Spruce

Re: Gardiner Light Green Ultra Flex PU Hose
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2020, 08:02:16 am »
I remember him, wasn’t he part time window cleaner and security officer?

Couple of other oldies must have packed up by now. Dai from Wales and Jeff all into DIY before Alex took off.

Actually now you say this Dave, I seem to remember some like that regarding Joe. For a part timer he knew his stuff.

Dia was a regular poster and then his posts became less and less frequent. He was older than I am and had a young child. I often wondered about him as well.

Not sure about Jeff Brimble. His website is still going with Chris. He was on about Nano technology and treating the windows he cleaned with a titanium coating to reduce cleaning frequencies. I watched this with interest for a number of years waiting for the next big jump in wfp window cleaning but it never happened.
We called Jeff Thimble Brimble because he was able to wash and rinse a window with a cup of water. But he only cleaned glass and never touched the upper frames which I didn't feel was right. We purchased a trad round from a window cleaner who only cleaned the glass. The window frames were disgusting so I always related the two.

Who was it who had the DIY forum at one time? I remember him shaving the weight off of a Vikan brush. He made it lighter but I would have been embarrassed cleaning windows with a customer seeing it.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2020, 09:20:47 am »
It’s where it exits the pole handle, Exceed blue is exactly the same. Used to snip a bit off  near the brush head now and again to move the crease along a bit. Storing the pole in a drain pipe probably doesn’t help.

Hi Dave

This will be the main reason that you always get the kink in the hose - being folded over the end of the pole in storage in the drain pipe.

Is there a way of storing it without having the hose folded over in the pipe?

Have you tried the Reinforced flexible PVC hose we do? It is very soft and flexible, but not suitable for hot water. Although it would also fold over it would not then take on a permanent kink due to being much softer.

G Griffin

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2020, 09:42:34 am »
I remember him, wasn’t he part time window cleaner and security officer?

Couple of other oldies must have packed up by now. Dai from Wales and Jeff all into DIY before Alex took off.

Actually now you say this Dave, I seem to remember some like that regarding Joe. For a part timer he knew his stuff.

Dia was a regular poster and then his posts became less and less frequent. He was older than I am and had a young child. I often wondered about him as well.

Not sure about Jeff Brimble. His website is still going with Chris. He was on about Nano technology and treating the windows he cleaned with a titanium coating to reduce cleaning frequencies. I watched this with interest for a number of years waiting for the next big jump in wfp window cleaning but it never happened.
We called Jeff Thimble Brimble because he was able to wash and rinse a window with a cup of water. But he only cleaned glass and never touched the upper frames which I didn't feel was right. We purchased a trad round from a window cleaner who only cleaned the glass. The window frames were disgusting so I always related the two.

Who was it who had the DIY forum at one time? I remember him shaving the weight off of a Vikan brush. He made it lighter but I would have been embarrassed cleaning windows with a customer seeing it.
I remember Dai and Jeff Brimble. I think JB adapted a wheelchair for a water fed system.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2020, 09:46:04 am »
I never had a 'permanent' kink in the green hose. It would kink in use as it would coil and tangle so easily.

I remember all the oldies, I think Jouk45 had a son who died and was (understandably) less active on here thereafter. There was Matt too- had a wfp diy website, then later a wc'ing forum. Wasn't he from your neck of the woods Dave? He was into VW campers.
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2020, 12:02:55 pm »
I remember Jeff Brimble wasn’t it he was very knowledgeable he must have been one of the first that went WFP,always posting pics with his trolley etc.

Dave Willis

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2020, 01:03:25 pm »
Yea Matt’s still about. I’m sure there was another Jeff too who may have started a forum with Joe.

Alex, I’ve had the reinforced in the past and it was ok. The daft thing for me was using all those barbed joiners restricting the flow.
Green has improved a little since forcing it around the reel where it doesn’t want to be. I now lay the pole in the van brush first to get rid of the bend.

G Griffin

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2020, 01:14:52 pm »
Do you find you're getting the kinks all day and all of the night? 
Or is it worse during days especially on a sunny afternoon?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

combat1

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2020, 08:10:11 am »
I use this hose, hot and cold.
Only once had a problem, probably due to poor hose control.
Now I leave it connected all day, loop it in big loops before returning to the van. It’s probably quite long as it’s from my backpack days.
At night I disconnect it and big loop it, keeping it in shape with the Gardiner easy wraps x 4. This keeps the hose in shape for the next use. Has worked well.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2020, 06:23:48 pm »
How's this hose going Dave? If it's an improvement on the older green stuff I may try some. If it consumes more time and effort to manage than it's worth then I'll give it a miss. I reckon we have similar patience thresholds! 😁
Comfortably Numb!

Dave Willis

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2020, 06:32:59 pm »
Wouldn’t recommend it. Still using it and will continue with it. Had a couple of knots today which would baffle a boy scout. Best thing about it is no need for inserts. Title of the product is very misleading imo. Ultra flexible it certainly isn’t 😀