People.

Cheers

Neil

martin19842

Re: How often should Your Clients Get their Carpets Cleaned
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 07:27:38 am »
hi there

the simple answer is

as often as the client wants them cleaned, ive known commercial places having them done an average five times a year, on a rolling programme.

i do mine at home when they look dirty, easy really

regards

martin

chemoclean

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 07:58:10 am »
Carpet manufacturers official recommendation is;

every 12 - 18 months

craigp

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 08:37:02 am »
when custys ask i say 6 mths (extreme case) - 18 mths but some times retired couples no kids it could go up to 5 years,

i just done one older couple not had theres cleaned in 12 years (since new), and you would'nt know it there carpets still like new!

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 09:23:10 am »
In the example you have qouted every six months.

In reality it depends on how asertive you are in convinceing them of the need.

Contacting them in six months or booking an apointment like the dentist at the time of clean

Liahona

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 09:48:16 am »
Ian, excellent point. The problem with the question is the word should. We should clean I would say

every 6 months and is some cases more as we have all seen the I.I.C.R.C. guidelines as to why and

how often. As to convincing the customers on a more frequent clean, well that is the hard part. I try to

clean between 4 and 6 months depending on my clients social needs as well as soiling needs. For

those who dont market to your customers to clean every 6 months will have to find twice as many

customers than the cleaner who does. If done well with your current clients you should be able to at

least add on a third of business so to speak to your existing work. No leaflets, no yellow pages no

nothing but a third increase. If you got all your customers to clean every 6 months then you would

double your amount of cleaning with out having to find one more customer. The fast trackers do this

and are very succesful at it so I am told. I just adammently disagree with going back in 6 months for free.

A reduced rate maybe as the clean would be easier is fine but as for free, on your bike....... But again,

should and do are very far apart. The more you charge the more likely you are going to go back in 6

months, odd but true............. Not only that but if you are only charging a small amount in the first place

would you want to go back there again anyway. Charge higher, go back in 6 months and double your

gross.....should make the profit a wee bit higher too. Best, Dave.