SB Cleaning

Re: How long until your guys picked it up?
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2020, 07:31:18 pm »
I can tell you now I wouldn’t let anyone lose on my work after a week a week is ridiculous,when you start using a pole it takes a week after the first couple of days for you to be able to move your upper body again after days of aching.
Ideally you need to have cleaned windows traditionally that’s the kind of person you need,I can see if a windows clean from the ground from experience if you have no experience you can’t possibly have a clue.
I agree

It takes years to fully master wfp.

Some people on here are in cloud cuckoo land ;D

NWH

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2020, 07:48:27 pm »
Not even worth responding really although I have done to say you can pick it up in weeks I don’t know what kind of a job someone who makes that kind of comment thinks they will get from an employee,there is a dexterity to using WFP as there is with a squeegee a technique and a way to use it.
To use it competently through trial and error takes months I would still expect mistakes that are basic after a year if they rushed,with experience windows take seconds to clean close to perfect someone who doesn’t know what they are doing could  take 5 minutes to clean a window that would end up looking awful.

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2020, 08:12:35 am »
It's the number 1 reason I pick up new work.....their last WCs did a rubbish job......invariably its cleaning companies  with staff....
price higher/work harder!

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2020, 11:12:34 am »
It's the number 1 reason I pick up new work.....their last WCs did a rubbish job......invariably its cleaning companies  with staff....

us too!

and because the previous window cleaner was unreliable or unprofessional

you only get to speak to the ones who aren't happy dont you
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

NWH

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2020, 12:05:07 pm »
Enough said saying you can’t pick it up in weeks I’ve got a clearer picture in my mind now thanks 😂,I would never expect anyone to pick and kind of window cleaning up in a week only doing a half decent job of wiping sills if I was traditional.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2020, 07:44:44 pm »
When I was training employees up I would expect them be competent within 2-3 months and fully up to speed with an eye to detail at 6 months.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2020, 08:24:46 pm »
25-30 houses a day says it all of what type of houses they are if you are cleaning 10-£15 houses you could let any Numb Nut 🥜 loose of em after a week or so 🤣🤣, this is why I always say employing isn’t easy because I value the customers I have and have had for a long time.
Says the one who cleans the outside then when he goes to clean the insides notices that the windows he’s just cleaned aren’t........errr clean😂😂

NWH

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2020, 08:57:19 pm »
Exactly that’s why it takes “experience “ I know that so now I take more care when I’m going inside etc,a few weeks-months 🤣🤣

Dry Clean

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2020, 03:07:43 pm »
Some silly replies on this one, lol, for normal domestic stuff an hour will be more than enough to learn how to clean a window properly, then its just a matter of upping your skill level so that you can clean them quicker.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2020, 03:29:42 pm »
Some silly replies on this one, lol, for normal domestic stuff an hour will be more than enough to learn how to clean a window properly, then its just a matter of upping your skill level so that you can clean them quicker.
A hour  ::)roll

And you talk about silly replies  ;D

KS Cleaning

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2020, 03:44:57 pm »
Did you actually read the question? How long did it take for your guys to be trusted completely on their own from scratch? .....To which you have answered 1 hour 😂😂, arguably the silliest reply on the thread.

Dry Clean

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2020, 04:35:57 pm »
Did you actually read the question? How long did it take for your guys to be trusted completely on their own from scratch? .....To which you have answered 1 hour 😂😂, arguably the silliest reply on the thread.
Sorry I read how long until they picked it up which I suppose is different to how long before you would trust a stranger to drive off in your van with your equipment, the very first property I cleaned using wfp was my own and other than it taking 4 times longer than it should have it was cleaned to perfection, prior to this I had received about 10 minutes training from the equipment seller.

Dry Clean

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2020, 04:45:39 pm »
A hour  ::)roll

And you talk about silly replies  ;D
I know why would take an hour for somebody to learn how to wash dust from a pane of glass, I just didn't want to sound too cocky. lol

G Griffin

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2020, 05:07:29 pm »
;D
No, an hour is 'more than enough'. The employee has had an interview, been kitted out with uniform and had a dinner break in that hour, too.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Smudger

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2020, 05:56:08 pm »
Sorry I read how long until they picked it up which I suppose is different to how long before you would trust a stranger to drive off in your van with your equipment, the very first property I cleaned using wfp was my own and other than it taking 4 times longer than it should have it was cleaned to perfection, prior to this I had received about 10 minutes training from the equipment seller.

fantastic ! that seller must have something special I hope he set up a business in training people to be window cleaners he'd have made a fortune

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2020, 06:46:39 pm »
Lol goodness me 🤣🤣 some people must have toilet work that’s all I can say coz I wouldn’t let anyone loose on stuff I’ve got that’s  very good paying that I’ve had for years,that’s my dilemma with employing idiots.
You don’t get the right people you don’t pay the right money blah blah blah,the right person is the one that won’t lose me my livelihood in a few weeks lol,I value the work I have it’s taken years to build I’m not willing to knock it down in a matter of weeks.

Dry Clean

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2020, 08:16:24 pm »

fantastic ! that seller must have something special I hope he set up a business in training people to be window cleaners he'd have made a fortune

Darran
Wow, why didn't I think of that,
1. Put the brush on the glass and turn on your water.
2. Scrub the glass, frames and rinse.
3. Be careful around vents and degraded rubber seals as they can cause spotting and runs.
4. For obvious reasons clean the highest window first and work down.
Crap if I'm going to get suckers to buy this training I will need a lot more than this. lol

Smudger

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2020, 08:24:11 pm »
Life must be boring for you dry being so perfect from the get go - well done 👍

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2020, 08:27:10 pm »

Darran
Perfect, get real, I clean windows for a living which is hardly an achievement to brag about.

G Griffin

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2020, 08:32:52 pm »

Darran
Perfect, get real, I clean windows for a living which is hardly an achievement to brag about.
Noooooooo, you clean windows perfectly after less than an hour of practice.
Don't be so modest, Dry.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐